PDA

View Full Version : Forced to vaccinate?

eOs
04-28-2009, 04:50 PM
A major outbreak of Duck flu has hit the United States. The disease spreads rather quickly airborne. Some people are refusing to get vaccinated due to USSR flu vaccine propaganda. They do not know if they are infected yet, but chances are likely, as 90% of the population in which they live are. The people that are refusing want to visit a heavily populated, but uninfected area of the country. Can they be restrained, or forced to vaccinate in a libertarian society?

dannno
04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Assuming the vaccine works, then the people who get the vaccine should have little or nothing to worry about. Why should they care if somebody else doesn't want to get vaccinated? The chances are very small that they will get the duck flu if they are vaccinated with a good vaccine.

If the vaccine doesn't work, then why give to people?

eOs
04-28-2009, 05:18 PM
Because the city they are going to is not vaccinated yet, the virus has not even come close to spreading there. This means that an entire new population could get infected by these people refusing to vaccinate.

LibForestPaul
04-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Taze their asses, then quarantine.

dannno
04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Because the city they are going to is not vaccinated yet, the virus has not even come close to spreading there. This means that an entire new population could get infected by these people refusing to vaccinate.

Have the people who are worried been vaccinated yet?

If person A doesn't want to be vaccinated, and person B is worried about person A, then vaccinate person B and leave person A alone.

almantimes2
04-28-2009, 06:14 PM
I will take the Vaccination after it has been available for awhile.
This way I can get a good opinion on whether it's safe or not.

nayjevin
04-28-2009, 06:34 PM
I think the city-state to which they wish to travel has the right to restrict visitors into it, but I don't think it would be fair to keep people from leaving a libertarian city-state.

Roxi
04-28-2009, 07:48 PM
I think the city-state to which they wish to travel has the right to restrict visitors into it, but I don't think it would be fair to keep people from leaving a libertarian city-state.

this is kinda what i was thinking.... the citizens of the location where the people want to travel to should stand at the borders and not allow entry, but they shouldn't be forced to be quarantined or inoculated