PDA

View Full Version : Should Rand start a committee too?

itshappening
05-05-2009, 04:27 PM
what's this about Greyson raising 1-2m? Rand should start a committee too and start raising money. dont let McConnell give Grayson a head start

this is ridiculous!!

itshappening
05-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Bunning's second quarter is likely to be equally dismal for him, while Grayson will probably report $1 million to $2 million in contrast since McConnell must do everything he can (as does NRSC Chairman Jon Cornyn) to show that Grayson has the heft to knock-off Bunning and hold on to this seat, which remains easily the most vulnerable in this cycle if Bunning remains their nominee.

itshappening
05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
folks, we're asleep at the wheel here...

South Park Fan
05-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Rand ought to form an exploratory committee right away. We can't let them have a head start!

Andrew-Austin
05-05-2009, 05:56 PM
What does an exploratory committee do? Explore the Amazon while Rand considers if he wants to run for Senate?

South Park Fan
05-05-2009, 05:59 PM
It allows him to raise money for a potential Senate run without officially running.

MRoCkEd
05-05-2009, 06:16 PM
I think we need to wait one more quarter to see what Bunning does. If Grayson has raised a few million and Bunning hasn't raised much, it is likely that he will drop out. This will determine whether Rand enters.

Austin
05-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Forming an exploratory committee now would brand him as a hypocrite, since he chastised Grayson for forming one before Bunning has officially dropped out.

Matt Collins
05-06-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm talking with Rand about this on a daily basis. I can assure you that Rand is quite aware of what's going on and is indeed paying very close attention to current events on this subject. I'm trying to schedule a face to face with Rand next week.

Don't Tread on Mike
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
I would stay on the DL just incase Bunning see's Rand as a threat and postpones the announcement of his retirement so Tray gets a good head start.

muzzled dogg
05-06-2009, 09:33 PM
/me scrolls down for a matt collins post

ok sounds good, keep us posted

Matt Collins
05-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Go have breakfast in the morning with him! :D

Rand Paul, this week, will travel to Teresa's Diner at 509 Gordon Ave Bowling Green*to*gauge support for a possible US Senate Run.* Dr. Paul will be there for breakfast at 7AM Thursday May 7th.

What? You could be at work by 9ish... :D:D
At the moment I'm on the beach in Florida engineering a string of concerts. I won't be able to meet with Rand until then.

Objectivist
05-07-2009, 04:20 AM
He should put out some current YouTube vids going over a number of topics that are important to the country and to himself. Spread the word!

Aratus
05-07-2009, 07:46 AM
out of sheer curiousity, i looked up Mitch McConnell on wiki. as Kentucky's senior senator, he won his seat again
in 2oo8 yet not by the 62% margin he had in 2oo2! he could run again in 2o14, which has him comfortably being
a kingmaker and power behind the scenes. so is he more open to a Grayson candidacy than is Senator Bunning?
would Mitch McConnell's next run get a boost if Rand Paul easily trounces Grayson an' then leaves the Democrat in
the dust with more than 55 percent? can we mayhap get Mitch McConnell to LIKE the idea of SENATOR RAND PAUL?

Aratus
05-07-2009, 08:01 AM
if mcconnell backs off and away from several of his moderate stances, and if rand paul gets
INTO the senate, would mitch mcconnell settle back and let rand paul have his opening? if
things get dicier budgetwise, for revenues are down at the state level across the board, as
the taxpayers get angrier and more people go to the tea parties, would mitch mcconnell see
the taxpayer discontent as the proverbial handwriting on the wall? evidently he's been all along
pressuring bunning not to run, is sitting with the idea of grayson, yet the dude does KNOW his
his own re-election does not happen until 2o14! he's going to sing a different tune if barack obama
gets nudged out of the presidency by perhaps mitt romney or sarah palin. if mcconnell senses that
rand paul is a political phenomenon on the rise, if he's an idiot, he could be a major obstacle. if he's
more boss hog or boss tweed, he's gonna hold back and then tweak things to dovetail a certain way.
bunning is surrounded by people who hint things to him... and he might decide that a run right now is
not worth the aggravation. senator bunning may decide to sit back and let the chips fall where they may!

Aratus
05-07-2009, 08:05 AM
i really think rand paul should start a committee... as soon as politely possible...

Aratus
05-19-2010, 09:24 AM
i wuz still feeling like a newbie for the most part when i said the above in my own ARATUS way!