PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or is the movement starting to make some progress?

jbrace
05-01-2009, 08:13 PM
I feel like we are really starting to make an impression. I'm watching shows on FOX (freedom watch) that are talking about The Constitution. Glen Beck for what is worth is actually holding interesting shows. You have the Judge telling it like it is, H.R. 1207 starting to take root, and people becoming fed up with the government. The more this economy starts to tank, the more people are going to listen to our message. It just seems to me that we need to prepare to strike ( In a civil disobedience way) while the irons warming up. :cool:

Don't Tread on Mike
05-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh it's not just you. A storms a brewing and our government is gonna feel it.

Andrew-Austin
05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
It just seems to me that we need to prepare to strike ( In a civil disobedience way) while the irons warming up.

Agreed. :eek:

:cool:

GunnyFreedom
05-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes, just don't tell the naysayers or the thread will fill with 100 posts about how we all suck and how all of us are sellouts and neocons. :D

tonesforjonesbones
05-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Yes..much to the chagrin of some people on here...the movement is moving forward..and growing..righton. tones

DirtMcGirt
05-01-2009, 09:01 PM
"relentless"... that's how I now describe us

brandon
05-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I feel like we are really starting to make an impression. I'm watching shows on FOX (freedom watch) that are talking about The Constitution. Glen Beck for what is worth is actually holding interesting shows. You have the Judge telling it like it is, H.R. 1207 starting to take root, and people becoming fed up with the government. The more this economy starts to tank, the more people are going to listen to our message. It just seems to me that we need to prepare to strike ( In a civil disobedience way) while the irons warming up. :cool:

We certainly have made a lot of progress influencing the discussions in "conservative" circles.

If this influence can be translated into actual reform of the GOP or of the federal government has yet to be seen.

tonesforjonesbones
05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
It WILL start changing but we have to embrace folks like Beck who are making a transition...the Judge is there to help him along...this is really wonderful. tones

dr. hfn
05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
C4L and especially YAL must succeed!

onwards patriots!

tonesforjonesbones
05-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Righton! tones

nayjevin
05-01-2009, 10:03 PM
perhaps some are too young to remember that democrats have always been good at criticizing government when republicans are in office, and repulicans have always been good at criticizing democrats when they are in office.

look at olbermann in the bush years vs now.

look at rush in the bush years vs now.

it is expected that conservative principles will be embraced by neocon cheerleaders with a liberal in office. they want our free grassroots support to endorse their groomed candidates in 2010 and 2012.

that said, it is good to embrace good ideas and be happy that they are being espoused anywhere.

it is good to promote good legislation. it is good to promote good candidates. good things are happening. people are changing.

ya, I'm a naysayer. but I live and die with the cause of liberty. trust nothing but your own principles.

nayjevin
05-01-2009, 10:40 PM
We certainly have made a lot of progress influencing the discussions in "conservative" circles.

If this influence can be translated into actual reform of the GOP or of the federal government has yet to be seen.

+1

efforts to do so are worthwhile. the truth is on the side of individual liberty, no doubt.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-01-2009, 10:55 PM
I am pleasantly surprised from seeing moods change in the past few months. I just hope our work won't be undone by a hyper-panicked people willing to lay down for pig flu, or tainted by toxic neo-cons latching onto our coattails to try to get back into power.

Roonie
05-01-2009, 11:05 PM
The strength of the Republican party in years past has been based on an alliance between us (libertarians) and the social conservatives.

I believe that in the post-W years, that alliance is failing. After seeing what the social conservatives will do to our coutry given the chance, we can no longer stand with them. It hurts our cause more than it helps, and I believe it is time for us to strike out on our own.

I think it is time for us to find a "middle way." The middle majority of Americans will stand with us, if only we can properly articulate our cause.

For too many years, our politics have been dominated by the extremes on both ends of the political spectrum. The left and right "bases" will never agree with each other, and that gives us an opportunity to take the message of liberty into the mainstream and build a coalition that promotes our tried-and-true American values: individual liberty, personal responsibility, homegrown innovation and productivity.

