PDA

View Full Version : H1N1: Uncharted Territory and Many More Cases Unreported

clb09
04-29-2009, 08:17 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/8gl3w/could_it_be_possible_that_the_media_is_actually/

Since it is such a novel (new) virus, there is no "herd immunity," so the "attack rate" is very high. This is the percentage of people who come down with a virus if exposed. Almost everyone who is exposed to this virus will become infected, though not all will be symptomatc. That is much higher than seasonal flu, which averages 10-15%. The "clinical attack rate" may be around 40-50%. This is the number of people who show symptoms. This is a huge number. It is hard to convey the seriousness of this.

tangent4ronpaul
04-29-2009, 08:31 PM
:eek:

Pardon me - I think I need to go change my undies...

:(

-t

sdczen
04-29-2009, 08:42 PM
This is being way overblown. It's just another strain of the flu virus. The people that need to worry are the immunodeficient. But, the immunodeficient have to worry about ALL strains of the flu virus too! Most people that get this will be sick for a few days and recover just like any other flu.

Original_Intent
04-29-2009, 08:45 PM
The local news says there is a "probable" case here in Utah. This was a few hours ago but I do not see it yet on the H1N1 Google map.

They said it was definitely flu but was none of the strains that they could test for locally. Sent samples to the CDC and expect results in 48 hours.

puppetmaster
04-29-2009, 10:56 PM
The local news says there is a "probable" case here in Utah. This was a few hours ago but I do not see it yet on the H1N1 Google map.

They said it was definitely flu but was none of the strains that they could test for locally. Sent samples to the CDC and expect results in 48 hours.

what happened to calling it swine flu?

clb09
04-30-2009, 05:17 AM
what happened to calling it swine flu?

King Obama decreed that "swine flu" denigrates the hog indu$try.

Sandra
04-30-2009, 05:25 AM
Ten times those numbers died in the US from meningitis this week.

GunnyFreedom
04-30-2009, 05:42 AM
This is being way overblown. It's just another strain of the flu virus. The people that need to worry are the immunodeficient. But, the immunodeficient have to worry about ALL strains of the flu virus too! Most people that get this will be sick for a few days and recover just like any other flu.

It's not the swine flu I care about; it's the CDC, DHS, and FEMA that I care about. "Don't let a crisis go to waste" is the order of the day.

http://liberty.ohmegacomm.com/host/img/nocdc.jpg

http://liberty.ohmegacomm.com/host/img/nocensusgps.jpg

Wonder what the mailman thinks when he pulls up to deliver a package?

ETA -- That's supposed to be "No Sick Here" not "No Sick Allowed" I will do better on the other side -- it's still blank. that was just a practice swipe.

Lafayette
04-30-2009, 05:43 AM
Ten times those numbers died in the US from meningitis this week.

Or heart attacks, stabbings, car accidents, etc.

GunnyFreedom
04-30-2009, 05:44 AM
//

sdczen
04-30-2009, 05:50 AM
It's not the swine flu I care about; it's the CDC, DHS, and FEMA that I care about. "Don't let a crisis go to waste" is the order of the day.

True, very true. This mass hysteria about the swine flu is irritating. It's more irritating that the DHS, WHO & CDC spin this to epic proportions to the Media and the Media is not letting a crisis go to waste either.

silverhawks
04-30-2009, 05:52 AM

Agreed. What this really accomplishes is to get people down from the edge of revolt and back to being scared and dependent on the Feds.

However, this is going to cause a MASSIVE surge in interest in holistic medicines. With the economy in tatters, an awful lot of people can't afford pharmaceuticals so they are going to be looking towards more affordable proven alternatives.