PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Rachel Maddow - 5/5/09

mello
05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
Tonight, Dr. Paul will be interviewed on MSNBC's The Rachel Maddow Show. Hit time is near the beginning of the program around 9:05 pm eastern.

fletcher
05-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Ugh. I'll wait for the tube. I can't stand that partisan hack.

Don't Tread on Mike
05-05-2009, 02:33 PM
This sounded like a horrible sex scandal for a moment there lol. Go Dr. Paul, I hope the show goes well.

Thrashertm
05-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Ugh. I'll wait for the tube. I can't stand that partisan hack.

2nd that. She was annoying before, but after she said tea-bagging 200 times in a single interview with her lesbo friend Anne Marie Cox re: the Tea Parties....I can't take it any more.

angelatc
05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

Apparently I would take a bullet for Ron Paul but not watch 10 minutes of Rachel Maddow.

The kicker with her is that she is genuinely smart. She stoops so low to attract an audience that it's doubly insulting.

Chieftain1776
05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way.

Apparently I would take a bullet for Ron Paul but not watch 10 minutes of Rachel Maddow.

The kicker with her is that she is genuinely smart. She stoops so low to attract an audience that it's doubly insulting.

I'm probably going to write an email into show about focusing on foreign policy. They had a great segment a while ago on the Neo-cons.

YouTube - Matt Duss on Maddow Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ9bLaK-nRI)

I tried to watch it again after that and it was just boring.

Chieftain1776
05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
rachel@msnbc.com

I was going to wait after I watched. Also no need for the youtube. Usually msnbc posts the video on the show's page. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/

HOLLYWOOD
05-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Half Full glass: At least Raquel Maddow gives Ron Paul more time to speak and probably the only republican Maddow has any amount of respect for...

Half Empty glass: Maddow is a Leftist Marxist collaborator that continually spews hatred to the right and anything republican.

I think this GE/MSNBC way to split the Center(independents/libertarians/constitutionals/green/etc) to separate from the Republicans and rights. When I look at this, The GOP/RNC and rightists have to be the biggest political idiots currently in government. If the left see this, where's the heads of the GOP RINOS?

Aren't we all tired of the SLANTED JOURNALISM and Government payola favor rewards for Party Propaganda?

Maybe we'll see a bunch of GE/MSNBC sabotage/slandering questioning this evening.

surf
05-05-2009, 03:12 PM
glass 1/2 full: she has mildly called out Obama on wiretapping and she does seem to respect and like Dr. Paul. i'd imagine she's pro pot-decriminalization as well.

anyone know what the subject will be?

1/2 empty: teabaging and cheerleading

sidenote: anyone see the final Jeopardy category last week: "Money Map"? the Q (or answer) was something like "not in NY or CA, the 3 counties with the highest median income in the US are all suburbs of this city"

the answer (or question): what is Washington DC?

.... wonder why

jkr
05-05-2009, 03:31 PM
I worked at GEE EEE for a bit and had the USA 2day you were warned add on the wall...btw they suck

RSLudlum
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
RP coming up next after break..

MRoCkEd
05-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Ron Paul after the break! Tune in now

cybloo
05-05-2009, 06:54 PM
Blech. I bet he's on near the end of the show to make us all watch the blech-y stuff.

Woohoo!

cybloo
05-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Guh, another break. Me = impatient.

speciallyblend
05-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Guh, another break. Me = impatient.

i am glad they delayed. i had a check in at hotel:P sorry folks hotel is closed the next 15-30 minutes;)

cybloo
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Still no Paul - she's talking about some Time article. It's LOLtastic.

Oh wait, I think it's the lead-in. Alrighty, here we go...

speciallyblend
05-05-2009, 07:11 PM
sweetness, thank you rachel maddow, keep them coming:)

MRoCkEd
Very good segment. She is very respectful towards him, and lets him finish his answers.

2young2vote
Great interview. It wasn't a debate so she never even once cut him off. All she did was ask relevant questions and there was alot of talk about HR1207. He got alot of time to talk about the unfairness of the current political system. it was actually a really good interview.

speciallyblend
05-05-2009, 07:12 PM
the gop must really be shitting bricks right now;) gop you can count my vote on it:)

DirtMcGirt
05-05-2009, 07:13 PM
She gave him softball questions and let him speak, he was on point tonight. (he threw in a couple of new lines during his normal talking points)

speciallyblend
05-05-2009, 07:13 PM
adam kokesh on rachels show next, we need to make it happen:)

BuddyRey
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
Wow. Rachel Maddow is a very fair interviewer! :eek:

speciallyblend
05-05-2009, 07:14 PM
She gave him softball questions and let him speak, he was on point tonight. (he threw in a couple of new lines during his normal talking points)

the gop must be in a corner crying. why oo why did we treat them so badly at conventions;)

RSLudlum
05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Great interview. It wasn't a debate so she never even once cut him off. All she did was ask relevant questions and there was alot of talk about HR1207. He got alot of time to talk about the unfairness of the current political system. it was actually a really good interview.

