PDA

View Full Version : Beck is a damn moron

Young Paleocon
05-04-2009, 03:01 PM
Beck Thread :)

Just got done saying how he's fine with government planned spending of 1 trillion dollars as long as we know what it's spent on like a "Manhattan Project." Where we create clean energy and export it or some shit. He has no fucking clue what he's talking about......He can be right sometimes, but he dilutes the message and contradicts himself on every turn. So god help us if he is the face that is attached to libertarianism because he's just like a goddamn right-wing keynesian.

heavenlyboy34
05-04-2009, 03:10 PM

Just got done saying how he's fine with government planned spending of 1 trillion dollars as long as we know what it's spent on like a "Manhattan Project." Where we create clean energy and export it or some shit. He has no fucking clue what he's talking about......He can be right sometimes, but he dilutes the message and contradicts himself on every turn. So god help us if he is the face that is attached to libertarianism because he's just like a goddamn right-wing keynesian.

Good thing I don't have any emotional attachment to him. Same old MSM bullshit! :p

Objectivist
05-04-2009, 03:15 PM
I didn't take it that way, he's pointing out the better of two roads. IF the government is in the business of spending our money(instead of us spending it) then we should have a program that develops our resources to the fullest. Everyone is using technology in the realm of nuclear power that we aren't allowed to develop. We(gov) spent 300 million in a year on researching Fusion Energy, we spent double that in gasoline in one day. Do you understand the potential for Fusion power? Now that's a Moon Shot.

brandon
05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Leave glenn alone!!!!!!

/chris crocker

dr. hfn
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
glenn is a tool in our toolbox to be used by us.

Objectivist
05-04-2009, 03:18 PM
How did a moron get you to tune in to his program?

brandon
05-04-2009, 03:19 PM
Morons can be pretty damn entertaining sometimes. They do the darndest things. Ever watch one try to tie their shoe?

Cowlesy
05-04-2009, 03:20 PM
He's good with some stuff, but rides the failboat with other stuff.

The only way I could ever tolerate (yes, I hate that word) gov spending in clean energy is if it could eliminate our need for arab oil, and by doing so, we could withdraw troops/aid spending in the middle east for good.

Let them sell their oil and assorted troubles to someone else.

winston_blade
05-04-2009, 03:21 PM
I didn't take it that way, he's pointing out the better of two roads. IF the government is in the business of spending our money(instead of us spending it) then we should have a program that develops our resources to the fullest. Everyone is using technology in the realm of nuclear power that we aren't allowed to develop. We(gov) spent 300 million in a year on researching Fusion Energy, we spent double that in gasoline in one day. Do you understand the potential for Fusion power? Now that's a Moon Shot.

But there are three roads.

Young Paleocon
05-04-2009, 03:22 PM

No....there is no "well if they're going to do it, they should..." argument. Don't do it. Don't tax, don't take. Because what they do is going to be irrelevant because it will misallocate the resources to what market forces would have done with them. Classic example of what Bastiat talks about in "What is Seen and What is not Seen." Aside from the moral aspect with which the government attains the money from the people, government spending, no matter how the money is spent, will not be indicative of market forces, and will be peddled out for political favors and along arbitrary rationale.

Objectivist
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
But there are three roads.

Either the government spends our money or we do, take your pick.

gls
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM

So god help us if he is the face that is attached to libertarianism

Unfortunately it's too late in my experience. I won't bother relating the anecdotes but he’s managed to hoodwink several FNC-watching associates of mine.

MikeStanart
05-04-2009, 03:26 PM
At first I got really mad because I thought you said:

"mormon"

Then I laughed at myself and enrolled in a 4th grade reading class.

Young Paleocon
05-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Either the government spends our money or we do, take your pick.

Beck was saying that government should spend money in a different way. Winston is saying that rather than discuss the two ways government should spend the money, don't tax/borrow/print and spend it in the first place i.e. the third way.

heavenlyboy34
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
He's good with some stuff, but rides the failboat with other stuff.

