PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh talked about Ron Paul today.

paulitics
09-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Did not catch all of it, but he was talking about how strippers are for Ron Paul, and started to read an article, but then lost it.

He said Ron Paul is a libertarian and does not want government intrusion on how we can dress, etc. Didn't sound like he was being smarmy, his tone was quite favorable...but I may have missed some of it. Anyway, very good exposure.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Rush has always been fair to Ron Paul so far...no outstanding coverage but never any unfair criticism. An interview would be nice.

G-khan
09-20-2007, 09:00 AM
Rush has always been fair to Ron Paul so far...no outstanding coverage but never any unfair criticism. An interview would be nice.

We should all give him a quick email suggesting that...
rush@eibnet.com (rush@eibne.com)

ronpaulyourmom
09-20-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks for that email link, I sent him an email saying based upon the recommendations of friends regarding your fair treatment of all the candidates, I'm thinking of tuning into the show.

I mentioned that I'm new to the talk radio scene and looking for a good show to listen to. Hopefully the more we tell him he's fair to people in the political arena the more he'll feel inclined to actually be fair :)

G-khan
09-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I sent him this...........

__________________________________________________ __________

Dear Rush:
You may want to consider having Ron Paul on your show for an interview. It seems that many Republicans reject Ron Paul when he is the most conservative person we have elected. He has a 20 year history of never voting for a tax increase.. If you ever really got behind this man and spoke well of him you would get an instant boost in listeners. The Ron Paul for President group has a following that is very active and they love Ron Paul. I know I am one of them. He wants the most limited government and follows the Constitution. What a novel idea! Anyhow some food for thought for you Rush - would love to have you on the Ron Paul Freedom train on the way to the white house!

mwkaufman
09-20-2007, 09:42 AM
You should probably mention this:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul157.html

Phenom24
09-20-2007, 09:43 AM
Hey guys - that email is incorrect..

I was always of the impression that his email addy was

rush@eibnet.com

It says eibne.com in that link...

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Rush isn't much, but he beat the heck out of Hannity or O'Reilly.

wgadget
09-20-2007, 09:46 AM
The other day I heard Medved call RP a lunatic who wants to do away with the army and the navy. How do they get away with this slander?

MsDoodahs
09-20-2007, 09:46 AM
I heard it, was in the car on route to get RP signs.:)

Get this...he mentions "strippers for RP" says that they don't want people telling them what they should have to wear, then says he can't find the article, and goes IMMEDIATELY into discussing Bill Richardson's latest move: to get obesity listed as a disability under the ADA.

Oh, the irony!

I laughed until I cried it was such a beautiful thing, and I'm sure totally lost on Rush...

G-khan
09-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Hey guys - that email is incorrect..

I was always of the impression that his email addy was

rush@eibnet.com

It says eibne.com in that link...

Thanks copy and pasted and somehow the t was left out?

Phenom24
09-20-2007, 07:51 PM
No worries - I hope he reads the emails.. I think Rush might eventually like Dr. P! I think the more that "non-kook" people contact these folks, that maybe there's a chance they come to the light.

(hopes and prays)

ladyliberty
09-20-2007, 08:12 PM
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/122148.html

Here is an article about the strippers for Ron Paul phenomenon - I think it is dead on ! Maybe we ought to share this with Rush too?

The issue at hand is 'Strippers for Ron Paul.'"

Nick Gillespie | August 24, 2007, 9:08am

The issue at hand is "Strippers for Ron Paul." Why would the adult entertainment industry support such an obvious Christian? It is because the Christian congressman, Ron Paul, understands the proper role of government in the United States of America. Government should not dictate morality. Christians are instructed to cast stones if only free from sin. According to Biblical teaching, we are all born into sin and Ron Paul is the only candidate of the Republican Party doing both what his Constitution and Bible demands. I don't know which he puts first, but I presume that it doesn't matter because they aren't incompatible.

Free will and free persons. Ron Paul will not likely be giving personal support to strippers, in dollars or encouragement, but he supports, in legislation, their right to be free. For that, this mother, wife, small biz owner, inventor, Libertarian Party county chairman, and ex-stripper thanks him.

SeanEdwards
09-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Rush is hoping that he can talk Dr. Paul into writing him an oxycontin prescription.

