PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh: Palin most “prominent and articulate voice” for conservatism

silverhawks
05-06-2009, 07:41 AM
http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/05/limbaugh-palin-most-prominent-and-articulate-voice-for-conservatism/

As the Republican Party continues to struggle, some of them are starting to sound silly. Rush Limbaugh is now suggesting that Sarah Palin is the most prominent and articulate voice for good old-fashioned American conservatism. Recalling the disastrous interviews Ms. Palin did with Katie Couric on the CBS Evening News during the campaign, ‘prominent’ and ‘articulate’ are not the words that immediately pop into my mind.

But the leader of the Republican Party, Rush Limbaugh, thinks differently…

Limbaugh also insists that some Republican leaders hate, despise and fear Sara Palin as well as find her embarrassing. The embarrassing part I definitely understand.

He’s referring to that new group formed by old Republicans called the National Council for a New America. It’s made up of folks like Jeb Bush, Mitt Romney, Bobby Jindal and John McCain who are working to re-brand the GOP.

Limbaugh says it’s nothing more than an early campaign event being held by a bunch of Republicans who have what Limbaugh calls “presidential perspirations.” While some members of this Council for a New America are calling for doing away with the Reagan era and finding a more forward looking message, Limbaugh says a lot of that talk is code meant as a knock on Sarah Palin who is conspicuously absent from the National Council for a New America.

Well don’t you know, once again Limbaugh speaks and Republicans snap to attention and salute. No sooner had he said all this stuff than Congressman Eric Cantor announced that Palin had finally accepted an offer to join the National Council for a New America. Go figure.

Here’s my question to you: Rush Limbaugh says Sarah Palin is the most “prominent and articulate voice” for conservatism. Is he right?

http://reactiondynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/facepalm.gif

Because "good old-fashioned American conservatism" includes condoning torture, cheering on pre-emptive wars, massive government spending and justifying suspension of civil rights, doesn't it?

Liberty Star
05-06-2009, 08:03 AM
He's been right on the mark on Iraq/Bush/Cheney/McCain/Giuliani, got to be right on Palin too.

Elwar
05-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Ya, I've seen several moves to prop up Palin as the Republican Party nominee for 2012.

Cowlesy
05-06-2009, 08:12 AM
He lost me at articulate.

Young Paleocon
05-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Sweet Jesus they are grasping at straws.

slacker921
05-06-2009, 08:44 AM
Ya, I've seen several moves to prop up Palin as the Republican Party nominee for 2012.

Me too.. from Democrats and neoconservatives.

brandon
05-06-2009, 08:47 AM
It amazes me how Rush can be so good at critiquing Democratic politicians, but so terribly bad at promoting alternatives.

Who's feeding Rush his lines?

Elwar
05-06-2009, 08:53 AM
It amazes me how Rush can be so good at critiquing Democratic politicians, but so terribly bad at promoting alternatives.

"The American conservative hates the left more than the state" -Lew Rockwell

Whenever a conservative talk show host starts to have difficulty or faulters a bit, all they need to do to get back on track is say "Liberals are bad".

"San Dimas High School Football rules!" "WOOOOO!!!"

Kraig
05-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Limbaugh and Palin are both such a joke. Limbaugh doesn't even seem to know what conservative means.

acptulsa
05-06-2009, 09:09 AM
We'd be better off with Tina Fey. This is definitely one case where the copy is better than the original!

Crash Martinez
05-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Incidentally - and I only point this out in the interest of promoting factual knowledge - Limbaugh has often stated that he is NOT a Republican. I don't know what he is, maybe a Conservative... but it's a little annoying to read or hear reports about Limbaugh that refer to him as a Republican, just because it's obvious they never asked him about his political affiliation.

acptulsa
05-06-2009, 09:22 AM
I'll never forget her debate with Biden. Not one question answered. In every case, they both deflected and dissembled. If she's the great neocon hope, we can pretty much start celebrating our victory now.

reduen
05-06-2009, 09:41 AM
The sad thing is that this might very well be true...!!!! They are going to try and shove her down our throats no matter how stupid (and folksy) she is. Mark my words Palin will be the death of the GOP. (The final nail...) I love it!

All of my GOP friends have finally seen past her @&& and realized how ignorant she really is...

SWATH
05-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Ughh, no words.

Athan
05-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Rush has just realized his ship really is sinking and is ready to deputize the hot waitress.
HOPE THE SHARKS AREN'T HUNGRY!

acptulsa
05-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Rush has just realized his ship really is sinking...

