PDA

View Full Version : Obama's mask slips during Chrysler Talks

AuH20
05-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Imagine if there was a objective 4th estate in this country?

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-allegations-of-white-house-threats-over-chysler-2009-5

The sources, who represent creditors to Chrysler, say they were taken aback by the hardball tactics that the Obama administration employed to cajole them into acquiescing to plans to restructure Chrysler. One person described the administration as the most shocking "end justifies the means" group they have ever encountered. Another characterized Obama was "the most dangerous smooth talker on the planet- and I knew Kissinger." Both were voters for Obama in the last election.

One participant in negotiations said that the administration's tactic was to present what one described as a "madman theory of the presidency" in which the President is someone to be feared because he was willing to do anything to get his way. The person said this threat was taken very seriously by his firm.

hillertexas
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Your link is bad...I think you meant this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/new-allegations-of-white-house-threats-over-chysler-2009-5

dannno
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Wow nice find.

Standing Like A Rock
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM
"When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson

acptulsa
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM
So, can anyone find how Fiat laundered the money they gave Obama for this?

Feenix566
05-05-2009, 01:30 PM
I guess the lesson here is, don't lend money to American businesses. You may end up having to choose between never getting it back or becoming one of Obama's political enemies.

OptionsTrader
05-05-2009, 01:59 PM
I guess the lesson here is, don't lend money to American businesses. You may end up having to choose between never getting it back or becoming one of Obama's political enemies.

The impact this kind of disregard for contract law is going to CRIPLE the corporate bond market. CRIPLE it. In a time in which US corporate taxes on global sales will be skyrocketing, interest rates will be rising because the Fed is the only major buyer of US Treasuries, rising rates plus extremely difficult debt sales to the bond market and you have a recipe for a DEPRESSION.

These fascists in DC think they can get something for nothing and keep this ship together with threats and deficit spending for long enough for the economy to rebound, but they are in for a rude awakening when neither companies nor the government will be able to borrow.

A revolution is brewing folks. People's lives are going to get mighty uncomfortable and they will not be able to ignore the economic and societal changes that are coming.

AuH20
05-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Anyone else ready for the revolution? When do the games finally stop?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/05/news/companies/chrysler_loans/index.htm

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Chrysler LLC will not repay U.S. taxpayers more than $7 billion in bailout money it received earlier this year and as part of its bankruptcy filing.

This revelation was buried within Chrysler's bankruptcy filings last week and confirmed by the Obama administration Tuesday. The filings included a list of business assumptions from one of the company's key financial advisors in the bankruptcy case.

LATruth
05-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Anyone else ready for the revolution? When do the games finally stop?

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/05/news/companies/chrysler_loans/index.htm

So, they take 7 billion and a few weeks later go into bankruptcy and wipe all debts including the 7 billion? wow

I think it's time to break out the toys.

AuH20
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
So, they take 7 billion and a few weeks later go into bankruptcy and wipe all debts including the 7 billion? wow

Its obvious they longer respect nor fear the people any longer. Something must be done.

LATruth
05-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Its obvious they longer respect nor fear the people any longer. Something must be done.

We are one step away from being neutered.

angelatc
05-06-2009, 02:02 PM

If I recall correctly, even Congress said "NO!" to the auto bailouts. This lies entirely on President Bush, who decided to give them TARP money after that happened.

AuH20
05-06-2009, 02:11 PM
We are one step away from being neutered.

But we hold the power of the ballot box! And we can peacefullly demonstrate! :D:mad:;)

They must sit back in their smoke-filled rooms and laugh at us.

ourlongroad
05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Hmmmm, I'm not so quick to believe this story, even though the story is very believable.

In times like these I always try to remind myself of a little saying, that goes something like....

"They can't rule 300 million people by force, but they might be able to rule 300 million through the threat of force"

With that saying in mind, I wonder if this story is not more of a fear tactic than an accurate depiction. They want us to be scared of them, to do what they say or be concerned about political retaliation. In order to do this, they need to push this story line hard, and I'm left wondering if that is the real purpose of this article.

LATruth
05-06-2009, 03:37 PM
With weapons like Raytheons Microwave pulse gun (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-482560/Run-away-ray-gun-coming--We-test-US-armys-new-secret-weapon.html)

YouTube - Microwave Weapons ( Raytheon Style ) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKlKhMbK468)

And sound weapons... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_range_acoustic_device)

And star wars style laser rifles and truck mounted blasters... (http://www.atk.com/customer_solutions_missionsystems/cs_ms_w_fp_pep.asp)

I'd say we are outgunned.

LATruth
05-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Yeah this site is NUTS. http://www.atk.com/Customer_Solutions_MissionSystems/cs_ms_w_default.asp

http://www.atk.com/images_pagephotos/photo219.jpg

Individual Airburst Weapon System (IAWS)

The IAWS is a next-generation, semi-automatic weapon designed for effectiveness against enemies protected by walls, dug into foxholes, or hidden in hard-to-reach places.

The IAWS provides the soldier with a 300% to 500% increase in hit probability to defeat point, area, and defilade targets out to 500 meters. The weapon features revolutionary high-explosive, airburst ammunition programmed by the weapon's target acquisition/fire control system.

The IAWS integrates ballistics computation in the full-solution Target Acquisition/Fire Control (TA/FC) system. The soldier places the aim point on target and activates the laser rangefinder. The fire control system provides an adjusted aim point. The soldier places the adjusted aim point on target and pulls the trigger. Target information is communicated to the chambered 25mm round. As the round speeds down range, it measures the distance traveled and bursts precisely at the preprogrammed distance.

