PDA

View Full Version : Pre-organizing Thread - LibertyRide

ronpaulhawaii
04-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the Liberty Ride section of Liberty Forest. Thanks for looking in. Here we will plan and document a cross country bicycle journey spreading the message of liberty.

This will all grow and will be expanded, for now, on this thread; check-in, say hi, etc.

:D

Don't Tread on Mike
04-28-2009, 02:22 PM
From the Statue of Liberty to Alcatraz if I'm not mistaken. Representing "Freedom to Fascism"

ronpaulhawaii
04-28-2009, 02:42 PM
From the Statue of Liberty to Alcatraz if I'm not mistaken. Representing "Freedom to Fascism"

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs029.snc1/3176_96114417952_663957952_2475952_770393_n.jpg

That'll be the one :eek:

Thanks for checking in :), hopefully it'll be even better than the last

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs029.snc1/3176_96567772952_663957952_2482902_6111042_n.jpg

hehe - :D

kathy88
04-28-2009, 02:52 PM
When about is this going to take place? Interested.

muzzled dogg
04-28-2009, 03:32 PM
o rlyyyyyyyyyyy

ronpaulhawaii
04-28-2009, 03:48 PM
When about is this going to take place? Interested.

Thanks for your interest :)

Start date is May 24th ~ 10am at the Statue of Liberty
Should be done July 25th at Alcatraz

Map is here

http://c4liberty.com/?p=127

Master List of Dates/Counties/Towns is here

http://c4liberty.com/?page_id=139

:eek: :D

Danke
04-28-2009, 04:18 PM
looks like some of that might be along the old route 66?

ronpaulhawaii
04-28-2009, 04:23 PM
looks like some of that might be along the old route 66?

Yeppers :D

http://www.univie.ac.at/Anglistik/easyrider/data/graphics/ROUTE66.JPG

:eek:;):cool:

kathy88
04-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh crud. I can't read. I thought it was a motorcylce ride. You people are truly nuts! Driving in a car in north jersey is insane :)

ronpaulhawaii
04-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Oh crud. I can't read. I thought it was a motorcylce ride. You people are truly nuts! Driving in a car in north jersey is insane :)

I dont think anywhere could be as insane as pedaling into Arlington, during rush hour, in the freezing rain, and getting caught out where bicycles rarely tread :eek:.

Are you from Northern Jersey? I'm looking for a Hudson County resident to help go over my map and let me know if I am planning to pedal through some crazy construction zone/etc... Google Earth can only tell me so much... If you are in Jersey, we could really use your help, easy stuff for everyone, (except for the pedaling - haha)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=190478

angelatc
04-29-2009, 05:08 PM
Michael, just for the record, Columbus, Ohio is in Franklin County.

kathy88
04-29-2009, 05:50 PM
My hats off to you guys. Brave indeed :) Arlington, huh? Okay. I'll bet it's similar.

ronpaulhawaii
04-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Michael, just for the record, Columbus, Ohio is in Franklin County.

Thanks, fixed on my spreadsheet. That's exactly what I need y'all for.

So, about that Illinois section... ;) You know anyone down there?

My hats off to you guys. Brave indeed :) Arlington, huh? Okay. I'll bet it's similar.

haha- thanks, I'm hoping to minimize those type situations on this ride.

heavenlyboy34
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Too bad you won't be coming through my town, or else I'd say hi in person when ya come through. :(

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm simplifying things, here is a draft internal press release (please help proof-read/tweak - I'm a klutz, and loath writing in third person):

For Immediate Release 4/28/09 – For more information contact; “Michael Maresco” - info@libertyrider.com (media@libertyrider.com)

Political Mileage – Be a Part of Something Big

The Ron Paul Rider is at it again... Herding cats from the freedom movement known as the r3VOLution, Michael Maresco is getting back on his bicycle to help spread the message, coast to coast. Going from the Statue of Liberty, to Alcatraz, the undercurrent of the trip is, “America; Freedom to Fascism.”