Strange, isn't it? On paper, a source of hot air like that one should be able to float the Titanic.

pacelli
05-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Rush Limbaugh encouraged his listeners to vote for Clinton. Nuff said.

Austin
05-06-2009, 10:38 AM
"The American conservative hates the left more than the state" -Lew Rockwell

Whenever a conservative talk show host starts to have difficulty or faulters a bit, all they need to do to get back on track is say "Liberals are bad".

"San Dimas High School Football rules!" "WOOOOO!!!"

That reminds me of Billy Madison when he said "Nib High Football Rules!" at the end of his terrible response to the question on reflections of society in literature.

Where is that saying originally from?

Don't Tread on Mike
05-06-2009, 10:40 AM
I like Palin's view on guns. Everything else I hate.

MPN
05-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Before poor Bobby Jindal delivered the "Republican Response" to the President's address to the quasi-state of the union (or whatever you want to call it) Limbaugh, at least outwardly, was sure that Jindal would be the next Ronald Reagan (he made some faint efforts to defend Jindal, but apparently he is shifting gears).

Presumably, (I’m attempting not to put words into his mouth) by the next Ronald Reagan, he would have meant Jindal was the most articulate and prominent voice for conservatism. Maybe not? In any case, we’ll see what happens.

Elwar
05-06-2009, 11:09 AM
That reminds me of Billy Madison when he said "Nib High Football Rules!" at the end of his terrible response to the question on reflections of society in literature.

Where is that saying originally from?

I was quoting Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...

It was the only movie my brother had when I stayed with him for a summer :)

VIDEODROME
05-06-2009, 03:20 PM
Why do I feel like are debates are put together by the same people that make TV gameshows.

bunklocoempire
05-06-2009, 04:38 PM
The most used excuse for voting McCain that I encountered was:

"I'm not voting for McCain, I'm voting for Palin"

A spoonful of delusional sugar helps the liberty grabbing policies go down. The bar constantly set for republicans, is simply to appear better than democrats, how courageous.

We can expect much more of this.

Bunkloco

LATruth
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
During a speech Rush gave at a National Council for a New America rally he stated that it was his 1st address to the nation, and the crowd went NUTS. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Limbaugh run on the whitehouse.... :(

Anyone else catch that tidbit of predictive programming?

Freedom 4 all
05-06-2009, 06:20 PM
We'd be better off with Tina Fey. This is definitely one case where the copy is better than the original!

Liz Lemon for president. It's the smartest character she plays.

pacelli
05-06-2009, 06:57 PM
The most used excuse for voting McCain that I encountered was:

"I'm not voting for McCain, I'm voting for Palin"

A spoonful of delusional sugar helps the liberty grabbing policies go down. The bar constantly set for republicans, is simply to appear better than democrats, how courageous.

We can expect much more of this.

Bunkloco

Yes, we saw the same logic posted here, of all places.

MPN
05-06-2009, 10:40 PM
During a speech Rush gave at a National Council for a New America rally he stated that it was his 1st address to the nation, and the crowd went NUTS. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Limbaugh run on the whitehouse.... :(

Anyone else catch that tidbit of predictive programming?

I think that was CPAC.

LATruth
05-06-2009, 11:23 PM
I think that was CPAC.

You are so right, it was CPAC.

Time for Change
05-07-2009, 03:54 AM
well....she is the best of the current crop of popular republicrats...
at least SHE has some balls.

revolutionman
05-07-2009, 04:16 AM
http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2009/05/05/limbaugh-palin-most-prominent-and-articulate-voice-for-conservatism/

http://reactiondynamics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/facepalm.gif

Because "good old-fashioned American conservatism" includes condoning torture, cheering on pre-emptive wars, massive government spending and justifying suspension of civil rights, doesn't it?

He must have graduated from pain killers to hallucinogens.

He Who Pawns
05-07-2009, 06:45 AM
The party is FINISHED.

But one thing I don't understand. This new group is supposed to be focused on fiscal conservatism (their website does not mention abortion or gay marriage), so why is Bobby Jindal involved in it? Isn't he a hardcore Christian who denies Evolution?

MPN
05-07-2009, 08:34 AM
The party is FINISHED.

But one thing I don't understand. This new group is supposed to be focused on fiscal conservatism (their website does not mention abortion or gay marriage), so why is Bobby Jindal involved in it? Isn't he a hardcore Christian who denies Evolution?

