PDA

View Full Version : Need to know how many Glenn Beck fans (or ppl who just think he is ok) are here?

Joe3113
04-29-2009, 03:00 AM
Need to know how many Glenn Beck fans (or ppl who just think he is ok) are here?

Please respond. It's important.

specialkornflake
04-29-2009, 03:08 AM
This sounds like a poll to me.

1. Like Glenn Beck
2. Glenn Beck is okay
3. Do not like Glenn Beck

Joe3113
04-29-2009, 03:10 AM
This sounds like a poll to me.

1. Like Glenn Beck
2. Glenn Beck is okay
3. Do not like Glenn Beck

I need to know the specific users though.

Kludge
04-29-2009, 03:24 AM
I formerly didn't mind him and was encouraged to see libertarianism in the news, but now I see him as a great liability to the liberty movement. Not only am I frightened by his sensationalist acting (coming from a self-proclaimed actor), but I'm also frightened by his over-inflated ego which is very evident as he makes himself out to be a lone crusader. His acting is so bombastic and attention-getting, that I'm worried he may have something terrible he's hiding which will come to bite us all in the ass if we embrace him.

I'm not calling him a plant, but I'm leaning toward discrediting him and dis-associating him from this movement. We really don't need an Alex Jones for Common-Sense Christian Conservatives. He can lead his own movement if he wants, but we're hardly allies. He does not nor will represent this movement, as much as he'd like to. Of course, I speak for myself only ;)

lynnf
04-29-2009, 04:11 AM
3. Don't like Glen Beck

He's a misinformation agent, pretending to be on our side. Remember all the bad things he said about us last year? A leopard doesn't change its spots! He just "switched" so that he can feed us misinformation in a palatable form, part of the overall plan. He says a few good things that we will agree with, thinking he's on our side, gaining our trust. That lays the groundwork for the misinformation.

Gee, isn't that the classic description of a double agent in the spy business? Listen to what he says, then watch what he does. Make sure they match. (Hint: they won't)

lynn

Roxi
04-29-2009, 05:39 AM
you can create a poll and still have the option of seeing who voted what....

why is it so important? can we have some explanation?

Joe3113
04-29-2009, 06:01 AM
you can create a poll and still have the option of seeing who voted what....

why is it so important? can we have some explanation?

Classified. :D

I'm looking for people who have an interest in Glenn Beck (i.e. you watch his show) and who might want to help me with something. It would even be ok if you have an interest in him but don't like him. Either way please respond.

Roxi
04-29-2009, 06:12 AM
well i think hes a TOOOOOOOL

but i like that hes spreading the message... my mom is obsessed with him, don't watch his show other than youtube clips once in a while, and for no more than 90 seconds when i might be flipping through the channels the one or two times a month i turn the TV on.

Working Poor
04-29-2009, 06:17 AM
I think he is fake. I watched him yesterday and I just didn't like what or how he was saying .

His actions tell me he is a phoney.

MRoCkEd
04-29-2009, 06:20 AM
He's excellent on economic and fiscal issues
For other issues... he's off and on
He has some great guests (Ron Paul, Penn Jillette, Tom Woods, Gerald Celente, Judge Napolitano, etc.)
He has some bad guests (Rudy "911" Giuliani, Karl Rove, John Bolton, Bill O'Reilly)

It's definitely the best cable news show; i know, that isn't saying much. A million times better than Pawn Hannity or Shill O'Reilly though.

FindLiberty
04-29-2009, 06:28 AM
well i think hes a TOOOOOOOL ...

That is exactly the ONE word I was going to use upon seeing this thread title.

"Tool"

I don't care - don't watch any MSM at all unless it's on a YouTube highlighted here
on Liberty Forest - then there's a ~30% chance I might watch a that clip.

BTW, I have endured NOT ONE WORD from the gasbag (Rush) in several years either.
[grimaces and visibly shudders at the thought]

Don't Tread on Mike
04-29-2009, 06:44 AM
I think he's ok.

tonesforjonesbones
04-29-2009, 07:23 AM
I like Glenn Beck. I called the LP in washington to ask if they considered him sincere..and they said yes..they have been working closely with Fox, Beck and Napolitano. So..I do like him..he's still in conversion though and I dont reckon he has much choice about those neo cons still coming on his show. Tones

Bruno
04-29-2009, 07:28 AM
I like Glenn Beck. I called the LP in washington to ask if they considered him sincere..and they said yes..they have been working closely with Fox, Beck and Napolitano. So..I do like him..he's still in conversion though and I dont reckon he has much choice about those neo cons still coming on his show. Tones

