PDA

View Full Version : Man posted tea party death threats on Twitter

Bryan
04-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Hopefully this explains just one part of why we have this forum guideline:
+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

Man posted tea party death threats on Twitter
By Amanda Carpenter on April 26, 2009 into The Back Story

A 52-year-old Oklahoma City man was arrested on tax day for threatening to kill people attending a taxpayer tea party protest at the state Capitol.

News of the arrest came after the Department of Homeland Security issued a controversial report warning of the increase in violent "right-wing extremism in the United States."

According to an FBI criminal complaint, Daniel Knight Hayden, who went by the name CitizenQuasar on a popular microblogging site, threatened murder on several occasions in the run-up to tax day.

On April 11 he posted a message on Twitter that said,"The WAR wWIL [sic] start on the stepes [sic] of the Oklahoma State Capitol. I will cast the first stone."

That message was followed by others that said, ""START THE KILLING NOW" and "After I am killed on the Capitol Steps, like a REAL man, the rest of you will REMEMBER ME!!!" He also wrote "I really don't give a (expletive) anymore. Send the cops around. I will cut their heads off the heads and throw the(m) on the State Capitol steps."

Continued:
http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/back-story/2009/apr/26/man-posted-tea-party-death-threats-on-twitter

kathy88
04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Hopefully this explains just one part of why we have this forum guideline:
+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

Man posted tea party death threats on Twitter
By Amanda Carpenter on April 26, 2009 into The Back Story

A 52-year-old Oklahoma City man was arrested on tax day for threatening to kill people attending a taxpayer tea party protest at the state Capitol.

News of the arrest came after the Department of Homeland Security issued a controversial report warning of the increase in violent "right-wing extremism in the United States."

According to an FBI criminal complaint, Daniel Knight Hayden, who went by the name CitizenQuasar on a popular microblogging site, threatened murder on several occasions in the run-up to tax day.

On April 11 he posted a message on Twitter that said,"The WAR wWIL [sic] start on the stepes [sic] of the Oklahoma State Capitol. I will cast the first stone."

That message was followed by others that said, ""START THE KILLING NOW" and "After I am killed on the Capitol Steps, like a REAL man, the rest of you will REMEMBER ME!!!" He also wrote "I really don't give a (expletive) anymore. Send the cops around. I will cut their heads off the heads and throw the(m) on the State Capitol steps."

Continued:
http://washingtontimes.com/weblogs/back-story/2009/apr/26/man-posted-tea-party-death-threats-on-twitter

Good Call Bryan :)