PDA

View Full Version : MMS: The Real Deal, or Just Another Snake Oil?

gb13
04-28-2009, 10:56 AM
OK, so this is a discussion thread on the "Miracle Mineral Supplement".

I don't know much about this supplement; in fact, I've only found out about it recently. I've always been very interested in (and knowledgeable about) alternative medicine, so naturally I'm wondering I haven't heard more about it. I'm very interested in learning more, as I'm sure many of us are.

Anyone here who has experience with MMS want to shed some light on this interesting and mysterious supplement? Third-party resources, Links to actual studies done, and any other tangible evidence of efficacy or inefficacy (preferably NOT from the manufacturers/suppliers/promoters) are especially helpful.

Links to REPUTABLE SUPPLIERS would be appreciated as well.

To start off, here are some links to sites about MMS for anyone who doesn't know anything about it:

MiracleMineral.org (http://www.miraclemineral.org)
www.miracle-mineral-supplement.com/
MMS De-Mystified (http://phaelosopher.wordpress.com/2007/09/09/no-miracle-just-wonderful-chemistry/)

furnitureguy
04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I tried it and it sucked. My wife tried it and it sucked too. I gave it to my massage therapist and he hated it also. Everyone that likes it seems to be very unhealthy. It's like drinking clorox.

From what I hear, you should take 1 drop for a week, then 2 drops, 3 drops, etc. And you MUST also do colonics almost daily to keep up with the detox.
The question is, are you detoxing and killing bacteria, etc or is it itself a poison.

It may be good for life or death situations as it possibly could kill bacteria/viruses. If I were faced with death, I may try it again..........maybe.

That's my personal experience and I'm not a doctor.

JMHO

Paul
Clearwater Ron Paul Group Organizer

tmosley
04-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Chlorine dioxide is POISON. STOP TAKING IT IMMEDIATELY. IT WILL KILL OR SERIOUSLY INJURE YOU.

It can be used to disinfect water, but taking it directly in a dose strong enough to kill bacteria or viruses will also kill every cell in your body. It is a more powerful oxidizer at human pH than bleach, if that tells you anything.

zach
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
"The government in Guyana stopped me because several American drug companies called down there and said, told them, that if they didn’t stop “the guy that was curing malaria” that they were going to stop shipping drugs to the local hospital."

http://www.projectcamelot.net/jim_humble.html
^^Taken from the transcript - Interview from Project Camelot

If the American government is forcing someone independent of them to stop using their medicine that actually saves health, then you have to wonder why they are being forceful about this.

Ninja Homer
04-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Chlorine dioxide is POISON. STOP TAKING IT IMMEDIATELY. IT WILL KILL OR SERIOUSLY INJURE YOU.

It can be used to disinfect water, but taking it directly in a dose strong enough to kill bacteria or viruses will also kill every cell in your body. It is a more powerful oxidizer at human pH than bleach, if that tells you anything.

Almost everything is poison, depending on dosage. With MMS, it's about 1 PPM. To be more specific, MMS is 28% sodium chlorite, and you mix up to 15 drops of it with up to 75 drops of an acid to create a small amount of chlorine dioxide on demand.

This explains it well: http://phaelosopher.wordpress.com/2007/09/09/no-miracle-just-wonderful-chemistry/

gb13
04-28-2009, 06:18 PM

(Emphasis added)

This is true, but, apparently when taken internally, it is used in minute quantities. For the record, I've never taken it. Supposedly over 75,000 people have been treated for many different diseases with MMS at a very high success rate. I don't know anything of the accuracy of these claims, but one of the sites I posted has a book that you can download by the guy who first used it in humans. Supposedly it goes deeper into the chemistry of MMS. Haven't had time to read it though...

According to their claims, when you have taken MMS in a sufficient dose to kill pathogens, it makes you nauseous and can even cause diarrhea or vomiting. They say this is the result of your body ridding itself of pathogens/impurities and is evidence that the MMS is working. But, who knows?... maybe those are actually the symptoms of mild chlorine dioxide poisoning.

That is why I set up this thread. To attempt to get some impartial truth out there regarding this substance. :cool:

Ninja Homer
04-28-2009, 07:22 PM
http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=871
The MMS support forum at curezone.com - 80 pages of discussion, testimonials, etc. There's currently lots of discussion about how to use it with the flu.

I've used MMS quite a bit. I guess the most amazing thing that it has done for me is it cured an abscessed tooth after about 2 days of rinsing my mouth with it 3 times a day. Dentistry doesn't have anything that can compare to those results. That was about 2 years ago, and I haven't had any further problems with the tooth. If I had a dentist take care of the abscess, it most likely would have been a root canal.

happyhouse
05-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Hello

The MMS debate goes on, it would seem!

I first used MMS quite some time ago, and now use it primarily as a sanitizer of food and such. We find it works really well on our chicken and poultry farm in the drinking water of our animals and as an egg cleaning agent. Since employing chlorine dioxide into our regime, we suffer very little illness with our livestock.

Anyways, I firstly come accross MMS when in need of help with a chronic parasite infection, as nothing else was working, except from making me ill! For me, without going into some of the more intimate details of what was eliminated, lets just say that it pretty much killed all of the nasties I was hosting at the time - much to my relief!

The taste at high doses though is tough to stomach, for me at least anyway!...