Did they think Bob Barr was sincere, too?

tonesforjonesbones
04-29-2009, 07:39 AM
I still think Bob Barr is sincere. People change. I didn't vote for Barr because of what he did to Ron Paul at that news conference...but I don't think that has anything to do with Bob Barr's conversion, I would say he got some bad advice. The LP told me last week on the phone that Ron Paul and Bob Barr meet regularly and they are still personal friends. They have evidently smoothed things over..so why should I hold a grudge? tones

heavenlyboy34
04-29-2009, 07:43 AM
3. Don't like Glen Beck

He's a misinformation agent, pretending to be on our side. Remember all the bad things he said about us last year? A leopard doesn't change its spots! He just "switched" so that he can feed us misinformation in a palatable form, part of the overall plan. He says a few good things that we will agree with, thinking he's on our side, gaining our trust. That lays the groundwork for the misinformation.

Gee, isn't that the classic description of a double agent in the spy business? Listen to what he says, then watch what he does. Make sure they match. (Hint: they won't)

lynn

I agree with Lynn. Don't trust the MSM, OP! :cool:

nobody's_hero
04-29-2009, 07:43 AM
Glenn Beck is a W.I.P. (Work In Progress).

ClayTrainor
04-29-2009, 07:56 AM
I formerly didn't mind him and was encouraged to see libertarianism in the news, but now I see him as a great liability to the liberty movement. Not only am I frightened by his sensationalist acting (coming from a self-proclaimed actor), but I'm also frightened by his over-inflated ego which is very evident as he makes himself out to be a lone crusader. His acting is so bombastic and attention-getting, that I'm worried he may have something terrible he's hiding which will come to bite us all in the ass if we embrace him.

I'm not calling him a plant, but I'm leaning toward discrediting him and dis-associating him from this movement. We really don't need an Alex Jones for Common-Sense Christian Conservatives. He can lead his own movement if he wants, but we're hardly allies. He does not nor will represent this movement, as much as he'd like to. Of course, I speak for myself only ;)

This is pretty dam close to how i feel.

I used to kinda-sorta watch him, and like him but, I also see him as a major obstacle for us to overcome as of lately.

ClayTrainor
04-29-2009, 08:00 AM

Sincere? Total BS, don't buy into it, no matter who tells you that.

This is the fakest crying i've ever seen. YouTube - GlennBeckisaCryBaby.com - Extended *English subtitles added* (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Ebo4UhloU)

Beck is a sensationalist, manipulating, charlatan. If he's not a charlatan than he's batshit crazy. This was obviously not sincere and was an act of marketing, because beck is a sensationalist charlatan :)

tonesforjonesbones
04-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Guess what Kludge...Glenn Beck is resonating with Millions of people and you aren't. tones

ClayTrainor
04-29-2009, 08:19 AM
Guess what Kludge...Glenn Beck is resonating with Millions of people and you aren't. tones

to be fair, Olbermann, Anderson Cooper and Bill O'Reilly also resonate with millions of people.

Beck is a charlatan, you must see that. How anyone cannot see that, is beyond me.

Charlatan:

"a flamboyant deceiver; one who attracts customers with tricks or jokes " - Princeton Dictionary

Beck is hurting us AT LEAST as much as he's helping, imo. He's not coming around, he's just manipulating our movement so they can try and get us to vote for more neo-cons in a few years.

Deborah K
04-29-2009, 08:24 AM
I think he's okay. I wouldn't say I trust him, but I would say he's a tool.....OUR tool....I've had much better luck converting people since he's been on Faux.

ClayTrainor
04-29-2009, 08:27 AM
I think he's okay. I wouldn't say I trust him, but I would say he's a tool.....OUR tool....I've had much better luck converting people since he's been on Faux.

Yes, that is definitely a positive thing for sure. I've also been able to get my parents to watch Glen Beck, and they are starting to come around to this message. ON the other hand, i think he makes us look stupid by association.

Beck will distort some things though, and put a neo-con twist on it. I have a feeling he will breed more neo-cons than Ron Paul Republicans, but not if people like you continue to keep waking people up :cool:

I agree, Beck is a tool. Both for Fox, and for us. Don't trust him, but use him :)

A. Havnes
04-29-2009, 09:25 AM

I agree with you, although I still say that rather than discredit him, try and use his words to further our own movement while keeping him at a distance. I think he's genuinely trying to help, but he slows us down.

kahless
04-29-2009, 10:05 AM
He seems to have come over to our side, learning and getting the message out there so I like him. However I am concerned I might be wrong about him and one day find that he waffles in an attempt to gain acceptance from people that will never accept our beliefs.

