PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Sen. Arlen Specter Awakens To Severed Donkey Head In Bed

Bradley in DC
05-04-2009, 02:30 PM
Gotta love The Onion :D

angelatc
05-04-2009, 02:45 PM

Hmmmm - what's missing in this post? :)

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Comedy is one of the most effective means of delivering propaganda, for people disarm themselves. This headline is intended to make the public believe that their government is under severe attack from thugs and no longer in control. Laugh all you want, but this was intentionally created to perpetrated fear and a false meme.

tangent4ronpaul
05-04-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm reminded of a story I found several years ago - don't remember where, but it's funny...

Here's my Heather Alexander 'March of Cambreadth' story....

Heather was the toast-mistress for the Ohio Valley Filk Fest in '95.
Well, since the hotel hadn't paid attention to the conventions booking
instructions, they placed a section of non-attendees in the rooms over
the performing space. Since OVFF doesn't usually get warmed up until
after midnight this caused some 'issues'.

Hotel security came through and shut down the performance area and we
all just drifted out to the lobby of the hotel since it was 'public
space' and the hotel night manager started getting a little nervous
with the rabble and called on some of Columbus, Ohio's finest to
restore the peace. Well, two officer's walked through the hotel's
front door and into the italian marble festooned lobby just as Heather
was really hitting the chorus for 'March'. Better than fifty people
yelling 'How many of them can we make die?' probably was not what they
were used to hearing on a noise disturbance call.

Anyways the con chairman showed the cops the contract....24 hours
access to the hotels public spaces... and the officers informed the
hotel manager that we were not in violation of any ordinances and left
(with smiles on their faces).

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Here are the lyrics, in case you are interested:

March of Cambreadth, The
music & lyrics: Heather Alexander

Axes flash, broadsword swing,
Shining armour's piercing ring
Horses run with polished shield,
Fight Those Bastards till They Yield
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
How Many of Them Can We Make Die!

Follow orders as you're told,
Make Their Yellow Blood Run Cold
Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane
Let not one damn cur pass by,

Guard your women and children well,
Send These Bastards Back to Hell
We'll teach them the ways of war,
They Won't Come Here Any More
Use your shield and use your head,
Fight till Every One is Dead
Raise the flag up to the sky,

Dawn has broke, the time has come,
Move Your Feet to a Marching Drum
We'll win the war and pay the toll,
We'll Fight as One in Heart and Soul
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,

REPEAT FIRST VERSE

and if you didn't know - filk is a type of music that is a mix of folk music and science fiction/fantasy

-t

ps: gotta link to that onion story?

nate895
05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Comedy is one of the most effective means of delivering propaganda, for people disarm themselves. This headline is intended to make the public believe that their government is under severe attack from thugs and no longer in control. Laugh all you want, but this was intentionally created to perpetrated fear and a false meme.

Satire is the highest form of dissent. You will never get anybody on your side if you are stuck up asshole who can't laugh.

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Satire is the highest form of dissent. You will never get anybody on your side if you are stuck up asshole who can't laugh.
And you find this kind of sick humor funny?

This is propaganda intended to desensitize the public from these types of headlines, that's its purpose. The comedy is a superficial disguise for people who are consciously unable to decipher its intent, but it works perfectly on the subconscious level.

You're being socially engineered, and you think its just light hearted comedy. Unbelievable.

nate895
05-04-2009, 04:00 PM

This is propaganda intended to desensitize the public from these types of headlines, that's its purpose. The comedy is a superficial disguise for people who are consciously unable to decipher its intent, but it works perfectly on the subconscious level.

You're being socially engineered, and you think its just light hearted comedy. Unbelievable.

Have you ever heard of an "allusion?" This piece is alluding to the Godfather scene with the Horse's head and "making an offer he can't refuse." If anything, it is saying that this might be what is going on, why they do stupid shit all the time. Not everything is a plot to take over the whole God damn world, you know.

dannno
05-04-2009, 04:07 PM

A severed donkey head?? "Sick" humor??? Reallyyy?????

Bradley in DC
05-04-2009, 04:46 PM

Just for laughs, what's your take on this one?

