PDA

View Full Version : GOP/Limbaugh floundering?

ravedown
05-05-2009, 10:28 AM
just wondering if anyone else noticed Limbaugh and the like seem unfocused and a little desperate lately? its as if they can't decide if they should be defending the relevance of the GOP or attacking Obama. Perhaps he sees the writing on the wall? I haven't heard him pull out the Reagan card this much in a long time. Any predictions on what they'll try next?

acptulsa
05-05-2009, 10:37 AM
They're already trying to sink their lifeboat--namely us. After that? They'll probably try to outrun the people with pitchforks and make it to Dubai.

phill4paul
05-05-2009, 10:48 AM
They're already trying to sink their lifeboat--namely us. After that? They'll probably try to outrun the people with pitchforks and make it to Dubai.

LOL, kinda like the swimmer that panics and drags down his rescuer.:p:D

heavenlyboy34
05-05-2009, 12:10 PM
just wondering if anyone else noticed Limbaugh and the like seem unfocused and a little desperate lately? its as if they can't decide if they should be defending the relevance of the GOP or attacking Obama. Perhaps he sees the writing on the wall? I haven't heard him pull out the Reagan card this much in a long time. Any predictions on what they'll try next?

The next step will be to find a new way to discredit RP/the freedom movement. They are confused now because the public has more to focus on than their false dialectic. If they eliminate those of us who are genuinely interested in individual liberty, they will be able to go back to "herding the sheeple" in their usual Orwellian manner.

I can imagine Rush playing highly edited recordings of RP speeches. :p:mad:

ClayTrainor
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Let's hijack the party back.

www.rgop.org :cool:

heavenlyboy34
05-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Let's hijack the party back.

www.rgop.org (http://www.rgop.org) :cool:

:rolleyes: Nah. Individualism FTW. :cool:

ClayTrainor
05-05-2009, 12:25 PM
:rolleyes: Nah. Individualism FTW. :cool:

Obviously, we need individualists to unite under common goals or we have no shot.

Good luck winning this thing all by yourself, you principled individualist, you :rolleyes: :p

Liberty Star
05-05-2009, 01:27 PM
You just noticing now? LOL

This flounder has been in the works since GOP lined up behind Bush/Cheney on immensly costly march to Iraqi blunder, every thing was propped up since then and was doomed to fall. They have no political or moral capital left quite deservedly and their fall is completely earned.

ravedown
05-05-2009, 01:38 PM
You just noticing now? LOL

im noticing it among friends and family that were until now die hard GOP talk radio faithful who are all and i mean all suddenly questioning the party position and really feel abandoned, the same people that are now catching on to Glen Beck and turning their back on the Hannities and Levins. I think Limbaugh is smart enough to feel the turning tide and so he's dragging out the Reagan-logic to remind those disanfranchised repubs to stay loyal-when he starts parroting RP talking points (which if I remember was partly how he gained popularity in the early 90's and has abandoned since ) then i'll know he's against the ropes.

heavenlyboy34
05-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Obviously, we need individualists to unite under common goals or we have no shot.

Good luck winning this thing all by yourself, you principled individualist, you :rolleyes: :p

I don't consider your ideal of retaining the state and simply changing to a different party/boss "winning". :p Nice fallacious logic there. :rolleyes: You'll note that to the extent that we have common goals, I do help out wherever I can. :) btw, have you yet read The Individualist Manifesto (http://www.localgroup.net/virus/individualist/) ?

Athan
05-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Well I mean who fucking believes those hypocrites anymore. They were given FULL confidence and look at the shit pile we are in.

heavenlyboy34
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Well I mean who fucking believes those hypocrites anymore. They were given FULL confidence and look at the shit pile we are in.

Sadly, far too many people trust them. :(:p:mad: It's mass MADNESS, I tell you! :eek:

braumstr
05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
I would not be too surprised to see Limbaugh hijack RPs message.........

I think that the GOP is setting Limbaugh up as a straw man that the new "leader" will take down. I don't know yet who that will be. But if they set it up like this they take out the Libertarian wing and set up their new candidate at the same time.

Maybe not...but thats what I think. Anyhow, I wouldnt touch him or anything faux news is involved with with a 90' pole.