If anyone remembers years ago Hannity started out as a Conservative before turning into a supporter and promoter of hardcore big government Neocons. O'Rielly/Hannity are moderates that only take on the extreme left but some how people always seems to make them out to be a Conservative which I find disturbing. So this worries me that Foxnews may dilute the message. Beck seems to be learning and just hope he does not go down the same route or do something bizarre that will kill the movement.

weslinder
04-29-2009, 10:21 AM
I listen to Beck's radio show about half the time. I enjoy it. I watched his Headline News show some, and enjoyed it. I tried recording his FoxNews show, and I just couldn't get into it. He doesn't take himself as seriously on his radio show, and it makes for better entertainment.

emazur
04-29-2009, 10:36 AM
He's excellent on economic and fiscal issues
For other issues... he's off and on
He has some great guests (Ron Paul, Penn Jillette, Tom Woods, Gerald Celente, Judge Napolitano, etc.)
He has some bad guests (Rudy "911" Giuliani, Karl Rove, John Bolton, Bill O'Reilly)

It's definitely the best cable news show; i know, that isn't saying much. A million times better than Pawn Hannity or Shill O'Reilly though.

Agreed, but bottom line is I'm glad he's on. He still fears Iran/Terrorism too much though. And I prefer a more serious a more serious tone, but whatever.

kahless
04-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Agreed, but bottom line is I'm glad he's on. He still fears Iran/Terrorism too much though. And I prefer a more serious a more serious tone, but whatever.

I agree. He has to stop acting like a clown. Just because everyone else is calling you out like your crazy does not mean you have to play that part. People are going to stop taking him seriously if he continues down that path.

AZ Libertarian
04-29-2009, 11:01 AM
3. Don't like Glen Beck

lynn

What Lynn said.

Deborah K
04-29-2009, 11:24 AM
I agree. He has to stop acting like a clown. Just because everyone else is calling you out like your crazy does not mean you have to play that part. People are going to stop taking him seriously if he continues down that path.

Been watching him for over 2 years. That's the way he's always been.

Kludge
04-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Obama resonates with even more.

Hayek's arguments have proven true, and yet Keynes is the one who has led our nation to serfdom.

Anyway, I'm not too interested in whether I'm "right" or followed. I'm just stating my beliefs.

Working Poor
04-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Obama resonates with even more.

Hayek's arguments have proven true, and yet Keynes is the one who has led our nation to serfdom.

Anyway, I'm not too interested in whether I'm "right" or followed. I'm just stating my beliefs.

Kludge
04-29-2009, 12:25 PM

:confused:

Chester Copperpot
04-29-2009, 12:31 PM
i think beck is okay... i dont watch his show on tv... but i see an occasional youtube of him when its relevant

hotbrownsauce
04-29-2009, 12:35 PM
Glenn Beck was on my good side the first time I heard him before I knew about Paul. Then Beck was on my bad side for a while. Now Beck is on my good side again because of the shows I've seen of his he has helped spread messages I agree with to the masses.

Rangeley
04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
The real question for me is whether we are better off with an anchor on Fox News talking about the gold standard, our growing debt, the non-choice between most Republicans and Democrats, how both parties are to blame for our troubles, and the need for someone who legitimately follows the constitution. I don't agree with him on everything, and I don't think he's as helpful as he could be. But I think having someone agree with us on these important issues, even where there are other disagreements, is a net gain and a good thing for us.

MelissaCato
04-29-2009, 02:22 PM
I watched Glenn beck for a couple weeks. I haven't since the tea party. I'm still pissed at all of FOX for not airin' Freedom Watch on Cable.

I don't watch TV too much though. :cool:

Guess I'll turn him on .. it's about 3 mins till 5. :rolleyes:

Danke
04-29-2009, 02:33 PM
I still think Bob Barr is sincere. People change. I didn't vote for Barr because of what he did to Ron Paul at that news conference...but I don't think that has anything to do with Bob Barr's conversion, I would say he got some bad advice. The LP told me last week on the phone that Ron Paul and Bob Barr meet regularly and they are still personal friends. They have evidently smoothed things over..so why should I hold a grudge? tones

Weren't you saying to vote for McCain because it was more important to defeat Obama than waste a vote with a third party?

