PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee shows respect for Ron Paul on Red Eye

No1ButPaul08
05-02-2009, 12:53 AM
Huckabee is guest hosting Red Eye on Fox News and they were having a session where the panel asked him questions. One of the panelist asked, "Who is a celebrity or politician that you assumed you would have had nothing in common with or might not have liked that you have since come to know and befriend?"

Huckabee responds, "I actually had a great relationship with Ron Paul during the Presidential race. We had a lot of different opinions on a whole lot of things but I respected him because I knew that he had convictions. He knew where he stood and he didn't really care if anybody liked it. And I respect that I like that in a person."

YouTube - Huckabee Red eye part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iekpCaztMPI)

Kludge
05-02-2009, 01:04 AM
Lol... How did they get Huckabee on Red Eye?

I'd like to see ORLY on it.

No1ButPaul08
05-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Lol... How did they get Huckabee on Red Eye?

I'd like to see ORLY on it.

The host was sick so Huckabee was filling in. He made a comment about how he has hosted more than once.

LittleLightShining
05-02-2009, 05:49 AM
The host was sick so Huckabee was filling in. He made a comment about how he has hosted more than once.I saw the beginning of it and he was TERRIBLE. I didn't make it to the part about Ron Paul because Huck was reading from the teleprompter. Just reading. And then Michael Scheuer was going on about how great torture is and it really made me upset so I changed it to something else.

ClayTrainor
05-02-2009, 05:53 AM
I saw the beginning of it and he was TERRIBLE. I didn't make it to the part about Ron Paul because Huck was reading from the teleprompter. Just reading. And then Michael Scheuer was going on about how great torture is and it really made me upset so I changed it to something else.

That does sound terrible, but i love the OP and the RP mention :D

Matt Collins
05-02-2009, 08:25 AM
I saw the beginning of it and he was TERRIBLE. Yes the entire show is terrible. In fact now that I think of it the entire channel is terrible.... except occasionally during Neil Cavuto, and every time the Judge appears.

Matt Collins
05-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Huckabee responds, "I actually had a great relationship with Ron Paul during the Presidential race. We had a lot of different opinions on a whole lot of things but I respected him because I knew that he had convictions. He knew where he stood and he didn't really care if anybody liked it. And I respect that I like that in a person."I can independently verify that is true. During the early days of the campaign Ron's and Huck's people were always bumping into each other because both were running "budget" campaigns. They often times stayed at the same hotels etc.

And Huckabee's campaign manager lives in my town here and allegedly voted for me for Chairman of the Nashville Republican Party :D

Imperial
05-02-2009, 10:50 AM
And then Michael Scheuer was going on about how great torture is and it really made me upset so I changed it to something else.

Wow, I didn't think Scheuer would be the pro-torture type. I mean, he has even been on Anti-War.com for interviews. ??

johnrocks
05-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Michael Scheuer is like most, I agree on a lot and disagree, I bought a book of his;Marching Toward Hell; and I got the sense he's more a paleo conservative like Pat Buchanan than a Libertarian minded person, I agree with paleo cons on most things, they are like our first cousins,politically speaking.:p

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Huckabee is a grinning penis, and most of his supporters are lost in the wilderness.

Mis-guided souls searching for the Texas Ranger.

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Ron Paul stands alone.

jsu718
05-02-2009, 11:08 AM
To be fair, Huckabee was the only other person during the primaries that was talking about real tax reform. Even Ron Paul said he would vote for the Fair Tax because it would get rid of the IRS>

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Huckabee is a fraud. Look into his past record.

Why bother caring about another self-interested crook?

james1906
05-02-2009, 11:16 AM
YouTube - Exclusive: Mike Huckabee Begs for Tax Increase (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaJW7nXw30A)

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Huckabee behaves like a preacher.

I respect Ron Paul for his faith, although I am an Atheist, because he answers to no one.

Only the Constitution.

tonesforjonesbones
05-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Ron Paul answers to GOD...

Why is it when someone who is a populist plugs Ron Paul some of you get pissed off? It is counter productive..be glad huckabee said what he said... He said he didn't agree with him on a lot of things but he respected him...why can't you just accept the compliment? This is SO counter productive to the growth of the movement. Grow UP ffs. tones

gls
05-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Are there any significant differences between Obama and Huckabee? I can't think of any.

Edit: Actually, I don't think either of Obama's kids have strangled a dog to death. They're still young though.

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Ron Paul answers to GOD...

Why is it when someone who is a populist plugs Ron Paul some of you get pissed off? It is counter productive..be glad huckabee said what he said... He said he didn't agree with him on a lot of things but he respected him...why can't you just accept the compliment? This is SO counter productive to the growth of the movement. Grow UP ffs. tones

No way Mate,

I followed Ron Paul from the beginning, debated Huckabee supporters, and donated 6000 of my hard Aussie dollars to Dr. Pauls campaign.

If you want to be a crawler. That's your choice.