In my estimation, Obama has gone much further left than he said he would in the general election, and he's in the process on turning off the "center-left." This is our opportunity to swoop in and find a middle way for America.

jbrace
05-02-2009, 01:10 PM
It WILL start changing but we have to embrace folks like Beck who are making a transition...the Judge is there to help him along...this is really wonderful. tones

I agree, sometimes I feel that we exclude people because they don't fit our platform a 100%, but its going to take a while for people to warm up to our politics when they've been taught complete opposite all their life.

heavenlyboy34
05-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I agree, sometimes I feel that we exclude people because they don't fit our platform a 100%, but its going to take a while for people to warm up to our politics when they've been taught complete opposite all their life.

I can see why this would bother you, but excluding partisan hacks has given those in the liberty movement the moral and intellectual high ground. I will not forsake it just to win an election! :cool::D

JamesButabi
05-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Well, the CFL is over 150,000 members. This forum is still teeming with participants. We now have potential condidates going into 2010. We have an up and coming grassroots show (freedom watch). People have won countless victories on a local level. Free State Project is still growing and achieving goals. The Austrian school of thought is much more common. Media appearances are up tremendously.

Id say we are on the right track.

Ozwest
05-02-2009, 02:02 PM
As the unemployment level rises, people lose their homes, taxes increase, cops get harder...

People get out of their "comfort zone."

A couple years down the track. The government and banksters might be feeling the heat, nylon, hemp, jute.

anaconda
05-02-2009, 02:54 PM
To me a real acid test will be if the Revolution has the collective will and discipline to not vote Republican in 2012 if it's (and it likely will be) another NWO establishment nominee. We need to withhold our vote until we get some huge ( and I mean HUGE) concessions in the platform. Another option is forming a third party. Perhaps RP should create a new party and personally line up a successor, so that the party doesn't splinter.

tonesforjonesbones
05-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Beware of the "Third WAy" tones

What is the Ultimate Third Way?

About the Third Way by the New Democrats online. "On Sunday, April 25, 1999, the President Clinton and the DLC hosted a historic roundtable discussion, The Third Way: Progressive Governance for the 21st Century, with five world leaders including British PM Tony Blair, German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder, Dutch PM Wim Kok, and Italian PM Massimo D'Alema, the First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton and DLC President Al From... The Third Way philosophy seeks to adapt enduring progressive values to the new challenges of the information age. It rests on three cornerstones: the idea that government should promote equal opportunity for all while granting special privilege for none; an ethic of mutual responsibility that equally rejects the politics of entitlement and the politics of social abandonment; and, a new approach to governing that empowers citizens to act for themselves."

The "idea" of using a Third Way system to resolve the 150 years of constant conflict between the uncompromising right and left was introduced to the world by three countries: England, Israel, and the United States. It was prompted by either British Prime Minister Tony Blair or U.S. President William Jefferson Clinton. (It was also promoted by quasi-German Chancellor Shroder and the Soviet Union's Mikhail Gorbachev and according to some anti-globalist sources it was the Dutch who invented the term, as we see in this article about Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands - personal background and his part in starting the Bilderberg Conferences.)

It's such a vague term. What does it stand for? Is it just a silly joke? Maybe these third way news clips can explain it. Is there a Third Way to Tame the Court?

(FABIAN SOCIETY CRAP)

http://nord.twu.net/acl/thirdway.html

Objectivist
05-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Every time a politician tries to negate the efforts of those who support Freedom and Liberty it only infuriates more people that are exposed to the arrogance of the political class.

SO happy to see Arlen Spector take the cowards way out. Too bad he doesn't take the rest of the non-conservative neo-con republicans with him.

dr. hfn
05-03-2009, 04:57 PM
We MUST elect Kokesh, Rand, Medina, and RJ Harris!

JamesButabi
05-03-2009, 05:59 PM
We MUST elect Kokesh, Rand, Medina, and RJ Harris!

Also BJ Lawson. I seriously wonder why we don't have a subforum for that gentleman. He seems invigorated, and that campaign made great progress last year.

Can we make that happen?

tonesforjonesbones
05-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Maybe there should be a subforum for all liberty candidates...and we can refer to it..tones