Danke
04-29-2009, 02:35 PM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/misc/unknown.gif

heavenlyboy34
04-29-2009, 02:56 PM
The real question for me is whether we are better off with an anchor on Fox News talking about the gold standard, our growing debt, the non-choice between most Republicans and Democrats, how both parties are to blame for our troubles, and the need for someone who legitimately follows the constitution. I don't agree with him on everything, and I don't think he's as helpful as he could be. But I think having someone agree with us on these important issues, even where there are other disagreements, is a net gain and a good thing for us.

But you must admit, he is marginalized by the neocons on that channel (O'Reily, etc.). To the average viewer, that diminishes the effectiveness of GB's contributions. :(:p IMHO, it is good to at least entertain the notion that he may be a double agent working for the neocons to hijack the message. :cool:

Athan
04-29-2009, 03:04 PM
I don't mind him.
I personally don't trust him, but the man is not a complete idiot like mark levin, hannity, and o'reilly.

p.s. if you put a poll up it shows you how certain users have responded if you check the results doesn't it? That may be more effective.

Rangeley
04-29-2009, 03:26 PM
But you must admit, he is marginalized by the neocons on that channel (O'Reily, etc.). To the average viewer, that diminishes the effectiveness of GB's contributions. :(:p IMHO, it is good to at least entertain the notion that he may be a double agent working for the neocons to hijack the message. :cool:
I think it actually works the other way. When you have someone on saying both parties are contributing to the problem, and follow him up with someone saying its all the Democrats and Obama, that message is the one that gets hurt most. Its not true, it doesn't hold up to analysis, and when people are given the chance to choose between the two I think the average person will pick the truth.

That viewpoint had a monopoly, pretty much, before Beck. Sure hes just one person, but sometimes all it takes is one person to stand up and others will follow. But even beyond that, once they start thinking, it will be easier for us to take them even further into the areas we disagree with Beck on.

Original_Intent
04-29-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't mind him.
I personally don't trust him, but the man is not a complete idiot like mark levin, hannity, and o'reilly.

p.s. if you put a poll up it shows you how certain users have responded if you check the results doesn't it? That may be more effective.

I agree with this opinion on Beck.

As far as the polls go, I think you can check an option so that you can see the specific users that answered each way. It warns the users that their responses will be visible.

Reason
04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
fck glen beck

Working Poor
04-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Kludge the 5*s meant I like your answer,,,

purplechoe
04-29-2009, 04:26 PM
That day he cried on the air is the day I realised that this man is not for real.

The nail in the coffin for me was when they had the Tea Party Rally and that one guy mentioned HR1207 and that there are other sources of information other than Fox, etc.. Glenn than turned to the camera and said that the man was "koo koo". No Glenn, you are!

kathy88
04-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Used to hate him. Now I think he's a tool with potential to be mildly useful in a pinch.

satchelmcqueen
04-29-2009, 05:48 PM
sometimes i like him, sometimes i dont. its good to hear what we stand for supported on national tv as he does a good bit of the time, but there are times when he goes the opposite way. im still on the fence.

i do find it funny when he has bill oriely on because beck will say something that makes a lot of sence, then bill will pretty much undermine what he just said right to his face like hes a little kid. i think beck started to show last time this happened that he was getting annoyed by that.

also some big time abc reporter was on the other day and beck laid out this big, "things dont make sence to me, what they are telling us..." and the abc guy pretty much dismissed it and beck got this look on his face you just had to see.

im hoping that if beck is legit on the way he acts and talks that things like this will make him snap and tells these guys to kiss his ass.

he did have the best coverage of the tea parties though hands down.

satchelmcqueen
04-29-2009, 05:50 PM
That day he cried on the air is the day I realised that this man is not for real.

The nail in the coffin for me was when they had the Tea Party Rally and that one guy mentioned HR1207 and that there are other sources of information other than Fox, etc.. Glenn than turned to the camera and said that the man was "koo koo". No Glenn, you are!

im pretty sure he was being sarcastic and mocking the government on that one. i still have it on dvr. i dont think he meant it that way. just sayin;)

BarryDonegan
04-29-2009, 06:06 PM
hes a little behind the curve but hes learning.

Imperial
04-29-2009, 08:02 PM
He contemplated voting for Bob Barr, and may have in the end. I think he has a much more open mind than the other pundits, unless you mention the words communism or socialism.

Peace&Freedom
04-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Let him fully take back his statements calling for the arrests of Paul supporters and liberty movement people. Until then, nothing has changed.