PDA

View Full Version : Polling Logic

qednick
05-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Either way you look at it folks, people love Ron Paul. They will try and say his supporters are flooding the polls and the results are not valid or whatever other excuses they come up with. However, I look at it like this:

Scenario #1:
If the other candidates have more supporters than RP does then they are just as likely to flood polls pro rata as RP supporters are.

Scenario #2:
Regardless of the numbers of supporters or how they voted, the polls somehow indicate that RP has more enthusiastic support for his campaign than the others.

Scenario #3:
The final option is... the other candidates have less supporters? ;)

So no matter which way anyone interprets the poll results, RP has good support behind him!! And you don't get that without valid reasons!! :cool:

JoshLowry
05-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Either way you look at it folks, people love Ron Paul. They will try and say his supporters are flooding the polls and the results are not valid or whatever other excuses they come up with. However, I look at it like this:

Scenario #1:
If the other candidates have more supporters than RP does then they are just as likely to flood polls pro rata as RP supporters are.

Scenario #2:
Regardless of the numbers of supporters or how they voted, the polls somehow indicate that RP has more enthusiastic support for his campaign than the others.

Scenario #3:
The final option is... the other candidates have less supporters? ;)

So no matter which way anyone interprets the poll results, RP has good support behind him!! And you don't get that without valid reasons!! :cool:

You're making too much sense, please stop! :p

cujothekitten
05-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Scenario #4: The other candidates have incredibly lazy and apathetic supporters who don't really care about anything. Ignorance probably plays a heavy roll as well.

qednick
05-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Heh, forgot about #4 :rolleyes:

aravoth
05-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Scenario #4: The other candidates have incredibly lazy and apathetic supporters who don't really care about anything. Ignorance probably plays a heavy roll as well.

well you would have to be perpetually high on kabenzie mushrooms if you support any other GOP canidate. Of they are lazy and apathetic, thier whole reality is distorted.

Gee
05-16-2007, 12:23 PM
People need to realize name recognition is the primary cause of good "scientific" polling. Name recognition is not support.

Gabecpa
05-16-2007, 12:31 PM
I think it is just name recognition in the landline polls.

Are landline phone polls even scientific anymore? I vote as do the majority of my close friends. Only one of my friends has a landline, so it is impossible for me or many people I know to be reached via landline polling methods......

Brandybuck
05-16-2007, 02:30 PM
Who would be winning if the last poll option was "I've got no idea what any of these people are about"?