Yes it was and remember the White House looooooves MSNBC. Maybe they were listening. ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/04/white-house-aide-we-love_n_195897.html

speciallyblend
05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Yes it was and remember the White House looooooves MSNBC. Maybe they were listening. ;)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/04/white-house-aide-we-love_n_195897.html

we need to start writing to rachel to get adam kokesh on:)

DirtMcGirt
05-05-2009, 07:17 PM
we need to start writing to rachel to get adam kokesh on:)

Is he ready for prime time?

devil21
05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
TouYube por favor.

speciallyblend
05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Is he ready for prime time?

already been on larry king;) so i would say HELL YA, where is the you tube of adam?? , ooo check this out;)WATCH THIS
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=191321

www.rgop.org

Dreamofunity
05-05-2009, 07:29 PM
She's respectful of Paul, so I don't usually mind her interviews. Her show is another story.

Kotin
05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Youtube!!!

speciallyblend
05-05-2009, 07:44 PM
Youtube!!!

it should rerun on tv later as well!!

mrchubbs
05-05-2009, 07:46 PM
Tube is here:

YouTube - Ron Paul discusses the GOP with Rachel Maddow 05/05/2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDR0OxVdsAo)

Enjoy!

tsopranos
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Rachel_Maddow_in_Seattle.jpg

It's amazing what a little lipstick can do. She still looks butch though. :D

The interview was great...like someone mentioned, softball questions and let him speak.

Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Maddow#Political_views)on her Political views, not sure how accurate it is...

An editorial in The Nation describes Maddow as "a liberal in the purest, almost mineral sense of the word."[27] Associated Press columnist David Bauder calls her "[Keith] Olbermann's political soul mate" and refers to the Olbermann/Maddow shows as a "liberal two-hour block".[28] However, Maddow describes herself as more nuanced, saying in one interview that she is a "national security liberal"[29] and in another that she is "not a partisan" and objects to being typecast.[30] The New York Times describes another facet of her politics, calling her a "defense policy wonk"[29] who is currently writing a book on the role of the military in postwar American politics.[29][31]

During the 2008 presidential election, Maddow did not formally support any candidate. Concerning Barack Obama's candidacy and later presidency, Maddow said, "I have never and still don't think of myself as an Obama supporter, either professionally or actually."

AuH2O
05-05-2009, 08:56 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Rachel_Maddow_in_Seattle.jpg

It's amazing what a little lipstick can do. She still looks butch though. :D

The interview was great...like someone mentioned, softball questions and let him speak.

Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Maddow#Political_views)on her Political views, not sure how accurate it is...

Where did you get this picture of Ron Reagan Jr?

Seriously though, I think RP could have said something about how the fragmentation of the GOP allows for "3rd party" ideology to actively shape the future of the Republican party in a positive way. I wish he didn't pander the entire tone of that interview towards Maddow's viewer demographic. It seems clear to me that the talking points in his head were civil liberties, invasive war, and beating up the big bad GOP -- the MSNBC greatest hits.

When she intimated that the GOP pushed him out, he should have said something about how he always has and still does stand for the core values of conservatism, and it is the Republican party that moved away from those principles.

MRoCkEd
05-05-2009, 09:01 PM
No need to attack her sexuality - come on now.
Stick to the issues. :cool:

0zzy
05-05-2009, 10:19 PM
No need to attack her sexuality - come on now.
Stick to the issues. :cool:

Who attacked her sexuality?
Besides, who would be against lesbianism! That's like being against kittens!

Dreamofunity
05-05-2009, 10:48 PM

Who could be against kittens?!?!

Lesbianism is ftw.

AuH2O
05-05-2009, 11:16 PM

I guess he thought that, by implying she looked a little like Ronald Reagan Jr, I was attacking her sexuality.

I was making no point about her sexual orientation at all. I was simply implying -- in an obviously sarcastic and wholly unserious manner -- that her gender was slightly ambiguous due to her appearance (and the fact that I always thought she bore a natural resemblance to RRJr). Only the political correctness police would automatically interpret that as an inappropriate attack on her orientation.

Athan
05-05-2009, 11:35 PM
It was a great interview! Thanks Rachel!