PDA

View Full Version : Is Rand Paul getting ready?

mello
05-04-2009, 09:12 AM
http://www.kentucky.com/471/story/781369.html

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 09:35 AM
YES!!! It would be SO awesome if Rand carries the banner for our movement in 2010!!!!!

He's someone we can all get behind. He will have the full power of our movement behind him.

Plus, having him in the US Senate would be incredibly epic. It's harder to sideline a senator than it is a congressman.

mello
05-04-2009, 09:41 AM
If he does run I pledge to donate $100 to his campaign. Anyone want to match me?

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 09:47 AM
If he does run I pledge to donate $100 to his campaign. Anyone want to match me?

I will max out, for sure.

JamesButabi
05-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Rand Paul, Adam Kokesh, BJ Lawson. How about we win no less than these 3 three seats this year. You think that would get us noticed? CSpan would never be the same.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 09:51 AM
Schiff is the wildcard. He probably won't run, but if he did, it would be huge to have all these great candidates running.

trey4sports
05-04-2009, 10:00 AM
im jonesn for a ron paul congress

RonPaulFanInGA
05-04-2009, 10:18 AM
Schiff is the wildcard. He probably won't run, but if he did, it would be huge to have all these great candidates running.

I'm not sure. More candidates divides the resources more. I'd rather one guy get five million than ten get 500,000.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm not sure. More candidates divides the resources more. I'd rather one guy get five million than ten get 500,000.

Well you make a good point. Rand would be a great candidate to rally around -- really he's perfect.

FSP-Rebel
05-04-2009, 10:57 AM
BJ Lawson did raise a decent amount of dough, but only a Paul can pull in the millions--that's what will be needed to win.

CUnknown
05-04-2009, 11:13 AM
BJ Lawson had the misfortune of running after many of us had already spent their wads on Dr. Paul. Also, the financial crisis had many people worried and reluctant to give. He still raised a decent amount. If we had no other candidate in 2010, I'm sure Lawson would raise tons.

Of course a Paul would raise more!! Go Rand!!!!

winston_blade
05-04-2009, 12:43 PM
BJ Lawson had the misfortune of running after many of us had already spent their wads on Dr. Paul. Also, the financial crisis had many people worried and reluctant to give. He still raised a decent amount. If we had no other candidate in 2010, I'm sure Lawson would raise tons.

Of course a Paul would raise more!! Go Rand!!!!

I think he would do better this time, he just lives in a horrible district for a republican. I would rather see him run for senate in NC. I think he has a better chance of winning that.

Matt Collins
05-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Rand Paul, Adam Kokesh, BJ Lawson. How about we win no less than these 3 three seats this year. There is another big name more than likely.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 02:51 PM
There is another big name more than likely.

Well tell us or keep your mouth zipped.

mello
05-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I'll donate 2300.... anybody want to match me? :p

Check & mate. :)

nate895
05-04-2009, 03:12 PM
The maximum donation will be more than $2,300 after they adjust for inflation.

Edit: The new maximum is $2,400

JamesButabi
05-04-2009, 03:41 PM
There is another big name more than likely.

Elaborate

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll donate 2300.... anybody want to match me? :p

If he does it, I will give a large amount. Before I give $2,400, though, I need to see a good campaign shaping up, that is devised to WIN.

I mean, hell, for $2,400 I could go to Tahiti for a week. :D

Matt Collins
05-04-2009, 04:13 PM
ElaborateI can't; I'm under a NDA and will not go back on my word. Just save up as much money as possible.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 04:17 PM
I can't; I'm under a NDA and will not go back on my word. Just save up as much money as possible.

Then why even tell us? :mad:

Just keep it to yourself if you're under "NDA."

nate895
05-04-2009, 04:30 PM
I can't; I'm under a NDA and will not go back on my word. Just save up as much money as possible.

You're a douchebag.

Rangeley
05-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Its not hard to guess who he is probably talking about.

He Who Pawns
05-04-2009, 06:00 PM

If it's not hard, then tell us.

porcupine
05-05-2009, 12:01 AM
Let's imagine he is getting ready. Let's even say he gets elected. What do you expect to change?

TheTyke
05-05-2009, 05:35 AM
Look at how Ron Paul's influence has grown in the House. I imagine in time Rand would gain that type of influence in the Senate as well. Having a Constitutional voter in the Senate would be a huge asset to our movement, as even the best current ones senators vote with the Constitution like 70% of the time.