When I was purchasing a personal supply (not commercially as we do now), I sourced mine at http://www.mmshealthy4life.com/ whilst learning about other peoples experience at http://www.mmshealthyforlife.com/

Hope this helps...

Adam

cradle2graveconservative
05-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Edit

Ninja Homer
05-25-2009, 06:53 AM
This is not safe stuff to take. It does, in fact, do a very good job of killing viruses, microbes, etc. but it also does a very good job of killing anything and everything. You could (quite literally) accomplish the same thing by drinking bleach.

Read this: http://phaelosopher.wordpress.com/2007/09/09/no-miracle-just-wonderful-chemistry/

In part:
"Once it is introduced into the bloodstream, chlorine dioxide performs a highly energetic acceptance of four electrons when it comes across any cell that is below a pH value of 7. This means that diseased cells are essentially vaporized (i.e., “oxidized”) while healthy cells are unaffected.

Here is how it happens.

Red blood cells that are normal carriers of oxygen throughout the body do not differentiate between chlorine dioxide and oxygen. Therefore, after ingesting the MMS/chlorine dioxide-rich solution, red blood cells pick up chlorine dioxide ions that are deposited on the stomach wall where it normally gathers nutrients of various kinds before journeying through the body.

Then, when the red blood cells armed with chlorine dioxide encounter parasites, fungi, or diseased cells that all have low pH and a positive ionic charge, the “aliens” are destroyed along with the chlorine dioxide ion. If no such encounters occur, the chlorine dioxide will be carried to a point in the body where oxygen normally oxidizes poisons and other harmful agents.

If the chlorine dioxide doesn’t hit anything that can set it off, it will deteriorate, and thus lose an electron or two. This may allow it to combine with a very important substance that the immune system uses to make hypochlorous acid. This compound kills pathogens, killer cells, and even cancerous cells. Hypochlorous acid is so important, its diminished presence in the body is described medically by the term myeloperoxidase deficiency.

Many people are afflicted by this condition. The immune system needs a great deal more hypochlorous acid when disease is present. Facilitated by the MMS solution, chlorine dioxide delivers it in spades, as does magnesium chloride, but that’s another part of the health discussion.

The most salient point to know, is that chlorine dioxide has 100 times more energy to do what oxygen normally does, and yet, will not harm healthy cells."

zach
05-25-2009, 07:18 AM
I've taken it for over a week now, and I'm up to 11 drops twice a day.
I haven't felt nauseous yet, although I do live healthily, so I'm waiting for something to hit.

If it killed everything, then I'd probably be dead now. But I'm not, so it doesn't.

juice797
05-25-2009, 07:56 AM
MMS isn't like most other alternative supplements. It's a chemotherapy - it isn't an herb or a vitamin or a mineral. So, it's important to be more careful with it than you would with any of those other much safer things.

zach
05-25-2009, 08:01 AM
MMS isn't like most other alternative supplements. It's a chemotherapy - it isn't an herb or a vitamin or a mineral. So, it's important to be more careful with it than you would with any of those other much safer things.

It's chlorine dioxide.. much like oxygen on speed in terms of how it kills the bad things in your body. Or it's sodium chloride.. I forget. Either way, it diminishes into salt after its job is done.

Definitely important to be careful with it, and this is why Jim Humble, the maker, suggests that you start out on one drop a day in the morning and evening, so you don't "shock" your body with the elimination. Then you up the dosage every day so your body gets used to it slowly and safely.

Working Poor
05-25-2009, 02:31 PM
There is no doubt that most people have mineral deficiency because the foods we eat are so overly processed.

I have not tried your product. I do know that the amounts of minerals we need occur in wholesome foods in trace amounts.

I get most of my trace minerals from eating a good diet I also use a course sea salt that I grind myself.

juice797
05-25-2009, 04:41 PM
The Herxheimer reaction is real and results whenever a large amount of bacteria/fungus/whatever dies inside your body and some symptoms appear to get worse.

However, MMS causes a toxicity reaction, which is a different beast altogether.

cradle2graveconservative
05-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Edit

happyhouse
06-02-2009, 06:30 AM
Hello

I see that the verdict is still out regarding MMS, or better known as Miracle Mineral Supplement. I have tried it for a parasite infection that I had and found hard to shift, and let me say the little buggers were deffinately vacated!

I can say so though that in the higher doses it is difficult to swallow, and even difficult to keep down! In all honesty, I can stomach most things, but this almost took the biscuit, it really did!

What I can say though is that it is powerful medicine, and it is only that I am fairly healthy that I stopped to take the solution, but then again, if I were gravely ill, I would persist and endure the chlorine like stink in order to kill whatever is in there.

I bought mine quite some time ago from www.mmshealthy4life.com - but it was a while ago so do not know if they are still there.

To good health...

zach
06-02-2009, 07:05 AM
I got to 11 drops before I became very averse to it..

Unless you have something debilitating within your body, or your lifestyle is really crappy in health terms, then I would only take this in the case of an emergency or if you need to rid something else of germs.

If you want to stomach that much for a while to be completely rid of pathogens, then by all means.

However, I did find that using Murray's apple juice (the raw, unfiltered kind) covered the smell quite well, and you can't even taste the stuff after you pour it in the cup.

Johnnybags
06-02-2009, 10:09 AM
If you believe in it make your own. Its like a salt water chlorinator for your pool. A little water, a little salt and a little dc electricity.