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film

tangent4ronpaul
05-04-2009, 05:13 PM

HELL YES!. And if you aren't careful, I might just post some stuff from a '60's era radical satire rag called "Horseshit Magazine"...

This stuff is pretty tame!

-t

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Have you ever heard of an "allusion?" This piece is alluding to the Godfather scene with the Horse's head and "making an offer he can't refuse." If anything, it is saying that this might be what is going on, why they do stupid shit all the time. Not everything is a plot to take over the whole God damn world, you know.
This is propaganda and psychological warfare. One cannot deny this. There are multiple interpretations, and it would be naive to ignore this interpretation.

But you are correct, "not everything is a plot to take over the whole God damn world," yet, psychological warfare is alive and well and all around you. And to deny that there are not forces out there that are attempting to engineer society is utterly ignorant.

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 05:41 PM
HELL YES!. And if you aren't careful, I might just post some stuff from a '60's era radical satire rag called "Horseshit Magazine"...

This stuff is pretty tame!

-t
Go for it!

:)

nate895
05-04-2009, 06:38 PM
This is propaganda and psychological warfare. One cannot deny this. There are multiple interpretations, and it would be naive to ignore this interpretation.

But you are correct, "not everything is a plot to take over the whole God damn world," yet, psychological warfare is alive and well and all around you. And to deny that there are not forces out there that are attempting to engineer society is utterly ignorant.

"One cannot deny this." I just did. One cannot prove your assertion either.

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Just for laughs, what's your take on this one?

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film
Well, first its just a promo for the film that opens this Thursday to generate awareness of the film... no biggie.

Second, until I see the film, I really don't have much to go on, as I'm certain the film is very well "messaged". So any comments I make here are very preliminary at best.

Next, it's also clear that this skit is mocking the old generation Trekkies, the fans of the original TV show. That, may or may not be significant as Trekkies have alway been mocked. On the other hand, this may be significant, as social engineers have been working for decades to drive wedges between generations, so the new Trekkies mocking the old Trekkies only adds to this wedge.

In the skit I notice two sets of comments of significance, they refer to parts in the movie where: they say something like the Star fleet actually sits around a table and negotiates, and they now subtitle the Klingon language so all viewers can understand what is being said. Both of these comments seem to me to be references to political correctness. Combining this message with the generational wedge, it seems as if they are trying to say that the younger generation is political correct while the older generation is not.

Finally, I watched Trailer 3 from the Star Trek web site and picked up on the narrator saying "you have the power to chose your own destiny, just what path will you chose." Combine this with the fact that is appears from the trailer that the younger fleet officer takes over the Capitan's role from the older Captain, and I'd say that this movie is attempting to convince younger generations that they are the new future, that it is up to them to chose the direction they wish to take the world, that their elders are outmoded and outdated.

If I'm calling this out correctly, then this is clearly in alignment with what the social planners are attempting to do, isolate the younger generations so that they can be co-opted and urge them to dismiss older generations as they take the planet in a new direction.

That's my first cut.

eOs
05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
diggingronpaul fails on a daily basis

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 06:48 PM
"One cannot deny this." I just did. One cannot prove your assertion either.
You're right, I also cannot prove F=MA either to someone who does not know how to read or write. Some basic essential tools are required on the receivers part, and until those are obtained, what I say will never be seen.

That's why it's called "Social Engineering," for it's a science developed to deceive the public. It is not mean to be discovered and understood. So, one has to learn the language, learn how to see it. Hence, it requires some level of research, education and effort on the part of those wishing to elevate their understanding.

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 06:49 PM
diggingronpaul fails on a daily basis
Please refrain from personal attacks, they are not welcome nor necessary here.

nate895
05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
You're right, I also cannot prove F=MA either to someone who does not know how to read or write. Some basic essential tools are required on the receivers part, and until those are obtained, what I say will never be seen.

That's why it's called "Social Engineering," for it's a science developed to deceive the public. It is not mean to be discovered and understood. So, one has to learn the language, learn how to see it. Hence, it requires some level of research, education and effort on the part of those wishing to elevate their understanding.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k93/chrishorgen/Funnay/facepalm.jpg

Because I just can't get over the stupidity of that statement:

http://blog.scs.sk.ca/tado/vschools/fail.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Go for it!