Named “Ride for Honesty”, it will attempt to promote honest discussions on problems facing our country, and the solutions promoted by the r3VOLution. In addition to the normal canvassing associated with such a stunt, the event will attempt to build rapport between local activists, and county sheriffs all along the route. The idea was born in an online discussion of Sheriff Richard Mack’s latest book, “The County Sheriff- America’s Last Hope” and how “we should all deliver them to our sheriff’s.” Thinking on the worth of that idea, this project was born..

In addition to Sheriff Mack’s small book, Campaign for Liberty has generously provided 100 copies of “The Revolution; A Manifesto”. Also included in the delivery pack will be a DVD of Dr. Edwin Vieira’s, “Power of the Purse and Sword” speech. Basically, an introduction to a r3VOLution that highlights love, honor, respect.

Ways you can help:

Covering the States of NJ, PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, OK, NM, AZ, NV, and CA, the hope is to meet, and interview for a blog, a string of supporters across this great nation. whose simple task will be to help get the books into the right hands and see that Michael's route for their area is safe, and sound. At 94 counties, it’s a pretty big herd of cats, any networking help will be golden. If you live in, or know folk along the route, please become part of the it by emailing, locals@libertyrider.com , including your state’s abbreviation in the subject line.

It is hoped that the trip inspires others to reach out and build better rapport with officials in their county, in that regard, networked blogging will be golden, as well, If you want to help document the project on your favorite social network, become a part of it by emailing socialnet@libertyrider.com

If you are work in any form of media, and want to help promote this event, be a part of it by emailing media@libertyrider.com

And finally, this all costs money, and anyone can “be a part of it” by chipping in $17.76 here.

[/URL][url]http://michael4rpr.chipin.com/ride-for-honesty-support (http://michael4rpr.chipin.com/ride-for-honesty-support)

Bio - Michael Maresco was living an idyllic life, on the Hawaiian island of Kaua’i, when he was astounded by the spontaneous uprising of support for Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential run. He wasted no time in joining the rVOLUtion and was one of the original members of Hawaii Meet-up #112. He first organized his meet up to help with a 130 mile 5 day Walk for Ron Paul, in the early summer of ‘07, building the group. By winter 07 he had one upped that stunt with a 3500 mile bicycle trip across the USA, (on his first ever roadbike, a $250 Schwinn from WalMart.) Pulling a trailer festooned with signage he distributed materials, made the front page multiple times, got interviewed on local Fox, and generally built support for the Good Doctor, while inspiring others to step outside the box and get into the streets.

Following that, Michael got into GOTV mode and volunteered for OLFD in NH, he went to SC, and covered two precincts in NY State. In early spring of ‘08 he went to TX to help with the primary challenge for Ron Paul’s congressional seat, and spearheaded a phone bank getting people to the caucuses. During the District 14 effort the Revolution March started gaining steam and Michael was recruited onto the core team, who pulled off that pure grassroots event with style. From there Michael was recruited onto the Walk4Freedom crew, who walked 300 miles across Wisconsin to the Rally For The Republic, holding townhall meetings and handing out Pocket Constitutions all along the way. He was then asked to accompany and assist the producers of the docum3ntary project; For Liberty, where his intimate knowledge of the players and progression of the r3VOLution came in handy. By then it was fall and time to go help GOTV for BJ Lawson. Since the election, he has volunteered and helped promote; both End the Feds, the Boston Tea Party 08, CPAC09 , and the recent Rally on Lexington Green (hosted by Committees of Safety and attended by Oath-Keepers.)

And with this latest venture he shows no signs of letting up…

In addition, as a moderator on Ron Paul Forums he has helped raise money for all of the above, and countless other small, and large projects. Now, he is asking for your help. Donate today.

Roxi
04-30-2009, 02:27 PM
very awesome write up!

i think i responded this in another thread, but id like to reiterate... I would love to help with absolutely anything i can, and i will be spreading the word like crazy!

we would love for you to come through here, and if you need a place to stay you are more than welcome, if you can't make it down here, we will try to get a ride to meet up with you somewhere and at least buy you dinner... (or whatever meal coincides with your visit)

we are located off of hwy 23 5 miles south of the missouri border.

