PDA

View Full Version : WWe Chairman, Vince McMahon, says layoffs are expected because of Obama

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-05-2009, 03:00 PM
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/wi/2009/0505/407497/vince_mcmahon/index.shtml

Original_Intent
05-05-2009, 03:06 PM
We just had 8 layoffs in our office today, and told to expect more before the end of the month.

brandon
05-05-2009, 03:10 PM
non story here - dont waste your time.

Here's the summary if you're really interested: Some dude named Vince owns a wrestling business and he really loved Bush but doesn't like liberals so he made a negative remark about Obama.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
05-05-2009, 03:18 PM
non story here - dont waste your time.

Here's the summary if you're really interested: Some dude named Vince owns a wrestling business and he really loved Bush but doesn't like liberals so he made a negative remark about Obama.

I beg to differ:

WWE is a publically traded company that pulls is an internationaly recognized brand.

They rake in hundreds of millions of dollars a year and in the past have been a multi-billion dollar company.

Vince McMahon has been on the fortune 500.

Many layoffs have already occured this year so far (a rate higher than the normal releases throughout the year).

These are not just wrestlers who will be laid off, they employ a virtual army of agents, office staff, television production people, etc and are serve as the employer for quite a few people in Stamford,CT where the WWE corporate headquarters are based.

Golding
05-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Any professional wrestler that's worked with Vince McMahon (but currently doesn't) would tell you that he's had a history of firing people somewhat arbitrarily. Usually it's midcarders who were given crappy gimmicks and weak pushes, and are fired because the fans don't respond to them. Even in the early 2000's when business was booming, he had to make some sudden layoffs to recognized wrestlers. I have my doubts that now when he fires some Joe Jobber, that it's suddenly because of who the president is.

Who he should fire is his creative writing staff, and also whoever pitched the idea of having a wrestling show for every day of the week. The reason that Vince is finding himself forced to make layoffs is because he's trying to expand in an increasingly disinterested market.