PDA

View Full Version : After "End the FED"?

diggronpaul
05-02-2009, 08:42 PM
What do people here really think will happen after they End the FED?

Has anyone thought about that?

What do you think it will be replaced with?

How will you have any influence, and I mean meaningful influence, over that decision over what replaces it?

Jeremy
05-02-2009, 08:50 PM
It can be replaced with competing currencies. If not, exactly what we did before the Fed.

Imperial
05-03-2009, 12:29 AM
I am fine with not ending the fed myself, if we have competing currencies as well.

Jeremy
05-03-2009, 06:41 AM
I am fine with not ending the fed myself, if we have competing currencies as well.

Then the Fed will go out of business anyway.

diggronpaul
05-03-2009, 07:39 AM
Does everyone here think its just that damn simple.... oh, we'll start printing our own currencies and the big bad international banking syndicate will just go away. Give me a break. Has no one thought this through?

0zzy
05-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Does everyone here think its just that damn simple.... oh, we'll start printing our own currencies and the big bad international banking syndicate will just go away. Give me a break. Has no one thought this through?

I think they are referring to gold standard currencies, in a world were legal tender laws are abolished and the dollar has collapsed.

diggronpaul
05-03-2009, 08:20 AM
I think they are referring to gold standard currencies, in a world were legal tender laws are abolished and the dollar has collapsed.
But if one looks at the GATA material, one learned that Gold is controlled as well, but the same international cartel that control the banks. What then?

RideTheDirt
05-03-2009, 01:20 PM
But if one looks at the GATA material, one learned that Gold is controlled as well, but the same international cartel that control the banks. What then?
you can't print gold.

enjoiskaterguy
05-03-2009, 01:49 PM

you have GOT to be kidding me!?!?!?!?!

enjoiskaterguy
05-03-2009, 02:01 PM

yes...A gold standard was cornered and controlled by the corporatist bankers back in the day and might be today in a sense I'm sure, but think of the amount of gold that is in circulation today compared to say 150 years ago. The chance for the bankers to take full control over gold has diminished. We also have silver that is a great storehouse of value for lawful money and plenty of that is around currently.

We MUST never allow a central bank to "HOLD" our gold/silver/whatever for the people again. Corruption is inevitable.

If you take away the current fractional reserve banking away from those evil money changers we will stop the depreciation of our dollar and our standard of living.

(I do not wish to infringe on idiot banks liberties of supporting fractional reserve banking though. If you wish to go with that bank after we end the fed, THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!)

Imperial
05-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Then the Fed will go out of business anyway[with competing currencies]

Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on consumer perception and if they choose to keep using federal reserve notes. Competing currencies allow the astute to escape the Fed financial hell-hole.

Or crop shares, silver, petrodollars or whatever people accept. But the dollar doesn't have to collapse.

you have GOT to be kidding me!?!?!?!?! [that you don't mind NOT ending the fed]

No, not really. You have GOT to be kidding me you want to!?!?!?!?![couldn't resist]. Ending the fed only puts the currency under the government, who will be probably worse than the federal reserve in manipulating it. Friedman I think had it right with government managed currency, even if bubbles are inevitable. If we make competing currencies that is good, but I fear a stable currency will take a long time to develop- something that would be easier to develop when a collapse came of the dollar.

Not all people here realize that the gold standard, and actually all currencies, have a negative effect. Like with the gold standard, there is an adverse and deflationary effect on primary producers. Similarly, currency always manipulates some group even if it is a medium of exchange. I accept this premise, just as I accept a limited government that ultimately has flaws instead of anarcho-capitalism.

enjoiskaterguy
05-04-2009, 04:50 AM
Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on consumer perception and if they choose to keep using federal reserve notes. Competing currencies allow the astute to escape the Fed financial hell-hole.

Or crop shares, silver, petrodollars or whatever people accept. But the dollar doesn't have to collapse.

No, not really. You have GOT to be kidding me you want to!?!?!?!?![couldn't resist]. Ending the fed only puts the currency under the government, who will be probably worse than the federal reserve in manipulating it. Friedman I think had it right with government managed currency, even if bubbles are inevitable. If we make competing currencies that is good, but I fear a stable currency will take a long time to develop- something that would be easier to develop when a collapse came of the dollar.

Not all people here realize that the gold standard, and actually all currencies, have a negative effect. Like with the gold standard, there is an adverse and deflationary effect on primary producers. Similarly, currency always manipulates some group even if it is a medium of exchange. I accept this premise, just as I accept a limited government that ultimately has flaws instead of anarcho-capitalism.

You do understand that the "current" FED is run by international corporatist scum who are in bed with our government, devaluing our currency daily? The very same people that like the fed are the same ones who want an international Order. They are the same people who propose the North American Union and global monetary control. They support Fractional Reserve/Fiat currencies to drag on endless wars and finance this evil empire. I can't, with what I have learned, agree with you that the Fed needs to stay . I do agree that government control could be worse yes, but it also assumes the idea that "We the people" don't have oversight of our currency after the fact. I would have to argue that having a National Bank or Private Central Bank undermines freedom to the very core. If we allow a few hands to control our money then only a few hands will be able to take that money for their own selfish greed and undermine our prosperity as a nation in the process.

gold with deflation would occur yes, but if you had a gold standard then the cost of living would be lowered drastically and the amount of money needed to be circulated wouldn't be as high. The natural effect of deflation is no more than the lowering of prices...I do understand the occurrence of dangerous deflation though and I am aware of how the implementation of a gold standard could be dangerous...i.e-cornering the market is one way in which I believe there could be room for money manipulation indeed. Competing currencies does seem like the most honest and approachable destination I think too. We shall see what happens.

The monetary debate is a very intriguing one. I would have to say that it could possibly be the most important thing to study besides history.