PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!! Involuntary Quarantines in NC

UtahApocalypse
04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Read the following....

N.C. official: Swine flu cases suspected

Raleigh, N.C. — The state's health director said Monday afternoon that there are suspected cases of swine flu in North Carolina, but declined to say how many cases or where they were located.

Dr. Jeffrey Engel said Monday evening that officials are involuntarily isolating patients who may have the virus. He declined to specifically say how many suspected cases were in the state, noting that the number is always changing, and he declined to say where they were located.

"We're working very closely with providers, and they are investigating cases on a daily basis," Engel said. "It's a very fluid situation and there will be suspect cases. People travel all the time."

Investigators were gathering specimens and hope to know whether the cases are "probable" some time Tuesday and will seek confirmations by Wednesday.

Federal health officials have confirmed 40 cases in the United States – in New York, Ohio, Kansas, Texas and California. Of those, only one person has been hospitalized and all have recovered. That's in contrast to Mexico, where the suspected death toll was at 149, with more than 1,600 cases reported.

Track swine flu cases across the globe.

Engel said the suspected cases are related to travel, mostly to Mexico. He said nobody has been hospitalized and that the suspected cases have been ordered to in-home isolation.

Along with the travel history, Engel said the suspected cases involve patients with severe flu symptoms. The state is encouraging providers to only report more severe cases – people with higher fevers or more prominent respiratory problems.

Engel said he expects the number of suspected cases to increase. "This is dynamic," he said.

At a news briefing Monday morning, Engel said the state is "better prepared" than ever to handle any potential outbreak of the virus in North Carolina. The state has a stockpile of 660,000 doses of treatment for the flu, if necessary.

He urged residents to take precautions by staying at home if they present with flu-like symptoms, wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least 15 seconds, and see a doctor if flu symptoms become serious.

"To ward off any potential, just be prudent as you would during normal flu season," he said.

But, Engel said, there's one thing people don't have to stop doing in order to avoid the swine flu: eating pork.

"You can't catch the flu through eating any food item," he said.

That announcement was welcome news for those who profit from pork such as restaurants and grocery stores. "That would affect our business" if people were afraid to eat pork, said Worth Westbrook, co-owner of McCall's Bar-B-Que & Seafood in Clayton.

"I am not too concerned, because I love barbecue," said McCall's customer Glenn Hines, who filled up his plate at the buffet while updates on the swine flu played on television screens.

Gov. Bev Perdue, in a statement Monday morning, also advised people to be careful and take proper preventative measures and that she is confident in the state's readiness to handle a potential pandemic.

"North Carolina is equipped with a full supply of antiviral medications and personal protective supplies such as face masks," Perdue said. "We have public health teams ready to deploy to any community in our state that needs assistance."

Local hospitals, meanwhile reviewed emergency plans, many of which were put in place after the SARS epidemic in 2003 that infected more than 8.000 people and caused 74 deaths worldwide.

"We all have plans on how to deal with that," Dr. David Weber, an infectious diseases expert at UNC Hospitals. "The hospital has detailed 20-page plan."

Weber said it includes how to protect staff treating patients. He also said the hospital has enough protective gear to last up to six months.

"We have ability for rapid communications and to expand the number of both beds within the hospital and clinic availability, if wee need, too,' he added.

On the higher-education level, UNC System President Erskine Bowles asked universities to review their emergency plans and distribute basic information on flu prevention.

At the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, students preparing for final exams said they were concerned about the swine flu because of the number of people in the college environment who travel.

"I guess there are a lot of people coming in and out, so it could be more likely to happen here," sophomore Jill Zartman said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5034385/

Related legal....

