PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Seattle?

Minarchy4Sale
05-03-2009, 05:08 AM
I gotta say, Im becoming less and less enamored with the CFL. Im looking at the Seattle Regional Meeting and Im seriously questioning if I should go. First, I get begging letters for money or phone calls every month, second, EVERYTHING at the conference costs extra, what it amounts to is that my 140 bucks is going to pay for a chair for one day to listen to people tell me how to 'grass roots campaign'. Ummmm, Im sorry, but arent these the same people who ran the official campaign? They kinda sucked.

Also, all the events on Friday? extra. Meals? extra (this I understand, but does lunch REALLY need to be $35 and dinner $50?) Sunday is just state meetings, which we can do without renting out the freaking doubletree.

Parking? 50 bucks for the weekend (16 a day)

I dont know about you all, but I don't have 450 bucks just sitting around waiting to throw on a what amounts to one day of political activism training plus 7 hours of schmoozing over two days. It amounts to paying half a grand to show up and get a photo op with Ronnie.

Plus, the judge isnt coming. Ive heard everything Ron has to say, and if what this amounts to is an expensive networking event, Ill save my cash for silver and see these people at the local meetings instead.

Am I missing something here?

nate895
05-03-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm going. I hope to get my book signed finally.

Matt Collins
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Very good points and you are very accurate.

However I can tell you that if you make it cost effective you should definitely go. Ways to do this? Share a room with others. Share a ride with others. Bring your own food.

For those of us who have been around a while the CFL conference is going to be more of a networking venue than anything else. I do agree that if you worked on the campaign, know how to campaign, know what Ron is going to say, etc then the conference may not be worth the full cost. However if you get the cost down by sharing expenses, and use it not really as an educational tool but a networking tool, I think you might begin to see that it could indeed be worth your while. It definitely was for me! :D:D:D:D:D:D