PDA

View Full Version : Let's write to Dobson...He's anti-FRED.

wgadget
09-19-2007, 10:55 PM
James Dobson of Focus on the Family will not endorse Fred the Great. Let's help him decide who the BEST candidate is.

Here is an online form provided on his website where we can address the issue:

http://family.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/family.cfg/php/enduser/ask.php?p_sid=11O4Xemi&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=14190

Found this over at www.hannity.com

Dobson Says He Won't Support Thompson
By ERIC GORSKI –

DENVER (AP) — James Dobson, one of the nation's most politically influential evangelical Christians, made it clear in a message to friends this week he will not support Republican presidential hopeful Fred Thompson.

In a private e-mail obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press, Dobson accuses the former Tennessee senator and actor of being weak on the campaign trail and wrong on issues dear to social conservatives.

"Isn't Thompson the candidate who is opposed to a Constitutional amendment to protect marriage, believes there should be 50 different definitions of marriage in the U.S., favors McCain-Feingold, won't talk at all about what he believes, and can't speak his way out of a paper bag on the campaign trail?" Dobson wrote.

"He has no passion, no zeal, and no apparent 'want to.' And yet he is apparently the Great Hope that burns in the breasts of many conservative Christians? Well, not for me, my brothers. Not for me!"

The founder and chairman of Colorado Springs-based Focus on the Family, Dobson draws a radio audience in the millions, many of whom who first came to trust the child psychologist for his conservative Christian advice on child-rearing.
LINK TO FULL AP ARTICLE

This is not going according to Fred's plan...

reduen
09-19-2007, 10:59 PM
James Dobson is a wonderful man and would be a huge benefit to have on our side...

wgadget
09-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Let's go get 'em, fellow Christian soldiers!

aksmith
09-19-2007, 11:01 PM
He's a Huckleberry fan, isn't he?

reduen
09-19-2007, 11:02 PM
How can we get Dr. Paul to meet with him?? A one on one would be the very best option here!

reduen
09-19-2007, 11:04 PM
He's a Huckleberry fan, isn't he?

Probably but I don't think he has endorsed him yet..

wgadget
09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Here's what I just sent:

Question: Have you met Ron Paul?

Please consider the merits of Dr. Ron Paul. He is a Christian who has been married for over 50 years, to the same woman. He has five children and 18 grandchildren. He has been a Congressman from Texas for the past 20 years. He is known as "Dr. No" by his colleagues because of his consistency in voting only for Constitutional legislation. Lobbyists don't even bother to knock on his office door, knowing that he cannot be bought. Most importantly, he is principled, honest, and loves America.

Please check his website at www.ronpaul2008.com.

Read about his stance on the issues at www.ronpaullibrary.org.

katao
09-19-2007, 11:12 PM
believes there should be 50 different definitions of marriage in the U.S.

This may be his biggest stumbling block in accepting RP, but I do think that RP could win him over if they met.

wgadget
09-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Isn't Dobson on the West Coast? He just missed him...

ForLibertyFight
09-19-2007, 11:30 PM
no chance at all

RP4ME
09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
JD is on Colorado - tehy want the fed govt to regulate gay marriage etc - as long as it lines upi with his issues and he is prob. big on proetcting israel which trumps all....

trispear
09-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Um, haven't you guys read the email in the OP?

"Isn't Thompson the candidate who is opposed to a Constitutional amendment to protect marriage, believes there should be 50 different definitions of marriage in the U.S.
This is also what RP believes and further than that he believes that government should not have any intervention in marriage period.

These views are completely opposing.

Hook
09-20-2007, 12:13 AM
JD is on Colorado - tehy want the fed govt to regulate gay marriage etc - as long as it lines upi with his issues and he is prob. big on proetcting israel which trumps all....

Yeah, because God certainly isn't up the task. We are far more effective at protecting Israel than God could ever be.

wgadget
09-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Your points are well taken; however, the poor man is quickly running out of options. Huckleberry is soft on immigration, and I doubt Dobson will go for that, especially since it's probably one of the biggest issues facing the country.

How do we line up a meeting between RP and JD?

Phenom24
09-20-2007, 08:05 PM
KEEP WRITING. I used the word "implore". I said that as much as Christians (around July 4th and Memorial Day) fall all over themselves regarding the greatness and Godliness of the Founding Fathers, that all Dr. Paul is trying to do is follow in their footsteps. I asked Dr. D to have him on his show, just so folks can learn that he is a patriot, cut from the same cloth as the Founders.

