PDA

View Full Version : Any of Pat Buchanan's books worth reading?

DeadheadForPaul
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Haven't really checked out his works though I have a general idea of what he'll say

0zzy
05-05-2009, 02:13 AM
I've only read Day of Reckoning, which is pretty good I'd say. If you don't mind the immigration-stuff.

LibertyEagle
05-05-2009, 02:27 AM
Churchhill, Hitler, and the Unnecessary War
http://www.amazon.com/Churchill-Hitler-Unnecessary-War-Britain/dp/030740515X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241501258&sr=1-1

I thought it was great!

I loved this one too.

I've wanted to read others, but haven't yet. So many books, so little time. :)

http://patbuchananbooks.com/

tajitj
05-05-2009, 03:10 AM
Read State of Emergency, where he takes on immigration.

I started really liking Pat when he had his show "Buchanan and Press" during the day on MSNBC. He never toed the party line about the war.

I love watching him nowdays give some young idiot blogger, MSNBC brings on, a history lesson.

Conza88
05-05-2009, 03:46 AM
Not as worthy as anything being sold by the Mises Institute...

literatim
05-05-2009, 04:02 AM
Death of the West
State of Emergency

LibertyEagle
05-05-2009, 05:52 AM
Not as worthy as anything being sold by the Mises Institute...
Which of Buchanan's books have you read?

Conza88
05-05-2009, 06:45 AM
Which of Buchanan's books have you read?

None. :o

Primarily because I don't want to conserve the State as I've read books that actually address the issue and destroy the fallacies behind it.

But Pat is a good guy and I have no doubt they have value... just probably: "Not as worthy as anything being sold by the Mises Institute..." for the reason I stipulated above.

Another reason is they aren't available on the internet for free in pdf's, so you can see the content before buying. (Unlike some other institute books on a certain subject that only require a click of a button and you get access to the text) Why should I buy and read a book that will only deprive me of getting another book that I know doesn't have logical fallacies / premises contained within it? Unless someone would like to buy one for me to read? lol.

Which books on Anarcho-Capitalism have you read? Any author will do.

This is off-topic, Conza, so if you want to discuss this further, please take it to another thread. But, as I've told you before, I've read a couple of Rothbard's books. Amongst others from Mises.

You asked the question. I was answering it. If you didn't want an answer, then you shouldn't have asked a question. I know you've read a couple of Rothbard's books, and Mises - and as you ALWAYS do - you never state which ones. And I think we both know why. ;) It's not exactly a hard question.. c'mon now - intellectual honesty. :)

LibertyEagle
05-05-2009, 06:48 AM
This is off-topic, Conza, so if you want to discuss this further, please take it to another thread. But, as I've told you before, I've read a couple of Rothbard's books. Amongst others from Mises.