PDA

View Full Version : Please help! Georgia National Fair (400k)! Ideas?

Avalon
09-19-2007, 07:39 PM
If anyone has any ideas for booth setup/decoration, post them here and we'll see what we can do. But that's the least of our worries at this point.

Here's the deal: we here in Macon have rented a booth in the Georgia Fair in Perry for $600. It spans 11 days and they expect 400k in attendance. We really need help manning the booth; there's no way our group can cover it by ourselves. Please PM me if you can help out with:
1. Times you can work
2. Any preferences you might have among these periods you can work or other constraints ("no more than 5 consecutive hours", "I can miss one day of work, just tell me which" etc)
3. Contact info (email or phone if you prefer)

I don't need absolute commitments at this point (unless you can give those) but I do need to flesh out our schedule. I'll piece the schedule together and then individually confirm.

The times are:
Thursday 03-10pm
Friday 12-10
Saturday 10-10
Sunday 10-10
Monday-Friday 12-10
Saturday(13th) 10-10
Sunday 10-9

We'll cover your entry to the fair if you work a full day and likely for a half day (depending on scheduling/need and money raised). Also, if you can't come, consider contributing materials for us to pass out or cash in lieu. Thanks!

Yours in Liberty,

Avalon

General Information
401 Larry Walker Parkway • Exits 134 and 135 at I-75 • Perry, Georgia 31069 • 1-800-987-3247 • 478-987-3247
Fair Hours:
Oct 4th, gates open from 3-10pm; Oct 5th-14th, gates open from 8am-10pm
Gate Admission (with Free Parking):
Adults $8; free re-entry with hand stamp
Children 10 and under free with paying adult
Seniors $7 (60 yrs and up)

wgadget
09-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Just posted this to two Atlanta meetup groups. Good luck!

honkywill
09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
good luck!

my group is doing a similar event in dothan, alabama at the peanut festival!

ours will be 9 days!

ikester8
09-19-2007, 08:00 PM
My wife and I can help on Friday Oct. 5, 12-6 or thereabouts. I've got some trifold brochures but that's about it. Hopefully I'll also have some cool RP Ames-ad posters by then.

Ike Hall

Rivington Essex
09-19-2007, 08:04 PM
Good luck

Avalon
09-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Thanks Mr. Hall! Anyone else? Any ideas/advice?

wgadget
09-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Bring lots of chocolate chip cookies to pass out, wrapped in sets of two with a liberty card, tied up with red and blue ribbons. Ron Paul's addiction.

It's what I'm planning to do for the North GA State Fair Sept 29.

hopeforamerica
09-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Bring lots of chocolate chip cookies to pass out, wrapped in sets of two with a liberty card, tied up with red and blue ribbons. Ron Paul's addiction.

It's what I'm planning to do for the North GA State Fair Sept 29.

Make sure you have a food handler's card. You may get shut down if you don't. Depends on your state regs though.

Avalon
09-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Bring lots of chocolate chip cookies to pass out, wrapped in sets of two with a liberty card, tied up with red and blue ribbons. Ron Paul's addiction. Yeah, unfortunately we can't do that. We can't even sell non-food items or solicit/take donations or give away (bumper) stickers or balloons. Lots of rules at this fair.

We're currently planning on running our own straw poll in which people register to participate/receive results. Then we'll use the contact information gathered to follow up about an interesting local event etc.

Besides that, we plan to have a TV/monitor set up to show Ron Paul videos and we will have RP pencils, slim jims, liberty cards, DVDs and some yard signs to give out.

UCFGavin
09-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah, unfortunately we can't do that. We can't even sell non-food items or solicit/take donations or give away (bumper) stickers or balloons. Lots of rules at this fair.

We're currently planning on running our own straw poll in which people register to participate/receive results. Then we'll use the contact information gathered to follow up about an interesting local event etc.

Besides that, we plan to have a TV/monitor set up to show Ron Paul videos and we will have RP pencils, slim jims, liberty cards, DVDs and some yard signs to give out.

what if you have someone out in the parking lot or something to give out bumper stickers or something?

edit: so if someone is interested, you can send them that way.

ItsTime
09-20-2007, 08:03 PM
K.I.S.S. I think that is what you are doing and that is good! Remember when you are talking to people let them lead the discussion. Listen to them then say things like "really? Ron Paul supports that here is why...." type things.

Can you face paint for free? Thats cheap and easy. Put hearts/peace signs on kids faces or what not.

JoshW
09-28-2007, 11:11 AM
I am going to the fair tomorrow and would like to spend some time helping out. I probably won't be able to offer more than 4 hours or so as I will have my girlfriend with me but am open to whatever times I would be needed the most. My number is 404-312-1101.

Josh Wells