Benhogan
09-20-2007, 10:41 PM
IMO, Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Miller, Levin, etc..etc. are all Bush and Cheney agents. They go on the radio everyday and try to persuade this country to invade Iran.....(Funny, ever notice how they never say "declare war against" but rather "invade" or "take out", or "bomb" Iran....).

Might sound like a good idea to get on Rush's show PR wise but if there's one thing we've all learned by now is that they can NEVER be trusted. NEVER. They all distort the truth for a living.

Ultimately we all know where Rush's loyalty lies.

Grandson of Liberty
09-20-2007, 11:54 PM
Rush is hoping that he can talk Dr. Paul into writing him an oxycontin prescription.

That was so wrong, and yet incredibly funny at the same time! :D

Bradley in DC
09-21-2007, 12:09 AM
The other day I heard Medved call RP a lunatic who wants to do away with the army and the navy. How do they get away with this slander?

True to the republican ideals of the Founding Fathers, we do not support standing armies in peacetime. Before anyone over-reacts, that does not mean no military, please understand "standing armies" appropriately before sending me hate PMs :)

buffalokid777
09-21-2007, 03:18 AM

I think you hit the nail on the head........

Maybe Dr. Paul should trade Rush an OXY prescription for a favorable interview...

Free Market Practises at work!

:)

LibertyOfOne
09-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Bill Hicks on Rush

WARNING CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg2_MntkMzg

quickmike
09-21-2007, 07:05 AM
Bill Hicks on Rush

HAHAHAHA

One of my favorite Bill Hicks bits.

Thanks.

erowe1
09-21-2007, 10:45 AM
IMO, Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Miller, Levin, etc..etc. are all Bush and Cheney agents. They go on the radio everyday and try to persuade this country to invade Iran.....(Funny, ever notice how they never say "declare war against" but rather "invade" or "take out", or "bomb" Iran....).

Do you have actual quotes of Limbaugh saying this, or did you just make this up because you think you know what he believes based on what you read on moveon.org?

Chester Copperpot
09-21-2007, 10:48 AM

Medved needs to read the Constitution.. The Navy is specifically mentioned to be kept at all times. Nor would Ron Paul do away with an airforce I would imagine as they are ships of the air.. And I would imagine the founding fathers would include them too if they were around back then.

mackler
09-21-2007, 02:18 PM
...I'm new to the talk radio scene and looking for a good show to listen to.

For talk radio, you can't do much better than Free Talk Live.

http://www.freetalklive.com/

nullvalu
09-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Medved needs to read the Constitution..

Medved also supports amnesty and marginalizes the SPP/NAU.

Hamburglar
09-21-2007, 02:40 PM
Bill Hicks on Rush

0_0

erowe1
09-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Rush has been pretty clear that he doesn't want to endorse any of the Republicans yet. I doubt that he will be swayed Paul's way while the field is still so big and there are others still in the race like Hunter who are probably closer to Rush. But who knows, maybe during primary season when the field gets winnowed down, and an upsurge of Paul support among conservatives becomes the news of the day, I could see Rush getting into the spirit.

There are other major conservative political commentators who I think could be persuaded to endorse Paul, though. I expect that Pat Buchanan will after Tancredo finally quits (Pat's sister is running Tancredo's campaign). And I can definitely see William F. Buckley endorsing him, which, if it happens, would be a huge boon to getting core, older GOP voters to take a long hard look at him, as well as all the other conservative columnists who idolize Buckley.

wgadget
09-21-2007, 07:20 PM
Buckley and Buchanan would be awesome.

Benhogan
09-22-2007, 02:21 AM
Do you have actual quotes of Limbaugh saying this, or did you just make this up because you think you know what he believes based on what you read on moveon.org?

I'm basing my opinion on having listened to him everyday Years. And I can honestly say that I've never, I repeat, never been on moveon.org Not once, and I don't intend to either.

ctb619
09-22-2007, 02:23 AM
I don't see any possibility of a William F. Buckley endorsement....but you never know

erowe1
09-22-2007, 07:59 AM
I don't see any possibility of a William F. Buckley endorsement....but you never know
Why not? Paul's the only candidate who is anywhere close to Buckley's conservative views. And Buckley also opposed the Iraq war and nation building in general.