Just posted tonight:

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/06/02/ron_paul/

TruePatriot44
06-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Really good article, I dugg it here:

http://www.digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_is_blowing_up_real_good

Capitalism
06-01-2007, 08:19 PM
did anyone notice if you click on the printer-friendly link, you don't have to view the ad? poor setup by them, though I am not complaining.

ksuguy
06-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Of course they had to get a picture of him that makes him look crazy. Assholes.

ChristopherJ
06-01-2007, 08:28 PM
"We quadrupled the TSA, you know, and hired more people who look more suspicious to me than most Americans who are getting checked," he says. "Most of them are, well, you know, they just don't look very American to me. If I'd have been looking, they look suspicious ... I mean, a lot of them can't even speak English, hardly. Not that I'm accusing them of anything, but it's sort of ironic."

Uh oh - wonder who will latch on to that one?

wecandoit
06-01-2007, 08:36 PM
I didn't really like the article..It seems to be of the same blueprint of recent articles on Paul.

1. Praises Paul on some counts, hints that some ideas are whacky.

2. Acknowledges the internet buzz, but reinterates he is the lowest of the low in "scientific" polls. (fails to mention he is not even included in most.)

3. States twice that he has no chance of winning.

I don't think these types of articles are doing us much good anymore.

kylejack
06-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Daaang, he needs to be careful with comments like this:

"We quadrupled the TSA, you know, and hired more people who look more suspicious to me than most Americans who are getting checked," he says. "Most of them are, well, you know, they just don't look very American to me. If I'd have been looking, they look suspicious ... I mean, a lot of them can't even speak English, hardly. Not that I'm accusing them of anything, but it's sort of ironic."

dwdollar
06-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I didn't really like the article..It seems to be of the same blueprint of recent articles on Paul.

1. Praises Paul on some counts, hints that some ideas are whacky.

2. Acknowledges the internet buzz, but reinterates he is the lowest of the low in "scientific" polls. (fails to mention he is not even included in most.)

3. States twice that he has no chance of winning.

I don't think these types of articles are doing us much good anymore.

Yeah, it's like they all start with the same template or something.

TheConstitutionLives
06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
oh, lordy. For all we know the author pieced that together to look worse than it is.

TruePatriot44
06-01-2007, 08:45 PM

I didn't find anything wrong with this quote.

Here is more of Ron Paul concerning the TSA:

Problems within TSA are legion. In the rush to hire a new workforce, 28,000 screeners were put to work without background checks. Some of them were convicted felons. Many were very young, uneducated, with little job experience. At Kennedy and LaGuardia airports in New York, police arrested dozens of TSA employees who were simply stealing valuables from the luggage they were assigned to inspect. Of course TSA has banned locks on checked luggage, leaving passengers with checked bags totally at the mercy of screeners working behind closed doors. None of this is surprising for a government agency of any size, but we must understand the reality of TSA: its employees have no special training, wisdom, intelligence, or experience whatsoever that qualifies them to have any authority over you. They certainly have no better idea than you do how to prevent terrorism. TSA is about new bureaucratic turf and lucrative union makework, not terrorism.

more at...

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2004/tst112904.htm (http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2004/tst112904.htm)

TheConstitutionLives
06-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I didn't find anything wrong with this quote.

Here is more of Ron Paul concerning the TSA:

Problems within TSA are legion. In the rush to hire a new workforce, 28,000 screeners were put to work without background checks. Some of them were convicted felons. Many were very young, uneducated, with little job experience. At Kennedy and LaGuardia airports in New York, police arrested dozens of TSA employees who were simply stealing valuables from the luggage they were assigned to inspect. Of course TSA has banned locks on checked luggage, leaving passengers with checked bags totally at the mercy of screeners working behind closed doors. None of this is surprising for a government agency of any size, but we must understand the reality of TSA: its employees have no special training, wisdom, intelligence, or experience whatsoever that qualifies them to have any authority over you. They certainly have no better idea than you do how to prevent terrorism. TSA is about new bureaucratic turf and lucrative union makework, not terrorism.

more at...

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2004/tst112904.htm (http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2004/tst112904.htm)

Thank God he's written about this in the past. That makes it easier. He knows what he's talking about here. He knows the TSA subject. He wasn't just blabbering away. whewwww. It's ok. :D

Brandybuck
06-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Yes, he should be careful. But anyone who's spent a lot of time in airports, as I have, know exactly what he's talking about. It's not that they all look foreign or anything like that. It's like the TSA went down to the county unemployment line and hired the people no one else would touch. Not all of them of course. A few TSA workers are friendly, courteous, etc. But there's a crapload of them that look like Jerry Springer Show rejects.

kylejack
06-02-2007, 11:58 AM
I liked the story. I think it articulated his positions well, and any article that does that is one that I like.