PDA

View Full Version : POLL: MoneyBomb for Kokesh?

ronpaulhawaii
05-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Would you help shatter a record, and donate $10 to a MoneyBomb for the Adam Kokesh for Congress Exploratory Committee?

See thread here:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=190992

And thanks for your participation

:)

Nirvikalpa
05-02-2009, 06:38 PM
lets do rand first

RonPaulFanInGA
05-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Would you help shatter a record, and donate $10 to a MoneyBomb for the Adam Kokesh for Congress Exploratory Committee?

He set one up? Is there a website?

Paulitical Correctness
05-02-2009, 06:52 PM
He set one up? Is there a website?

:eek:

My fellow patriots,

Thank you for all you have done to help me in my journey over the past years. It has been an honor to stand shoulder to shoulder with you. Slowly but surely, in our struggle for freedom from authoritarianism, we are making progress. As long as we continue to hang together, we will not hang separately!

After leaving the Marine Corps, I joined the monumental fight to end the occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan, bring our troops home to defend America, and restore a Constitutional foreign policy. Having won the public to our side, it is time we take the fight to the capitol, to the real enemies of the Constitution. Posturing against war while voting to fund it is unacceptable! Tragically, we still have a government that behaves like it owns us, rather than serves us.

Since I was first politically active, people have been encouraging me to run for Congress, including a recent effort to “draft” me to run (draftkokesh.com). We need rallying points to keep our movement invigorated and growing, and if a run for Congress from my home town of Santa Fe can serve as one, I will gladly step up. In that spirit, I am excited to announce the formation of the Kokesh for Congress Exploratory Committee.

While I am asking for your financial support in this effort, I want to make it clear that I am willing to make the personal sacrifices necessary to raise the standard of our national leadership. If elected, I will not accept the Congressional salary of approximately $170,000, but only the national average income. It is unbearable in these difficult times, for Congress to tell the American people what is best for us economically while they vote themselves another pay raise and burden our children with impossible debt. Enough is enough!

There is a temporary website up now at kokeshforcongress.com. Please sign up and donate there as we prepare for the launch of a complete site on June 1st.

It is time once again to draw the line between patriots and loyalists. I am a patriot because I am committed to the ideals of liberty and equality this country is destined to achieve, loyal to no false authority. I know that much more than political resistance is required to achieve a paradigm shift, but we can do no wrong standing up for what we know to be morally right. Regardless of my decision, I remain eternally committed to the cause of liberty.

Love, faith, respect,

Adam Kokesh

RonPaulFanInGA
05-02-2009, 08:12 PM
I wish he'd run as a republican.

Austin
05-02-2009, 08:57 PM
I will donate $20 on the condition that he run as a Republican.

I might do it if he ran as an Independent, but not a Libertarian. Waste of time, IMO.

Imperial
05-03-2009, 12:04 AM
The district cannot be won by Republicans, although they have never won much.

The independent at least in 2008 (who was anti-war) dragged up 13% of the vote. The dem won by 27 points for an OPEN SEAT.

http://washingtonindependent.com/41482/anti-war-libertarian-activist-running-for-congress

Austin
05-03-2009, 12:38 AM

The independent at least in 2008 (who was anti-war) dragged up 13% of the vote. The dem won by 27 points for an OPEN SEAT.

http://washingtonindependent.com/41482/anti-war-libertarian-activist-running-for-congress

Adam points out some interesting facts in his response to that article.

ClayTrainor
05-03-2009, 12:46 AM
Canadians can't donate but, i would put up like $200 for this, if i could.

Kludge
05-03-2009, 02:04 AM

I might do it if he ran as an Independent, but not a Libertarian. Waste of time, IMO.

This.

You can donate through US citizens, but it's hardly legal, and certainly not something we'd ever promote on these forums.

ronpaulhawaii
05-03-2009, 05:58 AM

http://washingtonindependent.com/41482/anti-war-libertarian-activist-running-for-congress (http://washingtonindependent.com/41482/anti-war-libertarian-activist-running-for-congress)

Adam's positions have bi-partisan appeal. I'd like him to run GOP as well. The Dems are taking hits daily...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124079114333557757.html

GO GRASSROOTS!!!

Roxi
05-03-2009, 06:38 AM
digg -- www.digg.com/politics/A_Money_Bomb_For_Kokesh

angelatc
05-03-2009, 07:12 AM

dugg

ClayTrainor
05-03-2009, 07:25 AM

dugg and shouted to my 100 friends.

GunnyFreedom
05-03-2009, 07:40 AM

This. 100% agree.

JamesButabi
05-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Yes I would. I would prefer him to run under a constitutional republican ticket.

nobody's_hero
05-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Do you have any U.S. friends who vote? Kokesh needs exposure by word-of-mouth just as much as he needs campaign money.

Kokesh.blogspot.com is a great place to direct people.

dr. hfn
05-03-2009, 11:20 AM
the Liberty Candiates need to win in 2010!

DirtMcGirt
05-03-2009, 03:07 PM

He should just run as democrat, he can fuck with some peoples minds and possibly win it.

dr. hfn
05-03-2009, 03:33 PM
run as dem then switch to libertarian party!

mczerone
05-03-2009, 04:42 PM
For all the "I wish he would run as as Republican" comments in here:

I wished Ron Paul wasn't a Republican - Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be voting in that Primary, supporting one of them. Not that I was a Democrat or anything, but I never thought a Republican could be anything but a war-mongering prudish authoritarian.