:)

OK, from Volume 3 of Horseshit magazine:

Selections from the chaplains handbook

Suggested talk to enlisted man who wants to marry native girl:

Son, if god wanted whites and gooks to mix...

Form Letter to parents of airman who has contracted venereal disease:

Dear Mr and Mrs ________________

I recently had a heart to heart talk with your son _________ , about a social disease that he has contracted from indigenous personnel. I don't suppose __________ has mentioned this matter in his letters home, but as his spiritual counselor I feel obliged to reassure you that he has promised that there will be no reoccurrence of the occasion which has brought him so much grief. I know the anguish that you must feel when you contemplate the fact of your sons transgressions against the law of God and the resulting failure of his duty to the Air Force but we must remember that he is young and hope he learns from this sad experience. I can assure you that ____________ is receiving the best of medical treatment and there will probably not be any permanent effects. In your letters to him, remember, be kind ....

Some illustrations from the same issue:

Join the Navy, See the World, Or what's left of it... (pic of earth with a section of it being blow out...)

Join the Army, Learn a trade, Butchering (pic of a baby scuwered on a bayonet)

Buy Bonds, Burn a baby (pic of baby on fire)

Vol one has a cover of a guy in uniform, with lots of ribbons, holding a M-16 and holding up a baby - presumably recently shot, by the feet...

This mag was advertised and sold to the right wing... You can find used copies, as I did via used.abebooks.com - there is apparently also a book out. I only have 4 copies, not sure how many there are.

-t

LibertyEagle
05-04-2009, 07:06 PM
Please report posts that do not follow the forum guidelines, these include:

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ No promoting of campaign tactics or other activity that grossly counter the morals or ethics of Dr. Paul.

Source: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Thanks!

tangent4ronpaul
05-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Please report posts that do not follow the forum guidelines, these include:

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ No promoting of campaign tactics or other activity that grossly counter the morals or ethics of Dr. Paul.

Source: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Thanks!

I know my last post was totally UN-PC, but was there something you had a problem with?

Not quit sure if you have a problem with me or some other post?

thanks,

-t

Andrew-Austin
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM

Diggronpaul is right, you have all just been mind fucked by the New World Order by reading this "satire". Your being desensitized to the vicious act of decapitating a donkey and using the bloody head to intimidate political rivals, soon all of you will think nothing of such acts because your brains are being engineered by publications like The Onion.

Luckily I was wearing a special helmet which shields me from such psychological assaults:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5383/tinfoiler.jpg (http://img9.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tinfoiler.jpg)

BenIsForRon
05-04-2009, 07:17 PM
That sucks that the moderator is siding with diggronpaul on this. Guys like him really are poisoning this forum with their paranoid fantasies. Is anybody with me on this?

EDIT: Actually, I'm starting think some of these guys just might be trolls, taking the conspiracy nut thing to the extreme just to fuck with us.

nate895
05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
That sucks that the moderator is siding with diggronpaul on this. Guys like him really are poisoning this forum with their paranoid fantasies. Is anybody with me on this?

I am pretty radical, and I think that kind of thinking is just nuts. There is no factual basis for the assertion that The Onion is in a worldwide conspiracy to control our emotions towards political events.

Andrew-Austin
05-04-2009, 07:20 PM

EDIT: Actually, I'm starting think some of these guys just might be trolls, taking the conspiracy nut thing to the extreme just to fuck with us.

I was just thinking that as well. Buts its also likely he is just that paranoid, and fear has caused him to ridiculously overestimate our enemies. I've been there, at least to some degree.

The Onion article is quite amusing, its just the idea of politicians resorting to mobster like stunts over something so petty.

Athan
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM

Dude... the godfather. Its like... famous.

Republican party = Mafia

How does one not get this joke?

kathy88
05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
I'll bet Colbert has dude hiding under his bed.

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I've relocated this post on Propaganda Study to a new thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2110382).

kathy88
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I'm beginning to resent being indirectly called stupid for disagreeing with you. The ONION is SATIRE. You know, MAD magazine, National Lampoon, Saturday Night Live....

