PDA

View Full Version : Internet "Fairness doctrine"

Original_Intent
04-28-2009, 12:54 PM
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=96301

WASHINGTON – Barack Obama's nominee for "regulatory czar" has advocated a "Fairness Doctrine" for the Internet that would require opposing opinions be linked and also has suggested angry e-mails should be prevented from being sent by technology that would require a 24-hour cooling off period.

click link for entire sickening article.

"A system of limitless individual choices, with respect to communications, is not necessarily in the interest of citizenship and self-government," he wrote. "Democratic efforts to reduce the resulting problems ought not be rejected in freedom's name."

Fluent NewSpeak

Original_Intent
04-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Sorry had the wrong link - fixed

GBurr
04-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow, 1984 anyone

LibForestPaul
04-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Not that this is out of realm of possibly, but any MSM sources - in case I want to forward this to doubters.

silverhawks
04-28-2009, 06:44 PM
It's official.

These people are INSANE, and power-mad beyond imagining.

The ONLY way that they could enforce this is mandatory government-approved spyware on every computer, scanning every email you write before you send it out, blocking and censoring content according to government-approved restrictions.

And if an application is capable of that, its also going to be capable of censoring message board posts and reporting every piece of information back to the government.

This is 1984 made real.

How can limitless choice be anti-democratic?!

How can one or two government-approved opinions represent freedom?

What kind of mentality would you have to have to view limitless choice as a "problem" that needs to be "reduced"?

We need to get working hard to wake people up, and get these people out of our lives for good, whether by intellectual revolution and entrepreneurial innovation to break our dependence on government, or by other means. I would prefer a peaceful revolution, but I'm not naive in thinking these people will unleash horror upon the world to achieve their aims and usher in an age of slavery and totalitarianism. Make no mistake, they are utterly amoral.

These people present a clear and present danger to every free individual on the planet, and either we fight for our freedom now, or abdicate responsibility to our children and grandchildren.

I cannot envision the sick, claustrophobic corporate nightmare that these people want our children to grow up in.