You guys need to stop thinking of people as just part of a group, and support those individuals that really agree with you, whether running as Dem, Repub, LP, CP, Independent, or whatever. Sometimes the political system has created a lack of options in certain districts.

Paulitical Correctness
05-03-2009, 04:52 PM

I wished Ron Paul wasn't a Republican - Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would be voting in that Primary, supporting one of them. Not that I was a Democrat or anything, but I never thought a Republican could be anything but a war-mongering prudish authoritarian.

You guys need to stop thinking of people as just part of a group, and support those individuals that really agree with you, whether running as Dem, Repub, LP, CP, Independent, or whatever. Sometimes the political system has created a lack of options in certain districts.

If he hadn't run Republican none of this would exist. The CFL, the massive money bombs, all of it. Do you think he would've gotten ANY exposure as a libertarian, or independent?

GunnyFreedom
05-03-2009, 04:56 PM
If he hadn't run Republican none of this would exist. The CFL, the massive money bombs, all of it. Do you think he would've gotten ANY exposure as a libertarian, or independent?

if all of this would have worked from the LP; this Revolution would have started when RP ran for President with the LP back in 1988.

Rangeley
05-03-2009, 05:04 PM

This isn't why people want him to run as a Republican. The reason he should run as a Republican is that there would be a much greater chance for success and for efforts to pay off. I don't have a problem casting a protest vote for a third party candidate, but I would much prefer not having to by there being a candidate I can support that has a legitimate shot at winning.

muzzled dogg
05-03-2009, 07:30 PM
lets do rand first

ya

ClayTrainor
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
ya

Nah.

How about we work our asses off for the ones who are 100% willing to run, and we back rand when he makes his decision?

We need to support Adam, like we supported Ron Paul in the primaries!

mczerone
05-03-2009, 08:30 PM
This isn't why people want him to run as a Republican. The reason he should run as a Republican is that there would be a much greater chance for success and for efforts to pay off. I don't have a problem casting a protest vote for a third party candidate, but I would much prefer not having to by there being a candidate I can support that has a legitimate shot at winning.

I get that concern - but at this point why would anyone think the GOP is more viable than the LP?

JamesButabi
05-03-2009, 09:53 PM
I get that concern - but at this point why would anyone think the GOP is more viable than the LP?

Because like it or not, many people will vote strictly for a party no matter whos running.

I personally dont care what party he uses. But there are certainly free votes to be gathered by a major party inclusion.

muzzled dogg
05-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Because like it or not, many people will vote strictly for a party no matter whos running.

or in the case of massachusetts, strictly against a party no matter

Rangeley
05-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Do you really think someone would get more exposure, and more of a chance to make their case as a Libertarian Party candidate, than a Republican Party candidate?

CUnknown
05-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Republicans are damaged goods these days. In a Democratic district, he is better off running as an independent and we should all support his decision. Don't say you're not going to help out a liberty candidate simply because of their party affiliation (or lack of)! That's not very liberty-minded. The decision as to his party is completely up to him. That's more a matter of tactics and should be up to his campaign. As long as he doesn't change his positions, let's support him 100% regardless of party.

ClayTrainor
05-04-2009, 12:21 PM
Is there anyone in here with enough time to develop a Pledge site for the money bomb?

All we need to make is something similar to the November 5th, and Tea party pages. A basic page with some information, some kind of theme, and a box to pledge a donation.

Anyone capable of doing this? The revolution needs you :cool:

PM me, if you can help.

MRoCkEd
05-04-2009, 12:39 PM
I could probably make a video, but I can't start it until this weekend

GunnyFreedom
05-04-2009, 12:44 PM
Republicans are damaged goods these days. In a Democratic district, he is better off running as an independent and we should all support his decision. Don't say you're not going to help out a liberty candidate simply because of their party affiliation (or lack of)! That's not very liberty-minded. The decision as to his party is completely up to him. That's more a matter of tactics and should be up to his campaign. As long as he doesn't change his positions, let's support him 100% regardless of party.

I would LOVE to help him out no matter what party or non-party he ran under; but given that I made less than $5,000 in 2008, I simply don't have the money to fund a purely educational campaign.

ClayTrainor
05-04-2009, 12:48 PM
I could probably make a video, but I can't start it until this weekend

I'm gonna make a video too, but the more the better :cool:

We really should have multiple videos promoting this thing, if we want it to be big.

Rangeley
05-04-2009, 02:37 PM
The republican establishment is damaged goods. A candidate with a clear and appealing message will not be damaged goods just because of their political party.

The point isn't that the republican party is more appealing than the libertarian party to voters, its that the republican candidate will have more exposure and therefore more of a chance to make their case to the voters. The more they can make their case, the better chance they have to win.

So it all falls to the question, does anyone seriously think a candidate would get more exposure as the libertarian nominee, than the republican nominee?

CUnknown
05-04-2009, 04:34 PM
I hadn't watched Kokesh's speech on there yet, but I just did. Man .... wow.... I don't think he'd ever run as either a Dem or a Rep... he is hard core man. He may not win, but holy crap we know he's got the principles. You can't fake that. If you have very limited funds no one would think worse of you for not donating, but I am sure in!!! If he handed me an M-16, I'd follow him to the gates of Hell after that speech. The military was handed a serious loss when he left! What a squad leader that guy must have been. :D

speciallyblend
05-04-2009, 04:51 PM

always can sell you a used snowboard for 200;) then i can make the donation for you;)