Have you ever SEEN the Godfather?

You're kinda preachin' to the choir here about MSM bias and control, you really are.

LibertyEagle
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM

I'm not "siding" with anyone. The forum guidelines apply to EVERYONE.

LibertyEagle
05-04-2009, 08:36 PM
diggronpaul,

Please keep this thread on-topic. If you want to pursue the propaganda angle, you'll need to start a new thread.

Thanks.

LibertyEagle
05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
I know my last post was totally UN-PC, but was there something you had a problem with?

Not quit sure if you have a problem with me or some other post?

thanks,

-t

Nah, wasn't you, tangent. It's just the way the posts fell. Sorry if it was confusing. :o

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm beginning to resent being indirectly called stupid for disagreeing with you. The ONION is SATIRE. You know, MAD magazine, National Lampoon, Saturday Night Live....

Have you ever SEEN the Godfather?

You're kinda preachin' to the choir here about MSM bias and control, you really are.
Please cite specifics before accusing me of the following........."I'm beginning to resent being indirectly called stupid"

kathy88
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Numerous people have entered this thread basically saying, dude, you're off the mark here. You respond by repeating the same points already made. We don't disagree the MSM is biased and controls peoples thoughts, politics, reactions, etc..... I'd say that's a general consensus. Your inability to accept the fact that some of us really don't believe the onion is owned and operated by the Bilderbergs leads me to believe you think we are uneducated or WORSE victims of MSM brainwashing who must be saved. It's really pretty creepy.

diggronpaul
05-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Numerous people have entered this thread basically saying, dude, you're off the mark here. You respond by repeating the same points already made. We don't disagree the MSM is biased and controls peoples thoughts, politics, reactions, etc..... I'd say that's a general consensus. Your inability to accept the fact that some of us really don't believe the onion is owned and operated by the Bilderbergs leads me to believe you think we are uneducated or WORSE victims of MSM brainwashing who must be saved. It's really pretty creepy.
I have never mentioned the Bilderbergs, those are your words not mine. That organization is irrelevant to the discussion here.

Further, I have not made any comments about The Onion ownership or its general objectives. Again, these are your supposition not mine.

Additionally, I have made not comments regarding anyone's general education level. However, I have referred to the need to have specific knowledge in the area of propaganda techniques in order to effective see and understand the propaganda. I stand by that assessment.

Moreover, it is I and my opinions that are being attacked and mocked in this thread, not vice versa.

Finally, I added another interpretation to the headline, an interpretation that no one else addressed and therefore it adds value to the inventory of thought and discussion. I'm more than a little miffed as to why one person's opinion, who's opinion is based upon years of study in this area, is the subject of so much attention and ridicule here.

Overall, it seems to me no one here get the esoteric meaning, other than to outrightly dismiss any insight other than the exoteric comedy directed at the lowest common denominator.

Bradley in DC
05-04-2009, 09:05 PM
I have never mentioned the Bilderbergs, those are your words not mine. That organization is irrelevant to the discussion here.

Further, I have not made any comments about The Onion ownership or its general objectives. Again, these are your supposition not mine.

Additionally, I have made not comments regarding anyone's general education level. However, I have referred to the need to have specific knowledge in the area of propaganda techniques in order to effective see and understand the propaganda. I stand by that assessment.

Moreover, it is I and my opinions that are being attacked and mocked in this thread, not vice versa.

Finally, I added another interpretation to the headline, an interpretation that no one else addressed and therefore it adds value to the inventory of thought and discussion. I'm more than a little miffed as to why one person's opinion, who's opinion is based upon years of study in this area, is the subject of so much attention and ridicule here.

Overall, it seems to me no one here get the esoteric meaning, other than to outrightly dismiss any insight other than the exoteric comedy directed at the lowest common denominator.

Digg,

You've made your point (repeatedly). Most of us think you should lighten up. It's my thread. I started it because I thought some fellow RPFs friends would get a chuckle out of it.

Since you've made your point, I'm asking you to just let it go or start your own thread. Your posts, IMHO, violate the forum rules of highjacking the thread.