PDA

View Full Version : 500 + Tea Parties already planned for July 4

max
05-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Will probably be 1000 towns by July 4......

Let Hannity and Limbaugh promote while we get out there and pwn these parties with RP literature and fliers

http://www.teapartyday.com/Locations.aspx

slacker921
05-05-2009, 09:12 PM
nice, professional looking signs this time. That's my goal. I plan to take about a dozen nicely made signs with quotes from the founding fathers. I'll hold one and hand extras to others to hold. I have to do my part to counteract the crappy looking anti-Obama signs that make the tea parties look like a neocon love fest.

satchelmcqueen
05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
i dont care what anyone says. we need more rp signs in these things if not for anything but representation of the ideas behind all of this and how and who to look to for answers to fix all of this mess.

Emrys
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I have to be honest with you, and no offense to anyone. I wont be going to any tea party on July 4th. Ill be celebrating my country with my family while its still America. But Ill be at the next one I can promise you that.

TER
05-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I have to be honest with you, and no offense to anyone. I wont be going to any tea party on July 4th. Ill be celebrating my country with my family while its still America. But Ill be at the next one I can promise you that.

I can think of no better way in celebrating my country than to stand among those who truly understand the cost of liberty and freedom.

qwerty
05-06-2009, 12:00 AM
NICE!!!

SPREAD THE WORD!!!

AND PRINT C4L FLYERS ;)

:cool:

Liberty Rebellion
05-06-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm in my sister's wedding right up the street from the St. Charles Riverfront that day!! I know they'll have a Campaign for Liberty booth and activists down there! I'll just have to excuse myself for a moment to partake in some Tea Party fun!:D

Danke
05-06-2009, 04:57 AM
http://www.marchforliberty.org/marchdetails.html

and

http://current.com/items/89509842_the-real-million-marijuana-march-on-dc-july-4th-2009.htm

muzzled dogg
05-06-2009, 05:04 AM
I can think of no better way in celebrating my country than to stand among those who truly understand the cost of liberty and freedom.

agreed

that being said, these tea parties are going to be all neocons

slacker921
05-06-2009, 05:44 AM
agreed

they need a "Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security. ~Benjamin Franklin" sign...

acptulsa
05-06-2009, 06:39 AM
What about Memorial Day? We going to let them lie there unheeded while the idiots all around us just give away the liberty that they fought and died to (ostensibly or in reality) maintain for us? That just wouldn't be right.

Don't Tread on Mike
05-06-2009, 07:12 AM
I will be at a tea party trying to un-hijack them :D

hotbrownsauce
05-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Will probably be 1000 towns by July 4......

Let Hannity and Limbaugh promote while we get out there and pwn these parties with RP literature and fliers

http://www.teapartyday.com/Locations.aspx

check out reteaparty.com also!!!

ClayTrainor
05-06-2009, 10:09 PM
This sounds like a great opportunity to promote a July 4th money bomb, for Kokesh :D

speciallyblend
05-06-2009, 10:09 PM
agreed

then hand them rgop.org flyers and CFL

speciallyblend
05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
This sounds like a great opportunity to promote a July 4th money bomb, for Kokesh :D

ditto. Adam Kokesh;)

He Who Pawns
05-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Amazing, amazing.

Slist
05-07-2009, 07:16 AM
A lovely thing would be a chip in to buy ron paul's manifesto in big quantities. And then giving it away for free at the tea parties.. leaving them on benches.. My guess is such a thing would have a huuuge impact. The editor might even give big rebates

Feenix566
05-07-2009, 07:31 AM
A lovely thing would be a chip in to buy ron paul's manifesto in big quantities. And then giving it away for free at the tea parties.. leaving them on benches.. My guess is such a thing would have a huuuge impact. The editor might even give big rebates

Coincidentally, I was just thinking about doing the same thing with Henry Hazlitt's "Economics in One Lesson". I contacted Random House to find out what kinds of bulk discounts they offer. They have a range of discounts. They answered me back with the info. I left the document at home and I'm at work right now, so these numbers may be a little off, but it's something like this:

You get 20% off on orders of 1-99 books.
You get 45% off on orders of 100-249 books
You get 47% off on orders of 250-500 books
You get 50% off on orders of 500-999 books
You get 60% off on orders of 1000+ books.

The retail price of "Economics in One Lesson" is $13.95. So, you can get 1000 of them for $5580.

"The Revolution: A Manifesto" is published by Grand Central Publishing, which is a division of Hatchette Book Group. You'll have to contact them to get details about bulk discounts. The suggested retail price of Revolution is $21.00, so it'll probably be a bit more expensive.

If you purchase the books on behalf of a tax-exempt organization or a business, you don't have to pay sales tax! I'm pretty sure C4L is tax exempt. Does anybody know?

Does anybody know if they're planning on putting out a paperback version of Revolution any time soon? That would make the price lower, and this plan would be more viable.

acptulsa
05-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Anyone want to meet Dubya? He'll be at the Fourth of July celebration in Woodward, Ok. Wonder if they're going to publish a schedule so you can catch Asleep at the Wheel but miss the world's most famous neocon dweeb?

Slist
05-07-2009, 07:38 AM
The retail price of "Economics in One Lesson" is $13.95. So, you can get 1000 of them for $5580.
Imagine we would have the money we had for some projects in the past... we could re-educate the world :)

I don't know, couldn't Ron Paul somehow help such an operation? For instance in giving the rights out for free so we could arrange to print the books ourselves?

Feenix566
05-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Imagine we would have the money we had for some projects in the past... we could re-educate the world :)

Yup! That's what I was thinking. If we could raise a hundred thousand dollars, we could buy 17,921 books. We could saturate the world with them. If enough people read that book and wake up to the logical fallacies of big government economic intervention, then we could make a lot of progress!

I don't know, couldn't Ron Paul somehow help such an operation? For instance in giving the rights out for free so we could arrange to print the books ourselves?

I suppose he could, but the publishing companies already have the printing presses built and ready to go. Why re-invent the wheel?

He Who Pawns
05-07-2009, 07:57 AM
I hope that W is met with chants of "Ron Paul! Ron Paul!" at his tea party.

tonesforjonesbones
05-07-2009, 08:37 AM
We have a float in the July 4 parade for our tea party and others will march behind the float...this is great and I'm amazed that the parade organizers allowed it. I don't care if neo cons are there or independents or libertarians...I'm going and I'm taking a pitchfork. tones