And I almost forgot - I emphasized that if Christians (who are VERY motivated voters) would see Dr. P in that light, as a patriot, that he could DEFINITELY BEAT HILLARY. All Dr. P would have to do in a debate against her would be to say "Ma'am, 70% of the US disagrees with the war in Iraq. Did you vote 'Aye' or 'Nay'?"

(imagines Ron in the Presidential Debate)

"My fellow Americans, I voted against the War in Iraq. I love our military. I served in the military. I voted against the Iraq War because the foundation for every one of my votes is on this document, (holds up Constitution) that men fought and died for to create! I want a strong military, but I don't want to send husbands, wives and children all around the world fighting wars that can't be won, or fighting under a UN flag and not their own. A vote for me is a vote for your husbands, wives and children to come home with their pride. I will shake every last one of their hands as they get off the plane. Hillary sent them, but I will bring them home."

The crowd would ERUPT.

RP4ME
09-20-2007, 08:12 PM
Yeah, because God certainly isn't up the task. We are far more effective at protecting Israel than God could ever be.

Right and so I am not sure he would endorse Paul - for some evangelicals Israel is THE most important issue - which is crazy and we need to get in her bizness and defend her completely.... of course b/c We are NOT Isreal! On the flip side Paul wants to overturn RvW. so that could trump a gay marriage ban!
I think there is a shot here - Paul would just have to clarify why he belives as he does....
He despertaely needs to reach out to the evangelical leaders - Huckster woudl never be more than a VP anyway...

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't see him endorsing Paul, but you never know. Our good doctor sure would need to sit down with him and talk with him about why his positions are like they are. We might be surprised at Dobson's response. It never hurts to try.

ScotTX
09-20-2007, 08:49 PM
He and his radical Christian fundimentalists would never endorse Ron Paul for precisely the reasons stated above. Ron Paul would not let the church intervene in such cival matters as marriage so they don't like him. Don't waste your time with them. Luckily, they are a rapidly shrinking, widely divided base.

Phenom24
09-20-2007, 08:53 PM
He and his radical Christian fundimentalists would never endorse Ron Paul for precisely the reasons stated above. Ron Paul would not let the church intervene in such cival matters as marriage so they don't like him. Don't waste your time with them. Luckily, they are a rapidly shrinking, widely divided base.

I'm one of those "radical Christian fundamentalists" of which you speak. Go to church several times a week, read my Bible, listen to sermons on the way to work.. What I'm saying is, if people in churches would focus more on the WAY Dr. Paul votes (he's not against the troops - he's FOR THE CONSTITUTION) they might catch a glimpse as many others have. Slowly but surely, people in my little "fundie" church are coming around, so no offense, but I'm not giving up on them yet.

;)

gracemonger
09-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Send Dobson a link ot this site.
http://www.christiansforronpaul.com

Under the endosre tab he can read many Christian endorsements for Ron Paul.
Also, encourage him to watch the video under media "Champion of the Constitution"

wgadget
09-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Or maybe even the Chuck Baldwin article about RP being the only choice for Conservative Christians....Yeah, I'll go do that right now.

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin394.htm

Okay, I just sent him another email asking him to interview RP with the above article attached.

sunghoko
09-20-2007, 10:48 PM
the second Gingrich decides to run, Dobson will jump on the bandwagon but I'm guessing it's huckabee for now. I think if huckabee somehow drops down the line, Paul will eventually get the nod.

wgadget
09-20-2007, 11:04 PM
Gingrich? He's the adulterer who was unfaithful to his dying wife...?

RP4ME
09-20-2007, 11:08 PM
yeah but after that he had Newt on his show so he couldconfess....it i got the impression dobson "forgave" him - its seemed showy to me, like dobson had to do this in order to save face with his base to continue his support of fig newt - but it all seemed shady...

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Haven't read the thread, but a story comes to mind.

Easy there, Lennie.

Sean
09-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Ron Paul would not let the church intervene in such cival matters as marriage so they don't like him.

I think you have that backwards. Ron Paul doesn't want the government intervening in religious matters such as marriage. Ron Paul has said that marriage is a religious function and should not require any sort of licenses. Only way government should interfer is if there is a legal contract signed between the parties. I would imagine if there are children involved then each state would make the laws on what happens in disputes between parents.