PDA

View Full Version : Now 116 Co-Sponsors

RonPaulFanInGA
05-01-2009, 06:58 AM
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=1207&congress=111

Up three from yesterday.

18 Democrats
98 Republicans

Three new one:

Rep Buyer, Steve [IN-4]
Rep Neugebauer, Randy [TX-19]
Rep McHenry, Patrick T. [NC-10]

JAHOGS
05-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Still nobody from Arkansas. I need some help.

Bern
05-01-2009, 07:10 AM
Still nobody from Arkansas. I need some help.

Isn't Huckabee from Arkansas? Is he for transparency? Does he have pull with the state machine? Maybe he and his supporters can be encouraged to push the Arkansas reps.

Austin
05-01-2009, 07:12 AM
3/9 in Indiana

Isaac Bickerstaff
05-01-2009, 08:30 AM
My guy just signed on this week. I plan on writing an actual letter to him to thank him (not on of these electronic thingamajigs). I also plan on sending it to the local paper. Would it be better to send it to the paper and the congressman at the same time, or to give the congressman a few days heads up before sending it to the paper?
I want to be as courteous as possible because he is finally listening to us.:)

werdd
05-01-2009, 08:44 AM

My congressman signed on :)

Had sent him many letters, he gave a great response a month back. He's a good one to have, he is on the house financial services committee. Was hoping he would get on board sooner or later.

klamath
05-01-2009, 08:59 AM
http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues/bills/?billtype=H.R.&billnumb=1207&congress=111

Up three from yesterday.

18 Democrats
98 Republicans

Three new one:

Rep Buyer, Steve [IN-4]
Rep McHenry, Patrick T. [NC-10]

I was hoping for more democrats than that. With that ratio of Rs to Ds it will not pass the house.

haaaylee
05-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I was hoping for more democrats than that. With that ratio of Rs to Ds it will not pass the house.

That is my fear. We need more democrats . ..

klamath
05-01-2009, 09:49 AM
That is my fear. We need more democrats . ..
Since the democrats control all the commitees there has to be enough democratic rank and file for this to force democratic leaders to allow it to move from comittee.
The way it is stacked now they will just use their partisan power to crush that Republican bill.

thrillhouse
05-01-2009, 09:51 AM
We need Barney Frank....

He Who Pawns
05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Even Wolf himself would have to say, "Amazing, amazing numbers!"

Njon
05-01-2009, 11:31 AM
It shows as 112 at http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:18:./temp/~bdAmRh::

Don't Tread on Mike
05-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Good news and great numbers. We definitely need to reach out to the dems some how.

Dreamofunity
05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I had to write a letter to my congressman for class, so naturally I made it about HR 1207. This is the first letter I've ever written to congress, and I held back a lot and bullshitted most of it sucking up to the guy. If that bastard doesn't sign on I'm going to be pissed.

Lord Xar
05-01-2009, 11:52 AM
How many co-signers are usually needed before it goes to the floor for a vote?

Pete
05-01-2009, 12:48 PM
C4L was touting 110 as the needed number to get it to the floor for debate.

More are always merrier! We need to keep up the pressure, especially on the Dems.

nelsonwinters
05-01-2009, 12:56 PM
C4L was touting 110 as the needed number to get it to the floor for debate.

More are always merrier! We need to keep up the pressure, especially on the Dems.

Here's what Matt Hawes posted

"A lot of people have asked if there is a "magic" number of cosponsors. There's no number that requires the committee to vote or guarantees a hearing (Dr. Paul has mentioned before that Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank has already promised to hold a hearing). However, a representative can circulate a "discharge petition," which would release the bill from committee to the House floor if signed by 218 members - a majority of voting members in the House."

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/index.php?blogpage=3

NYgs23
05-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow, more than 1/4th.

AJ Antimony
05-01-2009, 01:18 PM
If Barney Frank co-sponsors, then that will definitely help get more D's on board I'd imagine.

However, don't forget this isn't a law if (when) Obama vetoes it. So we really need to pressure ALL of our representatives to make sure 2/3 of them support it!

Imperial
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
We need Barney Frank....

Imagine saying that one year ago. :)

HOLLYWOOD
05-01-2009, 02:02 PM
But But... Nancy Pelosi has stated repeatedly for Transparency and a new Congress for the people.

If the Democrats were concerned and for the people, wouldn't they want to find out what the FED is doing? Aren't the Democrats the ones that want regulation and control on almost everything? Yah dink the Democrats would be the first to jump all over this Act to fasttrack it through.

Any Congress critter that doesn't support, co-sponsor, or vote in favor, are true LAP DOGS to Wealth and the controlling ELITIST. They know where their gravy train comes from and the people are only an afterthought.

The New Democrat Hypocrisy

Since the democrats control all the committees there has to be enough democratic rank and file for this to force democratic leaders to allow it to move from comittee.
The way it is stacked now they will just use their partisan power to crush that Republican bill.

devil21
05-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Even if it were voted down (god forbid), it would make tremendous ammo against the "Change" argument. There's no way HR1207 doesnt make a positive impact in some form.

Jaykzo
05-01-2009, 09:32 PM
After about 2 months of phone calls to his office, my congressman Don Manzullo signed on as of about a week ago. I'm not sure if I had much to do with it, but I made sure to call his office back and thank him, also sent a grateful e-mail.