PDA

View Full Version : Pack it in, it's Over for Rand Paul

RonPaulFanInGA
05-03-2009, 08:53 AM
http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com/2009/05/rand-paul-twitters-shot-at-potential.html

Dondero supports him. :p

Original_Intent
05-03-2009, 08:57 AM
http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com/2009/05/rand-paul-twitters-shot-at-potential.html

LOL. Well played.

Cowlesy
05-03-2009, 09:30 AM
I love the Strawman he throws up that "Ron Paul is not pro-military" --- right, considering he received the highest amounts of military donations in the 2008 primary, and that he believes in a strong national defense.

I still have no idea why anyone cares at all about this Eric Dondero guy. He's a sparrow-fart in a hurricane.

tonesforjonesbones
05-03-2009, 09:48 AM
when will we know if Rand is going to run? We need to get crackin! tones

tonesforjonesbones
05-03-2009, 09:48 AM
I consider filling congress with Ron Paul's more important than the presidency...maybe we should focus on that...tones

angelatc
05-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I love the Strawman he throws up that "Ron Paul is not pro-military" --- right, considering he received the highest amounts of military donations in the 2008 primary, and that he believes in a strong national defense.

I still have no idea why anyone cares at all about this Eric Dondero guy. He's a sparrow-fart in a hurricane.

He is very adept at hanging out all over the internet, that's for sure.

Matt Collins
05-03-2009, 10:20 AM
when will we know if Rand is going to run? We need to get crackin! tonesRand said he will run when Senator Bunning is not running.

Matt Collins
05-03-2009, 10:21 AM
http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com/2009/05/rand-paul-twitters-shot-at-potential.html (http://libertarianrepublican.blogspot.com/2009/05/rand-paul-twitters-shot-at-potential.html)

The comments on that blog are VERY interesting.

anaconda
05-03-2009, 12:36 PM

It's a point worth mentioning. Because I think Ron Paul would have had more support if he talked about having a brutally powerful military, with the caveat that he would keep it strong and viable by not wasting it on corporate based foreign intervention. But rather, a super bad ass defensive military always capable of quick and lethal strikes if necessary. Ron Paul may have been perceived as weak on this. He never really clearly distinguished between a powerful military for defense, and one for intervention. I think that made a few people nervous. RP talked a great deal during the campaign about how much money we would save by ceasing our empire aspirations, but he never painted a picture about what an RP administration military would, or could, look like. He missed a great opportunity to spin a relationship between pacifism and a new military that would provide us with even greater safety.

Andrew-Austin
05-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Rand said he will run when Senator Bunning is not running.

If Bunning disfavors Rand, then he will just stall for as long as possible in order to help his opponent. Someone more powerful could even put Bunning up to it.

Rand should not wait too long.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-03-2009, 12:44 PM
If Bunning disfavors Rand, then he will just stall for as long as possible.

I agree.

I personally think Rand Paul needs to pick a date and draw a firm line in the sand and say: "if Bunning doesn't officially announce he'll run in 2010 or retire by this date; I'm running regardless."

rp08orbust
05-03-2009, 12:46 PM
I agree.

I personally think Rand Paul needs to pick a date and draw a firm line in the sand and say: "if Bunning doesn't officially announce he'll run in 2010 or retire by this date; I'm running regardless."

Yes. I hope he doesn't turn out to have backed himself into a corner with these swipes at Greyson for jumping the gun.

Matt Collins
05-03-2009, 12:56 PM
It's a point worth mentioning. Because I think Ron Paul would have had more support if he talked about having a brutally powerful military, with the caveat that he would keep it strong and viable by not wasting it on corporate based foreign intervention. But rather, a super bad ass defensive military always capable of quick and lethal strikes if necessary. Ron Paul may have been perceived as weak on this. He never really clearly distinguished between a powerful military for defense, and one for intervention. I think that made a few people nervous. RP talked a great deal during the campaign about how much money we would save by ceasing our empire aspirations, but he never painted a picture about what an RP administration military would, or could, look like. He missed a great opportunity to spin a relationship between pacifism and a new military that would provide us with even greater safety.That's because Ron needed a communications director who knew what would play well. His message was perfect, but it needed to be fed to the audience in a specific way. The campaign failed to do that.

OptionsTrader
05-03-2009, 01:10 PM
The thread title is ridiculous.

rp08orbust
05-03-2009, 02:02 PM
The thread title is ridiculous.

That's usually the intent of sarcasm.

Matt Collins
05-03-2009, 02:07 PM
The thread title is ridiculous.You must be new here :p;):cool:

almantimes2
05-03-2009, 03:26 PM
Rand Paul on Foreign Policy
YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul on Foreign Policy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAL0JehpdmM)

Why does rand say this differs from Ron?

