PDA

View Full Version : FOX Electronic Media Operators Inept (Fire them?)

Captain America
04-29-2009, 09:30 PM
The Producers, Directors should be fired. Every week they have a problem. The human errors are rediculous for a person working for FOX. In a small college we had a professional production truck, and studio. We never had problems like they do at FOX.

Matt Collins
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Yes, but you were never doing things as complicated and complex as any major news network either.

Honestly I just quit watching TV all together but today I knew Judge Napolitano would be on TV around 14:40 CST so at work in my radio studio I tuned in. The camera guy had the steady hand of an alcoholic. It was obnoxious, almost unwatchable. What ever happened to steady camera work?!!?

Chase
04-29-2009, 10:53 PM
I think they should be given a chance to improve, but if they fail to do so, sack 'em!

He Who Pawns
04-29-2009, 10:55 PM
I think he' talking specifically about the disgraceful performance of the Strategy Room and Freedom Watch technical crew. Week after week after week they manage to completely f#ck up the show, and today's debacle was the worst embarrassment ever.

The whole lot of them should be fired. Or like Grassley suggested for the bankers, they should do the honorable thing after today's disaster and commit suicide.

Flirple
04-29-2009, 11:01 PM
I think they should be given a chance to improve, but if they fail to do so, sack 'em!

That's what I said after watching the first episode however many months ago that was. The time for 'working the bugs out' has passed. It's absolutely ridiculous. As soon as Andrew starts talking after the intro music you can almost be garunteed the audio problems will begin.

Anyone know if the other 'Strategy Room" shows are the same way or is it unique to 'Freedom Watch'?

gls
04-29-2009, 11:28 PM
I doubt they have much of a budget, considering that there are no advertisements. Still, today was pretty bad; even Ron Paul was getting aggravated.

purplechoe
04-29-2009, 11:34 PM
It's the government trying to sabotage the show. ;)

Lets get Alex Jones on the case.

Kludge
04-30-2009, 12:13 AM
I figured they were interns. Why would they put experienced workers on an online broadcast which likely doesn't bring in any revenue aside from giving those interns a chance to improve without botching real broadcasts?

Captain America
04-30-2009, 08:09 AM
We did remotes and interviewed people from around the country via satellite. They have no excuse and it makes me sick.

Sack them!

Cowlesy
04-30-2009, 08:21 AM
I figured they were interns. Why would they put experienced workers on an online broadcast which likely doesn't bring in any revenue aside from giving those interns a chance to improve without botching real broadcasts?

That's what I am thinking.

To the Fox folks who read the boards: PLEASE get some professionals on the set of Freedom Watch. The sound is just horrible --- one guy booms, one you can't hear. For those of us quietly listening at work, it's very tiresome to keep adjusting the audio when a new person speaks.

Seriously, get some more professional staff for Freedom Watch.

He Who Pawns
04-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Maybe we should concentrate our efforts on voting up a question about replacing the inept staff with some pros?

FindLiberty
04-30-2009, 08:48 AM
Anyone else remember when Jerry Lewis got behind a camera on live TV (I think
it was on the "Tonight Show") to show off his shot composition skills? I was
inspired by his technique: Ped down, zoom up into nostril, ped up and zoom
down into cleavage... Not smooth, but effective camera work.

Since I now watch ZERO TV, I missed the 'ineption' event mentioned in the OP,
so I DID NOT VOTE.

This poll missed my prescription for FOX: Give the camera operators, TD and all
on-screen people huge raises in pay and, most important for this idea to work,
ALL viewers must turn off their TVs (all MSM included) and just walk away...

Captain America
04-30-2009, 11:55 AM
Why would someone vote no? They make us look like fringe idiots.

He Who Pawns
04-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Why would someone vote no? They make us look like fringe idiots.

Agreed.