PDA

View Full Version : America Turns to Ayn Rand for Guidance

clb09
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.mndaily.com/2009/05/05/rand%E2%80%99s-atlas-myth-america

Considering the recent collapse of public confidence in conservative politicians and multibillionaire CEOs, laissez-faire economics is being revisited to bolster the confidence of the business class, and nowhere is this more clearly demonstrated than the resurgent popularity of Ayn Rand’s capitalist encyclical, “Atlas Shrugged.” Since President Barack Obama’s inauguration, sales of the book have been “going through the roof” according to Yaron Brook, the president of the Ayn Rand Institute. Brook claims that the book has sold more copies in the first four months of 2009 than it did all last year.

max
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
There was supposed to me a movie coming out for Atlas Shrugged starring Brad Pitt...

but apparently its not anymore. I have to wonder if the Hollywood left put the kibosh on it....it might make moviegoers think

revolutionman
05-06-2009, 04:06 AM
as of April 1st 2009

Steven Zeitchik at the Risky Biz Blog is reporting the long gestating film adaptation of Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" is taking new steps toward the big screen. Zeitchick says Ryan Kavanaugh's Relativity Media is circling the Baldwin Entertainment project and could come aboard to finance with Lionsgate, which got involved several years ago. Angelina Jolie has been at the center of the chatter for about three years now as she was first attached to the role back in September of 2007 when Randall Wallace (Braveheart) was enlisted to adapt the 1,100 page 1957 novel for the screen. Now, Zeitchik says the list of potential actresses has grown to include Charlize Theron, Julia Roberts and Anne Hathaway. At one point Vadim Perelman (House of Sand and Fog) was aboard to direct.

Objectivist
05-06-2009, 04:20 AM
There was supposed to me a movie coming out for Atlas Shrugged starring Brad Pitt...

but apparently its not anymore. I have to wonder if the Hollywood left put the kibosh on it....it might make moviegoers think

Angelina Jolie!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0480239/