The only way I could ever tolerate (yes, I hate that word) gov spending in clean energy is if it could eliminate our need for arab oil, and by doing so, we could withdraw troops/aid spending in the middle east for good.

But, but, that would grow the state and increase tyranny! :eek: OH NOEZ! FAIL AGAIN!:(

ctiger2
05-04-2009, 04:07 PM
IMHO Beck is a NWO shill.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Wow, this OP sux.

I agree with Beck. If we're gonna blow a trillion dollars, why not spend it on a Manhattan style project to get off of foreign oil? That's a national security issue. As Michael Scheuer often points out, our foreign policy in the middle east will NEVER change as long as we are dependent on foreign oil.

Plus, whatever technology comes out of the project, the patents will be awarded to American companies or institutions.

JasonC
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Beck also had on that Spanish Professor with the stat about losing 2 or so jobs for every one green job created in Spain. There was a thread on that a month or so ago. maybe more.

I swear Beck gets his show ideas from this forum.

BenIsForRon
05-04-2009, 04:12 PM
Wow, I think I just walked into a freaking Dennis Kucinich what is your favorite gov program thread.

Young Paleocon
05-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Wow, this OP sux.

I agree with Beck. If we're gonna blow a trillion dollars, why not spend it on a Manhattan style project to get off of foreign oil? That's a national security issue. As Michael Scheuer often points out, our foreign policy in the middle east will NEVER change as long as we are dependent on foreign oil.

Plus, whatever technology comes out of the project, the patents will be awarded to American companies or institutions.

How the hell can you have an Austrian as your avatar?

paulim
05-04-2009, 04:31 PM
How the hell can you have an Austrian as your avatar?

haha. youre right, some are really funny here. First, bitching about fascism all the day, and then: OK maybe a little bit... if I look nice with it and we destroy the market for the evil muslims.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 04:37 PM
I said, if you HAVE TO spend the money anyway. i mean, would you rather it just go to welfare and union payouts? those do ZERO to increase productivity or change foreign policy.

pay attention, youngster!

speciallyblend
05-04-2009, 04:47 PM
glenn is a tool in our toolbox to be used by us.

a rusty tool;) yeah mentioning beck in a conversation is no way to win people over to the ron paul republicans. we are no longer battling the failed gop leaders or neo-cons. we are battling a rotten bag of food and trying to sell folks rotten food. people do not like rotten food( aka gop)..

the brandname and what folks view as a conservative republican and what they view the gop as is the problem!!

now if we could just run ron paul republicans without relating it to the gop! then we would be a step ahead!!

Young Paleocon
05-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I said, if you HAVE TO spend the money anyway. i mean, would you rather it just go to welfare and union payouts? those do ZERO to increase productivity or change foreign policy.

pay attention, youngster!

Youngster? How about just say no....There is no "HAVE TO", because government investment isn't indicative of market forces and government spending is done by taking money out of an economy. So you're going to take money out of the private economy to pay political favors to companies such as GE, or allocate the funds in an extremely wasteful and arbitrary way. Ethanol anyone. So no matter how you slice it, government spending is a fuck up and hurts markets. It's called profit motive, oldster.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 05:44 PM
So no matter how you slice it, government spending is a fuck up and hurts markets.

So we shouldn't spend money on an army, for example? :confused:

LibertyEagle
05-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Wow, I think I just walked into a freaking Dennis Kucinich what is your favorite gov program thread.

lolol

heavenlyboy34
05-04-2009, 06:12 PM
So we shouldn't spend money on an army, for example? :confused:

No. Private militias and defense comps FTW! :cool::D:)

hotbrownsauce
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
This forum sometimes....

angelatc
05-04-2009, 08:27 PM

The problem with letting the gov develop a one-size-fits-all solution is that it means we'll only be replacing the oil barons with the fusion barons.

Oyate
05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
NEOCONS ARE NOT CONSERVATIVES.

http://www.restoretherepublicradio.com/Glenn_Beck_doesnt_speak_for_the_patriot_Constituti onalist_movement/