PDA

View Full Version : Stubborn Friend. How to change them?

KingPum
04-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Having a discussion with my friend on Facebook. I've posted something like this before. It has interesting info. Anyway, here it is:

Me: (status) finally got his unemployment checks

Friend 1: Better thank your president for that :)

Me: HA! I'd thank him if he would eliminate taxes aka THEFT thus creating more jobs and ending 11% unemployment in CA!

Friend 1: lol, I knew you wouldn't thank him. Funny to take--- but still hate ;)

Friend 2: No taxes? Who would pay your unemployment lol

Me: Geez! It's like I'm listening to a debate on CNN. Once 2012 comes hopefully people will realize the wool that has been pulled over their eyes by the same people they put so much trust into and who have screwed them over generation after generation. Until then I'll continue being the crazy guy. Anyway. I wouldn't be on unemployment because the government wouldn't be stealing my money. I could survive on a minimum wage job. Imagine that....

Friend 2: Without taxes you would have no fire department to call if your house caught fire, no police to speak of to keep someone from taking all you own. There would be no roads to drive on, no water pumped to your house or electricity. Yes, you would save what? 10% of your wages? And if you hurt yourself on the job or were fired there would be no safety ... Read Morenet, no uncle sam to pay your bills for you.

If you want to talk "survival," you can survive on a minimum wage job now. No one is forcing you to own a car. You're living the good life, doing what you want while your government keeps you afloat.

Anarchy isnt the bad ass fun and games people seem to think it is. 2012 will the the same as 2008 and 2004 and so on for a reason. It works.

Me: We had no income tax before 1914 and America prospered. If you think "it works" that ONE percent of Americans possess more wealth than the COMBINED wealth of the bottom NINETY percent, then you are either naive or a tool.

That one percent has so much freaking technology and is 10,000 years ahead of us with black technology. (according to many ex-... Read Moregovernment sources). Our system isn't WORKING - we are slaves. The matrix is real and you are still plugged in. (Not literally but very close) If those elite that control EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE were to lose power because people like ME like to sit around and find out how badly they've been getting screwed by a system that threw them overboard in 1913, every person on this planet regardless of their income would have an unbelievable increase in their standard of living. No more staying with mom and pop until you're 25-30. You can move out whenever you want.

You'd have free energy (going back to black technology), so no more $200 electric bill every month. You would have free transportation and no maintenance on your car that has not improved in mileage for decades. (reason for that) Everyone deserves to achieve their dream, and it can be done for free. If the wealthy were not so greedy/power-hungry. ... Read MoreReliable(ha..) source: http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/09/05/wow.tech.black.world/

To go right to anarchy is very extreme. I advocate Libertarianism which is absolute freedom which every single person on this planet deserves. Life is "hard" and people are apathetic because the wealthy make it that way. Read between the lines and free your mind.

Friend 2: Lets think this through logically.

Lets presume I have the capability to create "free" energy. Presumably this system cost me money to develop. A lot of money. Billions, if not trillions of dollars. Also lets assume that methods of transportation (power lines, etc) don't spring up out of the ground from me wishing it were so. Now let's take into account what it would take for me to provide this service to one of the largest nations in the world. I would then become accountable for providing that service indefinitely, correct? Regardless of fires, snow storms, heat waves, people would want/need their power. I will need a crew (substantially large) to maintain current service and expand to new homes. Assuming I for some reason decide to provide this commodity for free, what do I pay my staff with? Where do I get my funding?

You know what it costs to take a mile of power lines down and put it underground like they did in our neighborhoods the last few years? ... Read More

$2 million.

A mile.

If you want to know why the system is what it is, do some actual research. Harold Faulkner's "Decline of Laissez Faire" is a good place to start if you want to know why the government started intervening in commerce (and why small business requested it). As far as taxes go, the initiation of income tax wasn't the first time the government collected ... Read Moremoney. It was called tariffs. Every functioning government (Communist, Democratic, Libertarian etc) needs funding. Every government needs laws for the people or you become a failed state. To truly provide "absolute freedom" you would have to accept that people would consolidate their wealth and power over people that have less or none. Essentially it would be a return to the feudal era.

As for the "naive" or "tool" labels you choose to cast out over any that don't agree with you, I would like to suggest you go to a country where per capita income is measured in pennies per day and tell me the American system doesn't work.

The single check you got from the government for NOT having a job is the equivalent to what entire families ... Read Moremake in a year.

What you need to differentiate between is the people that are truly apathetic and the people that are sensible. If I was the mindless drone you make me out to be, I would have just told you to shut up you crazy fool and get a job like a normal person.

Friend 1: WHO stays at home with mom and pop till your 30?!!? And you said it... those who get off their lazy bum are those who make it. They sky won't open and the angels won't sing if you are home just sitting on your ass.

----------------------------------

And that's where it ended. What do you guys think?

Agent CSL
04-28-2009, 12:16 PM
I think you need to research more before taking on excellent debaters. ;) They make good points, but they have holes all over. It's a battle of ideology and proof, and you have to bring it to the table. Please keep learning.

KingPum
04-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Fair enough. What I responded with:

Eric(my brother) is an example of someone who is still living with the parents. He has his school loans to pay off, yeah, but education could be free and should be. Memorizing something and throwing it back up for a professor does not make you a valuable citizen. It makes you a gear in the system.

Because you sidestepped black technology I will go ahead and ... Read Moresidestep your talk of money. The debate doesn't have to be this involved. All you have to do is look at why every war was started. World War 1, 2, vietnam, nuking japan. All of these crimes were commited because of greed by the agressors. (Rockefeller, Rothschild to name a few) They were able to get us behind those atrocities how? By having people like you support the system and throw your tax money to the wind believing they care where they spend it when they go blow up buildings with innocent children and scare the shit out of people that deserve to live in peace. Once we stop occupying countries in the world and "promoting democracy" and "fighting terorrism" I will start to trust my government a little more. Hey, maybe even join the armed forces if I believed they were defending America. All they're defending is the wealthy families and a lot of them are realizing that now. YouTube - Pete Hegseth Debates Mark Dice on Fox News (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-FwDEuVp78)

Njon
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
My favorite tool against the income tax: America: Freedom to Fascism - Director's Authorized Version (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173)

JdotRdot
04-28-2009, 01:02 PM
your friend is relating everything in today's costly terms...he's also overlooking partnerships & human nature. humans invented out of curiosity mostly, not the thought of wealth...& a lot of inventions were just accidents

communities themselves used to handle most of the things he's arguing about (policing,fire fighting,roads,mail) government intervention has just made all of these inefficient

Hawaii citizens band together and build road
Their livelihood was being threatened, and they were tired of waiting for government help, so business owners and residents on Hawaii's Kauai island pulled together and completed a $4 million repair job to a state park -- for free.
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/04/09/hawaii.volunteers.repair/

that's what life would be like if the government butted out permanently