news network over the weekend:

"The World Health Organization is set to declare the deadly swine flu virus
outbreak in Mexico and the U.S. a global concern...potentially prompting
travel advisories...

An emergency committee of the WHO in Geneva will declare the outbreak
"a public health event of international concern" in a teleconference that
began at 4 p.m. today, said the person, who spoke on condition of anonymity
because the meeting is confidential."

If you're over 40, you've seen the "swine flu" routine before.

It came out of the blue. The government created hysteria
over it and tried to herd everyone into mandatory vaccinations.

The vaccinations killed and disabled numerous people
before they were discontinued.

Here's some material about ANOTHER government/media
created hysteria-hoax, avian bird flu.

The mechanics are the same.

This video starts slow, but is worth watching and studying.

Details:

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/609.html

Vessol
04-28-2009, 01:48 PM
Except that the 1970's swine flu scare only killed 1 person and infected a small number before they were quarantined and the situation was taken care of. This however has been hidden too long by the incapable hands of the Mexican government and now is completely out of control and spreading like wildfire.

This actually did not come out of the blue, I've been watching news about it from Mexico since late March. It just didn't hit the mainstream media until last Friday.

Also how many people took the vaccines? 40 million people, 24% of the populace from what I've heard? How many people died? 25 people. So 0.000000625% of those who took the swine flu vaccine died from it. Obviously regrettable, but statistically wise it's bound to happen.

Also avian bird flu may have been overhyped by the media, but it indeed poses a very dangerous risk, with a 50% fatality rate. It has not evolved to transfer between human to human though.

Deborah K
04-28-2009, 02:00 PM
In 2003 the media was hyping the SARS outbreak.

Vessol
04-28-2009, 02:13 PM
In 2003 the media was hyping the SARS outbreak.

Well what do you expect from the media? They are after all a part of the free market and want to make a profit by selling the story.

Deborah K
04-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Well what do you expect from the media? They are after all a part of the free market and want to make a profit by selling the story.

Is your tongue in your cheek? I don't know you so I can't tell.

Vessol
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Is your tongue in your cheek? I don't know you so I can't tell.

Actually it's not. Yes big corporations own the media companies. But when it comes down to it they are in it for the profit. The media overhypes everything, they are afterall-trying to sell a story. Now if this is ethical or morally right, is a whole other argument.
I'm just pointing out that the media over sensationalizes anything, they are after all, in it for a profit. More viewers of a hot story=More ad revenue.