PDA

View Full Version : House passes hate crimes bill

purplechoe
04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2009/04/house_passes_ha.html

"House passes hate crimes bill

The House this afternoon passed an expanded hate crimes bill that would protect gay victims, and its chief sponsor in the Senate called for prompt final action.

The measure passed 249-175 over the objections of conservatives, the Associated Press reports..."

purplechoe
04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
What, nobody cares that freedom of speach is dying in USA?

Bruno
04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Total B.S.

Deborah K
04-29-2009, 03:33 PM
I care. I'm just so completely overwhelmed by what's going on right now in our gov't. They are on a fast track to a total fascist regime.

Kotin
04-29-2009, 03:53 PM
What, nobody cares that freedom of speach is dying in USA?

since TruthWarrior is gone I feel obligated to say that free speech is already dead...along with the Federal Constitution.

Cowlesy
04-29-2009, 03:56 PM
The comments section is almost barf worthy.

Raul08
04-29-2009, 03:59 PM
woah woah woah....I read the bill and there was only legal action taken when actual acts of physical violence were committed.

I have yet to see where all this talk of preachers being prosecuted for speaking out against homosexuality holds any truth.

purplechoe
04-29-2009, 04:16 PM
woah woah woah....I read the bill and there was only legal action taken when actual acts of physical violence were committed.

I have yet to see where all this talk of preachers being prosecuted for speaking out against homosexuality holds any truth.

I watched some of the debate about the bill on C-SPAN earlier. The impression I got is that "physical violence" is NOT the only reason for the law.

Cowlesy
04-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Don't we already have laws against physical violence?

purplechoe
04-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Don't we already have laws against physical violence?

STOP IT!!! You're making way too much sense!

devil21
04-29-2009, 05:41 PM
Rep Virginia Foxx is catching a lot of flak from gay lobbys and other PC congresscritters for pointing out on the House floor that the guy the bill is named after wasn't attacked because he was gay, but rather was a robbery victim that just happened to be gay. Nice to see someone point out things like that that expose the "hate crimes" agenda as a ruse.

ItsTime
04-29-2009, 05:49 PM

They get prosecuted for "inciting violence"

Raul08
04-29-2009, 05:51 PM
I don't like the bill, because of other reasons.

"incites violence" would be a call to arms IMO.

Now I know that some may view it otherwise.

And it is a pointless bill, but really I doubt anyone will be prosecuted as you guys are suggesting. Perhaps someone WILL try. But the judge would take a look and unless the preacher said something incriminating that directed violence towards a group, then it would be thrown out.

kathy88
04-29-2009, 05:58 PM
I care. I'm just so completely overwhelmed by what's going on right now in our gov't. They are on a fast track to a total fascist regime.

Hear Hear. Every time I blink I take another one you know where.

muh_roads
04-29-2009, 07:25 PM
So what are the details? If I joke around and use the word "******", I can be prosecuted?

ItsTime
04-29-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't like the bill, because of other reasons.

"incites violence" would be a call to arms IMO.

Now I know that some may view it otherwise.

And it is a pointless bill, but really I doubt anyone will be prosecuted as you guys are suggesting. Perhaps someone WILL try. But the judge would take a look and unless the preacher said something incriminating that directed violence towards a group, then it would be thrown out.

Is saying they should burn in hell considered violence towards?

Mind you I have nothing against gays, I think they should be able to marry and so on. Just saying on clever ways the left could use this law.

BeFranklin
04-29-2009, 07:37 PM
These bills are already popular in Europe, where, among other things, old Christian ladies have been arrested in england for "hate speech". England has also just passed mandatory re-education for five years olds, and taken a child from their biological relatives and given them to foster homosexual ones - and people who talk against it are also threatened with hate speech.

In old movies, the villians were often potrayed as homosexuals or effimate, which rings true for today. Many people who have looked for a future antichrist have taken a passage in Daniel to mean that he will also be gay.