PDA

View Full Version : [Reason.TV] "Barack Obama and the DC School Voucher Program"

Knightskye
05-05-2009, 12:06 AM
YouTube - Barack Obama & the DC School Voucher Program (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7FS5B-CynM)

$18 billion for automaker bailouts are okay.

$18 million for education vouchers are not.

By the way, how many jobs did the auto bailout save? Because keeping the voucher program going would keep 1,700 kids in school.

It might even keep them voting Democrat...

blocks
05-05-2009, 04:39 AM
I simply cannot understand this at all...You pay half the money you normally would per student to send them to a private school that has the incentives of success that competition in the open market provides...and you say no? IT FREAKING SAVES money to send kids to school that actually SUCCEED and you say no?

It's obscene to me...Where are the bleeding heart liberals on this? My guess is they stopped after the word "private" came up.

coyote_sprit
05-05-2009, 06:28 AM
You reap what you sow. Not all change is necessarily good change.

Knightskye
05-11-2009, 02:01 AM
I simply cannot understand this at all...You pay half the money you normally would per student to send them to a private school that has the incentives of success that competition in the open market provides...and you say no? IT FREAKING SAVES money to send kids to school that actually SUCCEED and you say no?

It's obscene to me...Where are the bleeding heart liberals on this? My guess is they stopped after the word "private" came up.

"Those darned GOP rednecks want to homeschool their brats and brainwash them."

jmlfod87
05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Obama doesn't want poor people going to the same school as his little girls.

Knightskye
05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Obama doesn't want poor people going to the same school as his little girls.

Or other private schools in the area, for that matter. ;)