Pity too many Yanks choose your path.

tonesforjonesbones
05-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Look ...in order for the movement to grow, there will have to be expansion. I , personally, want it to grow and if Huckabee says something nice about Ron Paul and millions hear it..I a am going to consider that a great thing. Now, Huckabee is a big government guy..and I wouldn't vote for him...but I'll take the compliment. tones

iddo
05-02-2009, 11:39 AM
During the primaries Huckabee said that Ron Paul's views are ludicrous:

He really lit my fuse when he continued to assert that it was our fault we were attacked on Sept. 11 ... [Paul’s comments were] ludicrous and unacceptable. (source (http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/huckabee-pauls-debate-comments-ludicrous-and-unacceptable-2007-09-06.html))

tonesforjonesbones
05-02-2009, 11:43 AM
lol so...Ron Paul said about Huckabee..fascism will come draped in a flag carrying a cross...evidently Ron Paul and Huckabee get along now...a lot of things are said during a campaign. I look at it this way...if Ron Paul and Huckabee are friendly ..why should I hold a grudge. I woudln't vote for Huckabee..but I'm glad he said something decent about Ron Paul. tones

tonesforjonesbones
05-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Look , if you wanna be pissed at a neo con, be pissed at that goon Mark Levin , who is actively supporting some neo con who is going to run against Ron Paul for his congressional seat... tones

asimplegirl
05-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I actually like red eye..it is scrcastic, and I love how they make everything make everyone seem gay, and I thought Huckabee was better than McCain. LOL.

I loved the interview he had with Jay Leno, where Jay was making fun of him for living in a double wide...and he told Jay.."Well, your chin will fit, so I think it is a pretty good size.".. Classic.

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 11:58 AM
It's what shits me about well-meaning Yanks.

You always get "sucked in." Spending wasted energies debating useless shit, and voting for guys like Bush based on Gays and Abortion, National security.

Do you realize that most people don't dwell on sexual preferences, and realize abortion is sad but better than illegal back-yard abortions. Is that your aim?

And, Who's going to attack you? No country. Only feeble minded people who you encourage through Colonialism and FOR FUCKS SAKE torture.

Theriot
05-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I actually like red eye..it is scrcastic, and I love how they make everything make everyone seem gay, and I thought Huckabee was better than McCain. LOL.

I loved the interview he had with Jay Leno, where Jay was making fun of him for living in a double wide...and he told Jay.."Well, your chin will fit, so I think it is a pretty good size.".. Classic.

I love it too. It has cheap, witty humor along with hundreds of double entendres and sexual references. Greg Gutfeld is a Republican and usually supports what the party says, but only the first couple of news stories are strongly political. Bill Shultz and others don't take anything seriously, so you don't have to agree with their points to enjoy the show.

Unlike the Daily Show where Jon Stewart has his own agenda. Look how bad his show has gone downhill since Obama has taken office. They're still talking about Rove/Cheney for 15 minutes a show.

Todd
05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
It doesn't surprise me Huck said this.
Does anybody remember one of the last debates...I think it was the Reagan debate......where it was only Paul, Huck, Romney, and McCain? Both Paul and Huck were getting left out of the bulk of the questions and I think he finally got it at that point. Seemed to me he saw first hand the raw deal Paul had been getting all along. I think I remember he spoke up about being left out. Maybe that's when he started having respect for him

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 12:08 PM
It doesn't surprise me Huck said this.
Does anybody remember one of the last debates...I think it was the Reagan debate......where it was only Paul, Huck, Romney, and McCain? Both Paul and Huck were getting left out of the bulk of the questions and I think he finally got it at that point. Seemed to me he saw first hand the raw deal Paul had been getting all along. I think I remember he spoke up about being left out. Maybe that's when he started having respect for him

Sorry, I watched every debateduring the primaries, and Huckabee was a brown-noser.

Some of you have selective memories.

He Who Pawns
05-02-2009, 01:16 PM
toooooooooobs are needed! i want to see the torture thing, too.

of course Huckleberry Hound respects Dr Paul. what's not to respect? all of these guys admire Dr Paul because he has principles. many of them won't admit it, though.

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 01:43 PM
toooooooooobs are needed! i want to see the torture thing, too.

of course Huckleberry Hound respects Dr Paul. what's not to respect? all of these guys admire Dr Paul because he has principles. many of them won't admit it, though.

So torture works for you? Or am I wrong.

He Who Pawns
05-02-2009, 02:18 PM
So torture works for you? Or am I wrong.

Where did that come from??

I am a huge fan of Michael Scheuer, so I am curious to see what he has to say about torture. I think Scheuer's main point, as I understand it from his books, is that you either have to change the terrible foreign policy that causes Muslims to want to attack us, or you have to take the gloves off and fight viciously and savagely. Obviously the former is preferred! I am against torture.

Keep in mind that Scheuer offered Osama bin Laden's head on a sliver platter to Bill Clinton several times, but Clinton called off all of the attacks due to fear over "collateral damage." So I understand Scheuer's frustrations.

He Who Pawns
05-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Here's the toob of Hound talking about RP:

No1ButPaul08
05-02-2009, 02:29 PM

Thanks put it in the OP

Young Paleocon
05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Didn't El Huckster ridicule libertarianism in his book and say it was the greatest threat to the GOP?

