PDA

View Full Version : Organizing the Kokesh Money Bomb for July 6th?

ClayTrainor
05-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Okay, so I made the suggestion that July 4th would be a good day to have the money bomb for Kokesh, due to it being independence day, but someone made me aware that a National Holiday is a terrible day to collect political donations.

It makes sense. I imagine a lot of people will be out with their families, drinking beers and celebrating, while watching the fireworks, instead of sitting on their computers donating to a congressional candidate.

Can anyone think of any other good days for a money bomb?

Someone suggested something about the First American dollar being created on July 6th, or something like that. That could be a workable theme.

We gotta get a Website up, with a theme and a clear day, asap.

June 1st, didn't give us enough time to build momentum, July 4th is a national holiday, and July 6th is something that just came to my attention but i actually don't have much information on it.

Anyways, what do you guys think? What would be an Ideal day for an Adam Kokesh money bomb?

MRoCkEd
05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
i'm in for whenever..
(your title says JUNE 6th)

Kludge
05-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Five days won't make too much of a difference.

Anyway, this isn't the end-all be-all moneybomb-to-end-all-moneybombs... It's the "Yo, Mr. Kokesh, please accept our offering as a symbol of our present and future dedication, and good luck to yuh :)" moneybomb.

July 1st was chosen because it is the day Kokesh's new exploratory committee website will be launching.

ClayTrainor
05-04-2009, 12:23 PM
i'm in for whenever..
(your title says JUNE 6th)

whoops!

I meant July 6th, please edit mods!

Anyway, this isn't the end-all be-all moneybomb-to-end-all-moneybombs... It's the "Yo, Mr. Kokesh, please accept our offering as a symbol of our present and future dedication, and good luck to yuh :)" moneybomb.

The MLK money bomb wasn't an "end all be all" one either, but it still worked.

If this money-bomb is big enough, it could potentially make Adam the presumptive nominee, almost instantly. The record for a Congressional candidate to raise in Adam's district is apparently around $150,000. Imagine, if we could beat that in one day? Do we have it in us?

July 1st was chosen because it is the day Kokesh's new exploratory committee website will be launching.

They initially planned on June 1st, not July 1st, right? But yea, i still think having some sort of theme, is a crucial marketing tactic. Do you disagree? Any suggestions?

Kludge
05-04-2009, 12:30 PM
They initially planned on June 1st, not July 1st, right?

Whoops :o