PDA

View Full Version : Is Jeff Cherry's blog Satire?

RonPaulFanInGA
05-05-2009, 08:25 AM
http://cherryforcongress.blogspot.com/2009/04/tea-party-thoughts.html

My wife, son, and I decided to attend the Tea Party at Clear Lake Park in Nassau Bay with the intention of showing solidarity with fellow Republicans. There were many people in the crowd I’m sure who like us, feel as though Republicans represent a rational, logical choice that opposes big government and can provide reasonable and realistic alternatives. To our chagrin, a large part of the crowd represented the dissenters who not only oppose the democratic agenda but the Republican platform that most claim to be a part of. We were in all reality met with a libertarian rally of secessionists with rebel flags, anarchists who exalt the cry of, “Who is John Galt”; and the Campaign for Liberty shirts and homemade signs claiming they are bearers of the Constitutional truths. Speaker after speaker railed against the federal government using a rhetoric that was bordering on inciting rebellion until the grand master of all libertarian rhetoric Ron Paul responded to the crowd with chants of, “end the Fed and bring back the Gold Standard”. We’d had enough by this point.

WTF????

acptulsa
05-05-2009, 08:26 AM
Unfortunately not. Just genuine disingenuousness.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=191293

Jeremy
05-05-2009, 09:07 AM
Lol, so he's trying to win as a Republican by dissing the tea parties?

He Who Pawns
05-05-2009, 09:14 AM
LMAO, like I keep saying, this guy's entire run against Dr Paul seems to be some kind of farce. But who knows. There are a lot of lame people out there.

werdd
05-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Hes definately got a chip on his shoulder about RP. Probably the only reason he is running.

Hamer
05-05-2009, 09:48 AM
No it is not satire this is exactly how this guy thinks.

The fact is though that most republicans suck too not just democrats

sluggo
05-05-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't think Cherry is smart enough for satire.

acptulsa
05-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Hes definately got a chip on his shoulder about RP. Probably the only reason he is running.

Doubtful. I think opposing Ron Paul in the primary has become a lucrative business. Keeps us donating to his campaign when our money is most needed elsewhere.

Paulitical Correctness
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
is his entire campaign based on 'lolih8ronpaul'?