PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul in College Curriculum!

MikeStanart
05-04-2009, 11:45 AM
http://www.coursesmart.com/images/0077253051/0077253051_s.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Analyzing-Moral-Issues-Judith-Boss/dp/0073386634

I am currently taking a Contemporary Moral Issues class to compliment my Political Science degree.

They have Ron Paul's 2003 speech "Conscription: The Terrible Price of War" that he addressed to the House of Representatives.

I was extatic to find this little gem in my book because the article in question was from 2003, and the book wasn't made until early 2007. Nice to see Paul infiltrate some College Curriculum before he even made his big splash into mainstream. :D

Oh, and this is at Texas A&M University.

Kotin
05-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Sweeet

AJ Antimony
05-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I once saw a friend's econ textbook... almost made me throw up...

It first starts its chapter on monetary policy by explaining how bad fiat money can be. Then of course the entire chapter is pro-Keynesian inflation and deflation. THEN I notice on the book's front cover it has a picture of the Golden Eagle.

*nausea*

RCA
05-04-2009, 12:55 PM
This made my day!

anaconda
05-04-2009, 01:08 PM
They should offer a three semester sequence: Ron Paul 101, 201, and the capstone course, 301.

MikeStanart
05-04-2009, 01:16 PM
They should offer a three semester sequence: Ron Paul 101, 201, and the capstone course, 301.

I totally would take those even if it made me exceed my hours!

haaaylee
05-04-2009, 02:45 PM
as an Austinite who is supposed to love UT i think i may just have to switch my love to A&M.

(not that i ever loved UT anyways though..)

nate895
05-04-2009, 02:47 PM
My PoliSci book mentions him as well. He is an example of someone who runs to get their ideas out there according to the text.

A. Havnes
05-04-2009, 04:20 PM
I once saw a friend's econ textbook... almost made me throw up...

It first starts its chapter on monetary policy by explaining how bad fiat money can be. Then of course the entire chapter is pro-Keynesian inflation and deflation. THEN I notice on the book's front cover it has a picture of the Golden Eagle.

*nausea*

I think an economics class I took used that exact book.

0zzy
05-04-2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2003/cr112103.htm
article in question

I wrote an article on conscription once upon a time too,
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=6014

Athan
05-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Seriously I think Ron Paul's writings should be an entire school of thought. I'm going to be working on a private school soon and I don't see anything that isn't usable education wise. I'll be homeschooling my daughter with his material.

tonesforjonesbones
05-04-2009, 09:22 PM
I want a Liberty Home School co op. tones

Dreamofunity
05-04-2009, 11:10 PM
My Ethics teacher mentioned Ron Paul which was kind of random. I forget exactly what we were talking about but then he goes on to mention how there was one candidate out there that while he had some crazy ideas (getting rid of the FBI, CIA, etc. things that people think we need because they've never really looked into it so it sounds crazy), it was good to have that perspective and principled ideas being expressed to differenciate from the mainstream or something to that extent. No one knew who he was talking about so I spoke up and answered his question to who it was. He has recently started to read Ayn Rand, and even did a rant on Keynesian policies. I sent him an email to check out Mises.org and he seemed really interested.

Also recently I have been looking for schools to transfer to once I get my AA, and I found out that the FSU economic department head is actually an Austrian and possibly even an Anarcho-Capitalist. He has some material on Mises as well. My friend that goes there (I'm trying to convert him atm, let him borrow Economics in One Lesson and sent him some beginning lectures from Tom Woods) told me he overheard that most the economics department there leans Austiran. I was thinking about going to UF for philosophy, but when I heard that I think I might change to FSU and double major.