PDA

View Full Version : Uh-oh for Fred Thompson...Dobson won't endorse!

wgadget
09-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Found this over at the hannity forum:

:
Dobson Says He Won't Support Thompson
By ERIC GORSKI –

DENVER (AP) — James Dobson, one of the nation's most politically influential evangelical Christians, made it clear in a message to friends this week he will not support Republican presidential hopeful Fred Thompson.

In a private e-mail obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press, Dobson accuses the former Tennessee senator and actor of being weak on the campaign trail and wrong on issues dear to social conservatives.

"Isn't Thompson the candidate who is opposed to a Constitutional amendment to protect marriage, believes there should be 50 different definitions of marriage in the U.S., favors McCain-Feingold, won't talk at all about what he believes, and can't speak his way out of a paper bag on the campaign trail?" Dobson wrote.

"He has no passion, no zeal, and no apparent 'want to.' And yet he is apparently the Great Hope that burns in the breasts of many conservative Christians? Well, not for me, my brothers. Not for me!"

The founder and chairman of Colorado Springs-based Focus on the Family, Dobson draws a radio audience in the millions, many of whom who first came to trust the child psychologist for his conservative Christian advice on child-rearing.
LINK TO FULL AP ARTICLE

This is not going according to Fred's plan...

ctb619
09-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Who does he plan to support? Huckabee?

wgadget
09-19-2007, 10:54 PM
I think we ought to send him over to the new improved Ron Paul website.

Maybe we can bomb him with enthusiastic emails...

McDermit
09-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Sounds like he won't be supporting a candidate who believes in State's Rights..

wgadget
09-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Maybe he can get past that one little issue. He's gonna have a hard time getting past Huckleberry's soft illegal immigration stance.

wgadget
09-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Here's an online form from Focus on the Family to submit a question/comment:

http://family.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/f...&p_lva=141 90

james1906
09-19-2007, 11:15 PM
Maybe he can get past that one little issue. He's gonna have a hard time getting past Huckleberry's soft illegal immigration stance.

Then Tancredo could be the choice. Dobson is one of the voices of the "Values Voters" hypocrites. He thinks Evangelicals are oppressed when they aren't allowed to oppress others. He has the group mentality RP warns us about.

wgadget
09-19-2007, 11:18 PM
God can do miracles...no?

:D

Hook
09-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Yeah, Dobson is getting a bit out there politically. Since he is for making gambling, drugs, pictures he finds offensive, and homosexuality illegal, I don't think he will be endorsing Dr. Paul anytime soon.

wgadget
09-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Ya know....I used to think that way, and I sometimes hang in circles that still do...They need to be enlightened. Taking Ron Paul's ideas to heart is a spiritual awakening, which leads to respect and tolerance for people who may be "different" from you. I believe it's a blessing God has given to Ron Paul, and it really shows his leadership qualities.

These people just need to come around. Ron did a good job at the VV debate, but let's keep after them.

Matt Collins
09-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Here are some news articles:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/09/19/AR2007091902603.html
and
http://wkrn.com/nashville/news/christian-leader-james-dobson-will-not-support-thompson/119094.htm