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Where did that come from??

I am a huge fan of Michael Scheuer, so I am curious to see what he has to say about torture. I think Scheuer's main point, as I understand it from his books, is that you either have to change the terrible foreign policy that causes Muslims to want to attack us, or you have to take the gloves off and fight viciously and savagely. Obviously the former is preferred! I am against torture.

Keep in mind that Scheuer offered Osama bin Laden's head on a sliver platter to Bill Clinton several times, but Clinton called off all of the attacks due to fear over "collateral damage." So I understand Scheuer's frustrations.

My apoligies if I got it wrong.

Dr. Paul quoted Michael Scheuer often during the primaries, and I respect his knowledge, although I have not read his book.

I am no shrinking violet, but if you are going to be an example, you cannot torture people.

This is a principle I will never back-track on.

ClayTrainor
05-02-2009, 03:12 PM

Nice gesture. :cool:

Todd
05-02-2009, 03:29 PM
Sorry, I watched every debateduring the primaries, and Huckabee was a brown-noser.

Some of you have selective memories.

Oz
I couldn't agree with you more. Huck's a putz! I'm just saying I saw a glimpse of him getting what it must feel like to be Paul during the Reagan debate. They were both totally exclueded in the questions while the other two had their own debate. Hardly selective memory...just a different take. I don't doubt for one second Huck would sell out to the PTB. Cripes! He's doing that in this vid.
I didn't rule out his praise for Paul was more posturing. Most every politician if he's praising another does so to benefit himself. 1. He says he respects people with convictions. 2. Thus viewers more likely to make the connection that he is probably a man of conviction.

Todd
05-02-2009, 03:32 PM
My apoligies if I got it wrong.

Dr. Paul quoted Michael Scheuer often during the primaries, and I respect his knowledge, although I have not read his book.

I am no shrinking violet, but if you are going to be an example, you cannot torture people.

This is a principle I will never back-track on.

I don't think you got it wrong on Scheuer. He doesn't shirk the torture; However, I've read "Through our Enemies Eyes" and bought Imperial Hubris for a future reading. He's one of those that get's it about the GWOT and he's been instrumental in debunking some of the Neo con garbage.

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 03:50 PM
I will bust my knuckles when necessary.

But I was raised in the States, and have principles that some may have forgotten.

Right or wrong, growing up in Illinois taught me right from wrong.

I do not respect namby pamby short measures.

You sound like youv'e got your head screwed on.

Others, are dropping the Flag.

Paulitical Correctness
05-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Republicans need to be Republicans. The greatest threat to classic Republicanism is not liberalism; it’s this new brand of libertarianism, which is social liberalism and economic conservatism, but it’s a heartless, callous, soulless type of economic conservatism because it says “look, we want to cut taxes and eliminate government.
zz.

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for your conversation. It's just gone 6:30 am in West Australia, and my mates are collecting me for some off-shore fishing.

Good arm busting exercise.

Adios Patriots.

Matt Collins
05-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Huckabee is a grinning penisThat is one of the funniest things I've ever read on here!!! HA HA HA LOL :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Matt Collins
05-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Didn't El Huckster ridicule libertarianism in his book and say it was the greatest threat to the GOP?Yes he did. But I guess he didn't realize he was ridiculing Reagan in the process. :rolleyes: Whoops!

Todd
05-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Yes he did. But I guess he didn't realize he was ridiculing Reagan in the process. :rolleyes: Whoops!

And Goldwater....and about half a dozen others who helped guide conservative philosophy

ctiger2
05-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Huckabee's obviously aware of how popular RP is and he's trying to appeal to his crowd. Huckabee is a lying fraud and a schmuck. Just go back and watch the debates from '08.

LittleLightShining
05-03-2009, 11:38 AM
Huckabee's obviously aware of how popular RP is and he's trying to appeal to his crowd. Huckabee is a lying fraud and a schmuck. Just go back and watch the debates from '08.+1

And since no tube has surfaced, Scheuer was basically saying that if we were threatened with a nuclear attack we should use torture to get information.

He Who Pawns
05-03-2009, 12:33 PM
And since no tube has surfaced, Scheuer was basically saying that if we were threatened with a nuclear attack we should use torture to get information.

The bottom line is, if this country gets hit with a nuclear or biological weapon that kills millions or takes out a major American city, no one is going to give a rat's ass about torture or anything else. We will strike out at anything in sight and flay the skin off any enemy we capture to avoid another strike.

What Scheuer is saying is clear: We either need to change our horrendous foreign policy, or be prepared for a brutal, asymmetrical war against Islam that will go on endlessly.

satchelmcqueen
05-03-2009, 06:31 PM
cool. i was wondering if he would ever mention paul. reckon we could get paul on hucks show?

Nathan Hale
05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
I never knew what Fox saw in Huckabee. The man is just plain bad at on-camera work.

Matt Collins
05-03-2009, 08:21 PM
I never knew what Fox saw in Huckabee. Ratings.:rolleyes: