PDA

View Full Version : How does bundling work?

Corydoras
09-19-2007, 10:47 PM
OK, so there was that Norman Hsu Hillary Clinton scandal. And I know that Dubya had a lot of bundlers. And we're moving into a more mature phase of the campaign, and campaigns run on cash like armies run on food. So I'm asking: How does this bundling thing work?

Me, I'm reclusive... but I'm curious. And we have a lot of political newbies in the Ron Paul movement and if it turns out that someone reads how to do this and realizes they can be a bundler, all to the good.

So I mean, if I got other people to donate, how would the campaign know I was associated with these donations?

And how would I be able to confirm that my associates actually followed through and donated? Would I actually collect their checks and mail them in to the campaign in a bundle?

And is the word "bundling" used only about people who can get others to donate $2300/$4600? What about people who can assemble a lot of others to donate small sums?

And how the heck do bundlers induce other people to donate? They can't say, "Donate or you'll lose your job," can they? Do they say, "If you're my friend, you'll do this"? It's clear that bundlers generally don't get true believers. So why do people donate through a bundler?

How does this work?

foofighter20x
09-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Wikipedia answers all. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_finance_in_the_United_States#Bundling) :)