In the meantime, running for office is just another way to keep spreading the liberty message, and so Rand has been speaking at universities etc. It's win-win really. :)

RonPaulFanInGA
05-05-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm really intrigued by whomever Matt is talking about. How long is this tease supposed to go on though; when will this guy say something publicly approximately?

Let's imagine he is getting ready. Let's even say he gets elected. What do you expect to change?

The amount of power our political beliefs wields? Getting someone like Rand Paul in the U.S. Senate would be huge. Aside from the presidency, that is the highest federal office we can win.

I guessed Andrew Napolitano, Jesse Ventura and Ron Paul (Governor/Senator) and none were right. Can you share with the class whom you're thinking of, non-Schiff division?

Matt Collins
05-05-2009, 08:05 AM
when will this guy say something publicly approximately?Who said it was a guy? :cool:

RonPaulFanInGA
05-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Who said it was a guy? :cool:

You being serious or just trying to throw me off?

So help me, if this is Cindy Sheehan....:mad: :p

Matt Collins
05-05-2009, 08:09 AM
Let's imagine he is getting ready. Let's even say he gets elected. What do you expect to change?Well a Senator can block stuff a bit more easy than a Representative can.

Matt Collins
05-05-2009, 08:09 AM
So help me, if this is Cindy Sheehan....:mad: :p:eek::eek::eek::eek: Trust me, it's not!

He Who Pawns
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm really intrigued by whomever Matt is talking about. How long is this tease supposed to go on though; when will this guy say something publicly approximately?

Maybe it's the mystery billionaire who was going to save Ron Paul's campaign last year. :rolleyes:

JVParkour
05-05-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm sorry, but Rand Paul needs to get a freaking haircut. In all seriousness, his facial features are fine, alot better than playdough Romney, but Romney has a team that makes him look his best. Ventura is freaky looking, we don't need another freaky looking candidate to make the freedom loving icons look like wackos.

I'm thinking maybe a short, ryan seacrest esque haircut, kinda spiked up or whatever.

Whatever he does, that poofy fro won't cut it.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Maybe it's the mystery billionaire who was going to save Ron Paul's campaign last year. :rolleyes:

I dub Matt: "ghemminger" ;)

He Who Pawns
05-05-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm sorry, but Rand Paul needs to get a freaking haircut. In all seriousness, his facial features are fine, alot better than playdough Romney, but Romney has a team that makes him look his best. Ventura is freaky looking, we don't need another freaky looking candidate to make the freedom loving icons look like wackos.

I'm thinking maybe a short, ryan seacrest esque haircut, kinda spiked up or whatever.

Whatever he does, that poofy fro won't cut it.

His hair was a lot shorter at the tea party speech. But actually, I agree with you 100%. The good old boys in Kentucky are not going to like his poofy hair. Sure, it's a superficial point to make, but politics is incredibly superficial. Why do you think Sarah Failin got the VP slot? Her brains?

Rangeley
05-05-2009, 09:17 AM
If it's not hard, then tell us.
YouTube - judge andrew napolitano on Glenn Beck Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGWomZDPZcs)

Theres other things that point to this, including Matt saying he never heard the Judge "utter any words ever about potentially running for office." If he said he was going to run, its no longer a potential. Of course I could be wrong, but what other big name is there thats left?

He Who Pawns
05-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Oh, well, yes, that would HUGE. Where and for which office would he run?

CUnknown
05-05-2009, 09:40 AM

Change is a slow process, it doesn't happen overnight. The day he gets elected, nothing will change. The day he filabusters Obama's next budget (or similar nightmare bill)--he will make people notice. They'll be talking about him. Every Congressman we add on our side, the better, but a Senator would be an amazing victory. You can't hide Senators, they have too much power. He would make the MSM and he would bring people to our movement.

It's about slowly growing this movement over time. If he gets elected, we get more influence in our government, and not only that, our recruiting gets a huge boost. The more we recruit, the more votes and $$ we have. The more votes and $$, the more Congressmen we can get. It's a self-reinforcing loop! Onward to Victory!!!! :D

eduardo89
05-05-2009, 10:41 AM
The thing with the judge is he wouldnt run as a republican, and he wouldnt win as a third party candidate...I'd love him to run for governor though, it'd be great to have someone in state government that would really stand up to the federal government. Sanford was a good start, but we need someone who will stand up for states rights' all the time!