PDA

View Full Version : BCS debate comes to Capitol Hill

BlackTerrel
05-01-2009, 06:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4121294

WASHINGTON -- Tackling an issue sure to rouse sports fans, lawmakers pressed college football officials Friday on switching the Bowl Championship Series to a playoff, with one Texas Republican likening the current system to communism and joking it should be labeled "BS," not "BCS."....

For the record I hate the BS and would welcome a playoff. That said, we're at war, the economy is in a tailspin, and now we have to deal with swine flu....I think the government should worry about more important matters instead of sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

nate895
05-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Under what power does the government assume it has the authority to determine what championship system an athletic association uses? Just more usurping from a government that can read "interstate commerce" + "necessary and proper" to mean "power to regulate college football."

jkr
05-01-2009, 06:32 PM
i saw that...they are ALL fired!

forsmant
05-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Woo HOO!! I would rather they spend their time fucking up college football then fucking up the economy.

DeadheadForPaul
05-01-2009, 06:41 PM
As much as I want a play-off...WTF
1.) Unconstitutional
2.) More pressing issues to address

angelatc
05-01-2009, 07:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4121294

For the record I hate the BS and would welcome a playoff. That said, we're at war, the economy is in a tailspin, and now we have to deal with swine flu....I think the government should worry about more important matters instead of sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

When I saw the title of your thread I thought that surely that Congress wasn't getting involved in college football. Apparently i was wrong.

Anybody want to bet that they'll spend more time on this than they do the stimulus?

TastyWheat
05-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I don't know what this is all about and I don't want to know. Sports are in no way the business of Congress.