PDA

View Full Version : The CIA's Fight With Obama

Bradley in DC
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2009/05/05/the_cias_fight_with_obama_96333.html

May 5, 2009
The CIA's Fight With Obama
By Jack Kelly
Has Barack Obama made an enemy who can sabotage his presidency?

The presidency of George W. Bush began to unravel when some in high positions at the Central Intelligence Agency began waging a covert campaign against him.

It began in the summer of 2003 when officials at the CIA asked the Justice department to open a criminal investigation into who had disclosed to columnist Robert Novak that Valerie Plame, wife of controversial former diplomat Joseph Wilson, worked at the CIA.

The officials knew at the time the Intelligence Identities Protection Act did not apply to Ms. Plame, who'd been out of the field for more than five years.

Another blow was struck with the publication in 2004 of the book "Imperial Hubris" by Michael Scheuer, who'd headed the bin Laden desk during the Clinton administration. It was harshly critical of the Bush administration's conduct of the war on terror in general, and the invasion of Iraq in particular.

Never before had a serving officer been allowed to publish such a book. . .

There may have been a simpler motive. The novelist Charles McCarry was a deep cover CIA operative for ten years. "I never met a stupid person in the agency," he said in a 2004 interview. "Or an assassin. Or a Republican."

The CIA's war against President Bush was motivated by ass covering, or by political partisanship. But with President Obama, it's personal. . .

Other Western intelligence services regard the Obama administration with contempt and rising concern, an officer of the DGSE, France's military intelligence agency, told my friend Jack Wheeler (the real life Indiana
Jones) last week.

"All of us in our little community are worried -- us, our friends in Berlin, London, Tel Aviv," the DGSE officer told Jack. "It is not like the barbarians at the gates. It is every barbarian horde in the world being told there are no gates."

LATruth
05-04-2009, 09:27 PM
You know its time to abolish an intelligence organization if they get worried when a President gets elected. if I were president and sensed an ounce of dissention from the intelligence agencies the head of said organization would roll. Correction, the entire upper echelon would be on the curb.

max
05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
You know its time to abolish an intelligence organization if they get worried when a President gets elected. if I were president and sensed an ounce of dissention from the intelligence agencies the head of said organization would roll. Correction, the entire upper echelon would be on the curb.

JFK was about to do just that