PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been watching today's Beck special? Interesting...

Chase
05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Say what you want about the number of Beck threads or his true motives, the special today seemed like a very valuable and honest discussion. The show consisted of a large panel of tea party organizers and attendees. Beck introduced the show as an opportunity for people who are always screaming at the media to actually do so.

One of the panelists outed himself as a Ron Paul supporter and he criticized Fox for being just as biased as the other networks. Glenn asked him to expand and he pointed out that reporters never refer back to the Constitution, even though it is our founding document. That point drew plenty of applause.

There was a discussion of how the two parties are one in the same when you look at the real scale of totalitarianism to anarchism.

An African American woman (who was not a supporter of Obama) explained in plain language her problem with "spreading the wealth around" that when she works two jobs and tries as hard as she can to earn for her kids, it's not right for the government to take even more.

Samuel Adams was quoted: "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds... " Notably, that's a lesson Ron Paul has always been keen to teach us. Beck specifically emphasized the quote and it drew powerful applause.

The woman who confronted the crazy CNN reporter off-camera was present on the panel and talked about why she did that.

And I'm now watching the end, where Judge Napolitano has just drawn huge applause on:

1. People should take the fire in their belly and run for office, but not as a party member.

2. We should starve the federal government by ending the income tax (HUGE applause).

3. He quoted Jefferson: "When the people fear the government, that is tyranny. When the government fears the people, that is liberty."

I still hold Austro-libertarianism in higher regard than Beck (a disclaimer that is sadly necessary having posted a dreaded Beck thread) but tonight's program communicated some very important concepts in a way easily digested by the masses. And who knows, maybe there's a chance Beck will amplify the Ron Paul supporter's complaints about Fox internally. Say what you want of Fox's motives, but as a private business it's in their interest to know which way the wind is blowing, which is finally in our direction.

When I saw the program starting tonight, I almost tuned out, half expecting Beck to have invited Frank Luntz to wire up hand-picked guests. I am happy to say that I was wrong.

MRoCkEd
05-01-2009, 03:51 PM
You should have seen the post-show online.
That Ron Paul supporter was going after Glenn Beck on torture, and Judge Napolitano backed him up.

JasonC
05-01-2009, 04:04 PM
tube?

ClayTrainor
05-01-2009, 04:19 PM
That Ron Paul supporter was going after Glenn Beck on torture, and Judge Napolitano backed him up.

Oh god, please youtube this, someone!

itshappening
05-01-2009, 04:53 PM

that guy is great !

this also shows FOX that Freedomwatch can be a popular show...

MRoCkEd
05-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Here's the Judge:
YouTube - judge andrew napolitano on Glenn Beck Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGWomZDPZcs)

haaaylee
05-01-2009, 05:40 PM
more tubes!

MRoCkEd
05-01-2009, 05:41 PM
more tubes!
YouTube - Glenn Beck Show | Tea Parties | 5-1-09 |Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEdFhHca-vo&feature=channel_page)
YouTube - Glenn Beck Show | Tea Parties | 5-1-09 |Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGbHOcjIR1w&feature=channel)
YouTube - Glenn Beck Show | Tea Parties | 5-1-09 |Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntfQt1Rg9Zk&feature=channel)
YouTube - Glenn Beck Show | Tea Parties | 5-1-09 |Part 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vFZ3OEUInk&feature=channel)
YouTube - Glenn Beck Show | Tea Parties | 5-1-09 |Part 5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gjTr2clIZw&feature=channel)
YouTube - Glenn Beck Show | Tea Parties | 5-1-09 |Part 6 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5CmQsNEN8U&feature=channel)

reagle
05-01-2009, 05:46 PM
thank you for the youtube videos

1000-points-of-fright
05-01-2009, 05:51 PM
However, there was that one dude that had his panties in a bunch about the Iranian nuclear threat. He said that Iran wants to wipe our best friend Israel off the map and we need to support Israel if they decide to act against Iran. Beck, of course, agreed with him. They just don't get it.

That Walter guy said Israel can take care of themselves and Beck also agreed, but the discussion didn't go any further. No mention that Israel SHOULD take care of themselves and the US should stay out of it and that supporting them would only breed more terrorism towards us.

He Who Pawns
05-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Which segment has the torture thing?

MRoCkEd
05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Which segment has the torture thing?
I think it was only in the aftershow

tonesforjonesbones
05-01-2009, 06:27 PM
this was really great...Beck has the most creative shows on television... thanks ..but I can't view the one with the judge..tones

angelatc
05-01-2009, 07:15 PM
One of the panelists outed himself as a Ron Paul supporter and he criticized Fox for being just as biased as the other networks. Glenn asked him to expand and he pointed out that reporters never refer back to the Constitution, even though it is our founding document. That point drew plenty of applause.