The IAWS precisely delivers airbursting munitions in all conditions. It is five times more lethal at the M203 maximum range and continues to provide lethality well beyond the M203's maximum ability. The system is designed for optimum performance at 300 meters but will perform to 500 meters and beyond. It includes five different types of ammunition:

* Thermobaric
* Flechette
* Training
* High-explosive airbursting
* Non-Lethal

http://www.atk.com/images_pagephotos/photo292.jpg

High-Speed Strike Weapon (HSSW)
ATK is developing the scramjet engine for the Hypersonic High-Speed Strike Weapon (HSSW) in response to the Department of Defense’s need for a rapid strike weapon.

The design for the HSSW uses ATK’s solid rocket motor capabilities to boost the weapon to Mach 4, where the scramjet engine kicks in to accelerate to speeds approaching Mach 5. The HSSW can be launched from bombers, fighter jets, submarines, and surface ships.

ATK is the world leader in the development of hypervelocity and air-breathing propulsion systems. In 2004, the X-43 hypersonic flight vehicle built by ATK for NASA set the world speed record for air-breathing powered flight at Mach 10 or nearly 7,000 miles per hour. ATK is also designing and developing scramjet propulsion engines for the X-51 Robust Scramjet program, a U.S. Air Force initiative to advance the state of the art for liquid hydrocarbon and hydrogen-fueled scramjet propulsion systems.

devil21
05-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Im sure Cerberus investors are quite pleased that they get to pocket up to $8 billion in taxpayer money before they file for bankruptcy. Only the company has to liquidate or restructure. They get to keep the cash. Theft on a grand scale.

silverhawks
05-06-2009, 07:09 PM
The thing about the "amazing" weapons that come out of the plethora of military contractors working for the US government is this: they are a VERY expensive way to waste a lot of taxpayer's money making something that does the same job as one cheap bullet.

For example, regarding the LRAD sonic weapon:

Carl Gruenler, (former) vice president of military and government operations for American Technology Corp. (and who now runs a company making a competing device), says that being within 100 yards (90 m) of the device is extremely painful, but its use should be limited to 300 yards (270 m) to be effectively used. He concedes that the device is powerful enough to cause permanent auditory damage, but that it is only meant to be used for a few seconds at a time.

300 yards. All I have to say to that is "Appleseed".

roho76
05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
I thought government debt didn't get wiped out by bankruptcy? So it's only for huge corporations now? My arse hurts.

angelatc
05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I thought government debt didn't get wiped out by bankruptcy? So it's only for huge corporations now? My arse hurts.

It's only the debts of the little people - student loans and taxes. This money didn't go to investors. It went to the unions, and it will go to Pbama's relection coffers. I wish I could leave the country. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad watching this from afar.

ourlongroad
05-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I'd say we are outgunned.
They can't win a military style war against this population, and they know that. Anyway, the social controls works so well who needs weapons anyway?

Cowlesy
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Im sure Cerberus investors are quite pleased that they get to pocket up to $8 billion in taxpayer money before they file for bankruptcy. Only the company has to liquidate or restructure. They get to keep the cash. Theft on a grand scale.

Cerberus had an equity investment which is now worth zero. They also had some second lien debt, which Obama is asking them to write-off I believe.

If Cerberus doesn't fight Obama in court, they're breaching their fiduciary responsibility to their investors, and should no longer manage money.

At this point, Cerberus' investment return is 0%. They're not getting a dime, but maybe some nickels on that tranche of debt if they fight in bankruptcy court.

Don't demonize the wrong guys here.

acptulsa
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
If Cerberus doesn't fight Obama in court, they're breaching their fiduciary responsibility to their investors, and should no longer manage money.

You certainly do have a point. But in my mind, they breached their fiduciary responsibility to their investors the moment they took Chrysler over--not so much because it was in the shape it was in, but because they had no plan to revive it, no one fit to run it (Robert Nardelli the Butcher of Home Depot?!! :rolleyes:) and no particular interest in doing anything for it. Therefore, their takeover was patently irresponsible in and of itself as it ensured that their investment would not be enhanced one iota.

devil21
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Cerberus had an equity investment which is now worth zero. They also had some second lien debt, which Obama is asking them to write-off I believe.

At this point, Cerberus' investment return is 0%. They're not getting a dime, but maybe some nickels on that tranche of debt if they fight in bankruptcy court.

That may be true but what I don't get, and doesn't "jive" with the whole Chrysler deal, is that Cerberus owns numerous profitable businesses. THeir portfolio is quite successful. So why would Cerberus need gov't money in the first place to keep afloat a failing business while they are already running profitable businesses? Why wasn't Cerberus' money being injected into Chrysler instead of yours and mine? If you look at it that way, Cerberus profited by simply being able to pocket the money they would have had to spend to keep Chrysler alive. To me thats the same thing as them pocketing the taxpayer's "loan" money. Cerberus never lost a dime and even now is getting the big chunk of money to keep Chrysler operating during bankruptcy. Cerberus HAS money. Why isn't it being used?

acptulsa
05-08-2009, 07:12 AM
It isn't about building. It's about stealing. Don't you read Dilbert?

s35wf
05-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Cerberus HAS money. Why isn't it being used?

traditional business motive operandi "OPM" other peoples money

acptulsa
05-08-2009, 10:28 AM
traditional business motive operandi "OPM" other peoples money

This really isn't the American tradition. This is the Morgan tradition, yes. And it has spread.

No wonder this nation is headed down the crapper. We so desperately need to get back to our fundamentals.