Also please let me know anything i can do to help out from here!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2009, 04:05 PM
very awesome write up!

i think i responded this in another thread, but id like to reiterate... I would love to help with absolutely anything i can, and i will be spreading the word like crazy!

we would love for you to come through here, and if you need a place to stay you are more than welcome, if you can't make it down here, we will try to get a ride to meet up with you somewhere and at least buy you dinner... (or whatever meal coincides with your visit)

we are located off of hwy 23 5 miles south of the missouri border.

Also please let me know anything i can do to help out from here!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!

:D - haha - love you guys :)

I was hoping you and Jay could help most on the website/RPFs crew. I'll need help managing the data, condensing it for the site, and making www.rideforhonesty.com presentable to the general public. I will have limited time and hope to just upload to youtube and a blog thread here... Rachel McIntosh is heading up PR/Media and will be helping on the website, as well as a few others I hope to rassle up...

But, what I'd really love for you to take on... :eek: is national grassroots volunteer co-ordinator :D haha

Allison Gibbs (CfL Dir. of Outreach) is helping cat-herd on the CfL side. What I need is someone (hopefully you) to co-ordinate, and to man the grassroots recruiting email address (right now is locals@libertyrider.com - could be anything...)

I wish I could change the route drastically, but it takes a LOT of work to map/etc. The sad fact is that I originally looked going through ARK, but found the eastern approach was a bit... hilly ;) for our purposes... You are the second person to make me re-visit that decision today.

Which seques nicely into announcing that word has been spreading, and I was invited onto blogtalkradio tonight by your state CfL organizer Caleb :cool:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Patriot-Pastors

Let me know if you want to take on any, or all of the above, PM me a suitible address for an account at the site...

and thanks again

m

onward and forward

ronpaulhawaii
04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Patriot-Pastors/2009/05/01/LibertyRider-Michael-Maresco-Rides-Again

10 minutes to go bump, call in and make me work for the money I'm gonna ask of y'all :D

DirtMcGirt
04-30-2009, 08:41 PM
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Patriot-Pastors/2009/05/01/LibertyRider-Michael-Maresco-Rides-Again

10 minutes to go bump, call in and make me work for the money I'm gonna ask of y'all :D

Call-in Number: (646) 929-0529

acptulsa
05-01-2009, 06:32 AM
That portion of Arkansas is gorgeous, though. And it actually has an advantage over Missouri--they curve their roads around the sides of hills, while Mo. likes to build straight roads. In the case of the Ozarks, that means straight up and straight down! That said, and though there are some hills to conquer, the U.S. 60 route would have the least hills to deal with. On the other hand, you don't get to go through college town Fayetteville that way.

angelatc
05-01-2009, 07:01 AM
Thanks, fixed on my spreadsheet. That's exactly what I need y'all for.

So, about that Illinois section... ;) You know anyone down there?

Not personally. I might be able to find somebody who knows somebody though. If you want to use your mod privileges and retrieve a sheep that has wandered from our flock, try Trassin. He's down in that neck of the woods, and ran the RP Campaign office there.

I also know the woman who handled the RP campaign's press releases and media statements in IL. She might be able to help generate buzz in that town. Of course I can't guarantee that she's interested or has time, because I know she's involved in a local campaign right now....but I can give her a shout if you think it might be helpful.

Maybe I should wait until you get the volunteer coordinator position filled, and hook them instead. Yank my chain if I forget to watch this thread.

And the press release is missing the 3 in R3VOLution in your bio section.

disorderlyvision
07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks for your interest :)

Start date is May 24th ~ 10am at the Statue of Liberty
Should be done July 25th at Alcatraz

Looks like you only missed your target by a couple of days:D

Danke
07-28-2009, 10:09 PM
Looks like you only missed your target by a couple of days:D

Actually, I met up with Micheal on July 26th, my B-day :D, on Fisherman's Wharf. If he really wanted to, he could have made it to Alcatraz that same day. We were gonna take a picture of Alcatraz, but the fog rolled in.