Matt Collins
05-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Why does rand say this differs from Ron?The one place Republicans attacked his dad on was they thought he was weak on defense. We know he wasnt but the average voter didn't. Rand is making it a point to communicate that he is NOT weak on defense.

angelatc
05-03-2009, 04:29 PM
What does "US Navy (hon)" mean, exactly?

RonPaulFanInGA
05-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Yes. I hope he doesn't turn out to have backed himself into a corner with these swipes at Greyson for jumping the gun.

That's what I fear right there; that with Paul's comment on Grayson forming a committee before Bunning officially leaves, Rand Paul has painted himself into a corner. He has to hold on now until Bunning leaves or it'll be a pretty good-sized gaffe other campaigns will use against Rand Paul.

With those comments, even though it is pretty obvious Bunning is leaving eventually, Rand Paul made the mistake of leaving his whole campaign (when it starts which effects money and airtime and everything) at the mercy of Jim Bunning.

Roxi
05-04-2009, 05:04 AM
someone should comment on there and say "you dirty rotten traitor, rand could do without your endorsement"

Matt Collins
05-04-2009, 09:16 AM
That's what I fear right there; that with Paul's comment on Grayson forming a committee before Bunning officially leaves, Rand Paul has painted himself into a corner. He has to hold on now until Bunning leaves or it'll be a pretty good-sized gaffe other campaigns will use against Rand Paul.

With those comments, even though it is pretty obvious Bunning is leaving eventually, Rand Paul made the mistake of leaving his whole campaign (when it starts which effects money and airtime and everything) at the mercy of Jim Bunning.Yes ;);););););)

Cowlesy
05-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey if this Eric Dondero guy gives Rand Paul a net-addition of 5-10 voters due to his e-pontifications, then I will give him a big thumbs-up and buy him a Pabst Blue Ribbon if we ever cross paths.

*COUGH* BTW *COUGH* if any guests on the board care to know, the "sparrow-fart in a hurricane" line is attributable to former Senator Alan Simpson of Wyoming.

HOLLYWOOD
05-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Anyone catch the last half hour of C-SPAN's Washington Journal?

They had guest on talking about the Senate race and Jim Bunning status in Kentucky.

JOSEPH GERTH Louisville Courier-Journal's political writer mention in his words, A Handfull of Candidates running for the Republican nominee.

He NEVER mentions Rand Paul.

Then after some high school student questions, the next guest to answer questions was, TAEGAN GODDARD - Political Wire.com Founder

Again, they speak about the Revolution going on in the GOP party and the failures are due to the party straying away from it's principles. WAR, FISCAL spending, Security hawks, and factions et al. There's "No Single Unifying Figure to lead/patch the GOP back together again"

Mr GODDARD then speaks about Bunning and the US Senate race... mentioning the challengers, never mentioning Rand Paul.

Well it appears the MEDIA once again, are forcing the GOP LOSERS to the top. We need to contact these clowns and point out their either, ignorance or direct sabotage.

you can watch the video/archive on Washington Journal.

http://c-span.org/Series/Washington-Journal.aspx

9am – Taegan Goddard, Political Wire.com
9:15am – Beth Reinhard, Miami Herald, Political Reporter
9:30am - Daniela Altimari, Hartford Courant, Staff Writer
9:40am – Joseph Gerth, Louisville Courier-Journal, Political Writer

The MSM are starting early and appear to be a Democratic backed media.

TAECAN GODDARD even stated that Nobel Moron Paul Krugman "Who is an Extreme Critic of the Obama Administration"... OBAMA has reached out to... OBAMA has reached out to appointing REPUBLICANS to positions :rolleyes:

I think y'all get the gist

Feenix566
05-06-2009, 07:48 AM
I consider filling congress with Ron Paul's more important than the presidency...maybe we should focus on that...tones

word. Congress is where the power is.

spotics
05-06-2009, 10:26 AM
jgerth@courier-journal.com

P.S. Not that this is an excuse, but the Courier Journal LEANS LEFT!!!

I expect the corporate owned Courier-Journal, The Lexington Herald-Leader, and The Kentucky Enquirer to be very biased in their coverage.

steined
05-06-2009, 12:02 PM
I expect the corporate owned Courier-Journal, The Lexington Herald-Leader, and The Kentucky Enquirer to be very biased in their coverage.

There may be a closet Libertarian who covers Northern Kentucky politics. He might just get a fair shake up here.

HOLLYWOOD
05-06-2009, 09:16 PM
The majority of Media are probably pro Obama... so of course, the pro BO papers want the weakest missing link GOP RINO to win the republican primary, so when the election comes up in November, the candidate gets trounced by the Democratic rival.

Shades of John "MissTeenSouthCarolina" McCain