Which website are you referring to?

He Who Pawns
05-07-2009, 08:38 AM
This new group of Romney, Jeb, Bobby, etc. I saw a report on TV that said their website does not mention any "social" issues.

RevolutionSD
05-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I'll never forget her debate with Biden. Not one question answered. In every case, they both deflected and dissembled. If she's the great neocon hope, we can pretty much start celebrating our victory now.

Why? Voters will vote for who will bring home the bacon for them, and who the media shoves down their throats, and neither of those is Ron Paul.

RevolutionSD
05-07-2009, 09:08 AM
The party is FINISHED.

Hate to say it but Ron Paul is also christian and at the very least questions evolution.

acptulsa
05-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Why? Voters will vote for who will bring home the bacon for them, and who the media shoves down their throats, and neither of those is Ron Paul.

But the voters are now questioning the media and the media's perception of what 'the bacon' is. Yes 'the bacon' tastes good, but now that we as a nation have clogged arteries and are close to death, that 'bacon' isn't so popular.

I think you underestimate us.

He Who Pawns
05-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Hate to say it but Ron Paul is also christian and at the very least questions evolution.

We can't all be perfect.

Dreamofunity
05-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Sarah Palin is articulate?

Did they change the definition of that word recently?

LATruth
05-07-2009, 01:25 PM

Palin is now synonymous with Sagan & Jung.

Todd
05-07-2009, 01:40 PM

Bush redefinitioned it.

anaconda
05-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I still think Palin is a wild card. She may join the Revolution before 2012. She is popular with the GOP base. And we can get LOTS of those GOP party line voters to switch to the Revolution. They are ready to dump their "brand." If she can get her talking points right, a Palin/Paul ticket could be a real head spinner. It depends if her heart is in the right place.

AuH20
05-07-2009, 02:08 PM
I still think Palin is a wild card. She may join the Revolution before 2012. She is popular with the GOP base. And we can get LOTS of those GOP party line voters to switch to the Revolution. They are ready to dump their "brand." If she can get her talking points right, a Palin/Paul ticket could be a real head spinner. It depends if her heart is in the right place.

Wasn't Palin a supporter of Buchanan years before?

silverhawks
05-07-2009, 02:59 PM

If by "head spinner" you mean "Scanners-style head-splosion", sure. :D

The only reason Palin will join the Revolution is if we agree to pool resources to cover the costs of her power suits. In my opinion, compromising your principles in order to win popular support is for the other guys.

Palin "speaking" (and I use that term loosely) for us would be instantaneous political suicide for this movement.

silverhawks
05-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Wasn't Palin a supporter of Buchanan years before?

More than likely; she seems willing to support anyone or say anything that gets her in front of a camera, like most politicians.

anaconda
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
In my opinion, compromising your principles in order to win popular support is for the other guys.

We may not have to compromise at all. I want to keep an open mind about her potential. She may be relieved to be able to join the Revolution andhave political clout. She may embrace the Ron Paul Revolution lock stock and barrel. She ended up showing a bit of a rogue streak during the campaign, which was even a bit of an embarrassment to McCain. She may be looking for a way out of neo con land.

heavenlyboy34
05-08-2009, 01:13 PM
If by "head spinner" you mean "Scanners-style head-splosion", sure. :D

The only reason Palin will join the Revolution is if we agree to pool resources to cover the costs of her power suits. In my opinion, compromising your principles in order to win popular support is for the other guys.

Palin "speaking" (and I use that term loosely) for us would be instantaneous political suicide for this movement.

+a bunch! :cool: All these compromisers around here are starting to creep me out! :O

rp08orbust
05-08-2009, 05:41 PM
a Palin/Paul ticket could be a real head pinner

Assuming Sarah Palin made a believable conversion to libertarianism, why on earth would we want her to lead the Palin/Paul ticket? To appeal to the Republican base with a former insider? We saw how well that worked with Bob Barr.

anaconda
05-09-2009, 01:58 AM
Assuming Sarah Palin made a believable conversion to libertarianism, why on earth would we want her to lead the Palin/Paul ticket? To appeal to the Republican base with a former insider? We saw how well that worked with Bob Barr.

Barr was not a nominee on the ticket of one of the major parties, nor was he a governor. If Ron Paul gets elected president, we're gonna need a lot of votes from people that we don't necessarily love. I am suggesting Palin/Paul as a possible GOP ticket, not Libertarian ticket.