PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck, Penn Jillette Video

RestoreTheRepublic
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
YouTube - Glenn Beck and Penn Jillette on MIAC report (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSohi9pocc8)

I know many on this forum have reservations about Glenn, but he is dead on here with Penn. I think it's hilarious when Glenn puts on the Don't Tread on Me shirt because the MIAC Report said people who use those bumper stickers are potential state problems. :D

silverhawks
05-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't suppose that anyone else thinks that Beck is going to IMMEDIATELY turn off Democrats from listening to this with that "Obama, I mean Osama is my guy" slip?

I've put a finger on what I don't like about Beck. More often than not, the FACTS are dead on - its the presentation of those facts that I have problems with.

What Beck (and I think this extends to the neo-cons) is doing is bringing these issues out into the open in order to politicise them, and make them SEEM "right-wing", when they are issues that should concern every single American. Hence the Tea Parties being infiltrated by neo-con speakers, who even though they were booed off stage are referenced by the liberal media; then the whole movement gets tarred with the racist/neo-con extremist brush, becoming an object of ridicule.

Remember we are working between two colluding sides here, who act out of mutual interest.

Mark my words - that clip is going to be all over Democrat forums, and more than likely, the liberal media; along with messages of outrage.

Now every time those Democratic voters (at least, the ones who may have been swayed over to constitutional values through reasonable debate) who see the Gadsden flag out there in the Tea Parties will be reminded of is Glenn Beck associating "their guy" with terrorism, not a symbol of American freedom. Especially the ones who don't know their American history.

heavenlyboy34
05-04-2009, 04:14 PM
He dismissed the NWO threat as "crazy"!!! WTF?! :eek::confused:

heavenlyboy34
05-04-2009, 04:15 PM
You're exactly right! :D Manufactured dialectics is a bitch! :p

I don't suppose that anyone else thinks that Beck is going to IMMEDIATELY turn off Democrats from listening to this with that "Obama, I mean Osama is my guy" slip?

I've put a finger on what I don't like about Beck. More often than not, the FACTS are dead on - its the presentation of those facts that I have problems with.

What Beck (and I think this extends to the neo-cons) is doing is bringing these issues out into the open in order to politicise them, and make them SEEM "right-wing", when they are issues that should concern every single American. Hence the Tea Parties being infiltrated by neo-con speakers, who even though they were booed off stage are referenced by the liberal media; then the whole movement gets tarred with the racist/neo-con extremist brush, becoming an object of ridicule.

Remember we are working between two colluding sides here, who act out of mutual interest.

Mark my words - that clip is going to be all over Democrat forums, and more than likely, the liberal media; along with messages of outrage.

Now every time those Democratic voters (at least, the ones who may have been swayed over to constitutional values through reasonable debate) who see the Gadsden flag out there in the Tea Parties will be reminded of is Glenn Beck associating "their guy" with terrorism, not a symbol of American freedom. Especially the ones who don't know their American history.

silverhawks
05-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Beck is the Benedict Arnold of the 21st Century.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Is there any chance Penn would run for Governor of Nevada?