Like, not including him in their debate?

purplechoe
05-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I think it was only in the aftershow

It's down the page, click on "Web Exclusive" Under Tea Parties: Exposing Media Lies

http://www.foxnews.com/glennbeck/index.html

Beck still thinks we should torture people. That whole issues really pisses me off. He's for bombing Japan with a nuclear weapon to save American lives in a war in which we prosecuted and executed those Japanese soldiers who did waterboarding etc... But he's trying to say it's ok if we torture when we have to stop a nuclear weapon going off in New York City. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Don't Tread on Mike
05-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Yea but Walter the libertarian and the judge disagreed.

tonesforjonesbones
05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Glenn Beck and the Judge are doing good work...very good work. tones

TER
05-01-2009, 09:12 PM
YouTube - Glenn Beck Show | Tea Parties | 5-1-09 |Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEdFhHca-vo&feature=channel_page)

In the end of the first part, what does a crowd member say at 09:04?? Something about Ron Paul?

DirtMcGirt
05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
great format!!! walter kicked ass, he needs a special blog on cfl

tonesforjonesbones
05-01-2009, 09:17 PM
YES and Glenn Beck (with my prayers) will over take Oreilly for the number one spot...because he is NOT party line! RIGHTON...tones

transistor
05-01-2009, 09:36 PM
fuck glenn beck

DirtMcGirt
05-01-2009, 09:40 PM
fuck glenn beck

yeah he can be a demagogue at times but hes the best voice that has a microphone in front of his face in the msm.

refers to a political strategy for gaining political power by appealing to the popular prejudices, emotions, fears and expectations of the public — typically via impassioned rhetoric and propaganda, and often using nationalist or populist themes. The term was used for the first time by Aristophanes in his satire against the demagogue Cleon.

Drknows
05-01-2009, 10:06 PM
pretty good show. he should do more like this. I wish the ron paul guy would've articulated his positions better (financial aspect of our empire overseas and how fox is bias for pushing non constitutional neocon agenda and not questioning republicans enough) but still good nonetheless.

I know beck kept cutting him off so it would be hard to put all that into a 2 second sound bite.

Drknows
05-01-2009, 10:15 PM
If Beck had the Judge on everyday i think i could tolerate watching this program more often.

Also i laughed when Beck said he was 90 percent woman. His shoes are kicking though.

LibertyEagle
05-01-2009, 10:58 PM
They promoted a Constitutional Convention. That is not good. :(

purplechoe
05-01-2009, 11:00 PM
They promoted a Constitutional Convention. That is not good. :(

I'd be fine with it if most of the legislators were like Ron Paul, unfortunately... :eek:

Roonie
05-02-2009, 12:15 AM

TheTyke
05-02-2009, 12:36 AM
The politicians are ignoring the Constitution almost entirely. We do not want a constitutional convention, that road leads only to them changing all the bothersome things we hold over their heads now. We just need to follow the one we have!

I know Ron Paul supports repealing the 16th amendment.. is a convention the only way to repeal something? My knowledge is lacking in this area.

Nonetheless, great show, and thank you Walter for heroically representing our case! I agree that it's great to see people debating these issues.

Roonie
05-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I know Ron Paul supports repealing the 16th amendment.. do you need a convention to repeal something? My knowledge is lacking in this area.

Well, Article V details methods we can use to ammend the Constitution, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Article V is the only way to change things.

The Constitution is the peoples' agreement amongst themselves to establish the civil authority, and We The People can change that agreement as we see fit. We The People did not negotiate with the civil authority, we negotiated with each other.

The civil authority is NOT a party to the constitutional agreement, it is the product of that agreement. The civil authority exists because we gave it power.

We can just as easily take that power away.

LibertyEagle
05-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Well, a Con Con is not necessarily something to be feared. I beleive I have posted something about this here before (In one of my previous 12 posts . . . ) and the thing to remember is that whatever comes out of it still has to be ratified by the states to become constitutional, at which point the debate would be public and Americans would have to become aware of whatever was happening.
Sorry, but I strongly disagree. The second a Constitutional Convention convenes, the ENTIRE Constitution is up for grabs. Are you willing to risk it? I'm not.

That could be a good thing or a bad thing for us.

But back to Beck . . . I'm watching the replay now, and I gotta say that despite his flaws (and our fear of him being a plant, just because that's what we do) he does make some good points that advance our cause. Even if he is a plant, that is always good, because it gives exposure to libertarianism.

***The media can't tell you what to think . . . but they can frame the issues and tell you what to think about.***

As long as they are bringing attention to our issues, that's a good thing. The number of people who are convinced either way by Beck is small . . . the number of people who are brought to think about these issues is much greater and that is a net positive for us.

Check this out:
YouTube - Beware Article V (part 1 of 4) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za8_pdJ1dPo&feature=player_embedded)

Here's an article about this whole effort to co-opt the tea parties for this Con-Con.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2106123#post2106123