PDA

View Full Version : CD6 Info...

Michael Landon
05-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Anyone from CD6? This link was provided in another thread on this site and I was curious if anyone else had some updates -

http://goldismoney.info/forums/showpost.php?p=1705210&postcount=4

- ML

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Ya, Fitzsimmons beat Knobloch 136 to 53. We also won the state exec position from that CD.

KenInMontiMN
05-04-2009, 12:38 PM
While I wasn't surprised with the end results there, I was overwhelmed with the magnitude with which non-Paul people last spring and summer are lining up shoulder-to-shoulder with us for real change in directions.

devil21
05-04-2009, 07:33 PM
http://www.sctimes.com/article/20090504/NEWS01/105040056/-1/RSSTOP

BLAINE — Republicans in Minnesota’s 6th Congressional District elected Wright County Party Chairman David Fitzsimmons, a supporter of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul’s presidential campaign last year, to be the district’s new party chairman during the weekend.

Fitzsimmons, a Cokato hog farmer, beat former state Rep. Jim Knoblach, R-St. Cloud, and Sherburne County Republican Paul Vollkammer on the first ballot to win the seat. The meeting and election took place at the National Sports Arena on Saturday.

“On the path to a Republican majority in the Legislature, all our options lead through us picking up seats in this district,” Fitzsimmons said. “We need to leverage our strong Republican districts and work on winning back those districts that are a toss-up or that lean toward the DFL.”

Fitzsimmons became Wright County’s party chairman earlier this year and joined the local party leadership just two years ago, along with the increasing participation of Republicans who supported Paul’s presidential campaign.

He was the congressional district’s coordinator for the Paul campaign, and was an officer in the state Constitution Party earlier in the decade.

Fitzsimmons won 136 votes on the first ballot, compared with 53 for Knoblach and 17 for Vollkammer.

Knoblach, who ran unsuccessfully for the party’s endorsement in the 6th Congressional District race that U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn. ultimately won, said he had good support from Central Minnesota Republicans but did not do as well among Anoka County and Wright County party members.

He said he also believed he was seen as the insider candidate among delegates, because former 6th Congressional District Party Chairman Mark Swanson had asked him to run in his place this year.

“I don’t see myself as the establishment person,” Knoblach said. “But I did think I had a record of experience running campaigns that I would have brought to the table.”

Knoblach noted that the Republican Party five years ago held 26 of 28 seats in the Minnesota House of Representatives based largely in the 6th Congressional District, but has seen that number dwindle to 16 today.

Knoblach, a former chairman of the House Ways and Means committee, headed successful House Republican caucus efforts to take and then hold the majority in elections in 1998 and 2000.

Fitzsimmons said he hopes to expand the party’s coalition by bringing disaffected Republicans, independents, Independence Party, Constitution Party and Libertarian party members into the Republican fold.

Im not in MN, the article just showed up in my Yahoo news alert. Congrats to Davi Fitzsimmons!