(a) The State Health Director and a local health director are empowered to exercise quarantine and isolation authority. Quarantine and isolation authority shall be exercised only when and so long as the public health is endangered, all other reasonable means for correcting the problem have been exhausted, and no less restrictive alternative exists.
(b) No person other than a person authorized by the State Health Director or local health director shall enter quarantine or isolation premises. Nothing in this subsection shall be construed to restrict the access of authorized health care, law enforcement, or emergency medical services personnel to quarantine or isolation premises as necessary in conducting their duties.
(c) Before applying quarantine or isolation authority to livestock or poultry for the purpose of preventing the direct or indirect conveyance of an infectious agent to persons, the State Health Director or a local health director shall consult with the State Veterinarian in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(d) When quarantine or isolation limits the freedom of movement of a person or animal or of access to a person or animal whose freedom of movement is limited, the period of limited freedom of movement or access shall not exceed 30 calendar days. Any person substantially affected by that limitation may institute in superior court in Wake County or in the county in which the limitation is imposed an action to review that limitation. The official who exercises the quarantine or isolation authority shall give the persons known by the official to be substantially affected by the limitation reasonable notice under the circumstances of the right to institute an action to review the limitation. If a person or a person's representative requests a hearing, the hearing shall be held within 72 hours of the filing of that request, excluding Saturdays and Sundays. The person substantially affected by that limitation is entitled to be represented by counsel of the person's own choice or if the person is indigent, the person shall be represented by counsel appointed in accordance with Article 36 of Chapter 7A of the General Statutes and the rules adopted by the Office of Indigent Defense Services. The court shall reduce or terminate the limitation unless it determines, by the preponderance of the evidence, that the limitation is reasonably necessary to prevent or limit the conveyance of a communicable disease or condition to others.
If the State Health Director or the local health director determines that a 30‑calendar‑day limitation on freedom of movement or access is not adequate to protect the public health, the State Health Director or local health director must institute in superior court in the county in which the limitation is imposed an action to obtain an order extending the period of limitation of freedom of movement or access. If the person substantially affected by the limitation has already instituted an action in superior court in Wake County, the State Health Director must institute the action in superior court in Wake County or as a counterclaim in the pending case. Except as provided below for persons with tuberculosis, the court shall continue the limitation for a period not to exceed 30 days if it determines, by the preponderance of the evidence, that the limitation is reasonably necessary to prevent or limit the conveyance of a communicable disease or condition to others. The court order shall specify the period of time the limitation is to be continued and shall provide for automatic termination of the order upon written determination by the State Health Director or local health director that the quarantine or isolation is no longer necessary to protect the public health. In addition, where the petitioner can prove by a preponderance of the evidence that quarantine or isolation was not or is no longer needed for protection of the public health, the person quarantined or isolated may move the trial court to reconsider its order extending quarantine or isolation before the time for the order otherwise expires and may seek immediate or expedited termination of the order. Before the expiration of an order issued under this section, the State Health Director or local health director may move to continue the order for additional periods not to exceed 30 days each. If the person whose freedom of movement has been limited has tuberculosis, the court shall continue the limitation for a period not to exceed one calendar year if it determines, by a preponderance of the evidence, that the limitation is reasonably necessary to prevent or limit the conveyance of tuberculosis to others. The court order shall specify the period of time the limitation is to be continued and shall provide for automatic termination of the order upon written determination by the State Health Director or local health director that the quarantine or isolation is no longer necessary to protect the public health. In addition, where the petitioner can prove by a preponderance of the evidence that quarantine or isolation was not or is no longer needed for protection of the public health, the person quarantined or isolated may move the trial court to reconsider its order extending quarantine or isolation before the time for the order otherwise expires and may seek immediate or expedited termination of the order. Before the expiration of an order limiting the freedom of movement of a person with tuberculosis, the State Health Director or local health director may move to continue the order for additional periods not to exceed one calendar year each. (1957, c. 1357, s. 1; 1983, c. 891, s. 2; 1987, c. 782, s. 15; 2002‑179, s. 5; 2004‑80, s. 2.)

politicsNproverbs
04-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Oh boy, I would not want to be "involuntarily isolated" at any govt's behest, whether local, state, fed...

Thanks for the story.

torchbearer
04-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Doesn't that violate the 13th amendment?

UtahApocalypse
04-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Doesn't that violate the 13th amendment?

Involuntary Quarantines are one step before mandatory martial law. Anyone in NC needs to be at ready NOW!!

torchbearer
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Involuntary Quarantines are one step before mandatory martial law. Anyone in NC needs to be at ready NOW!!

As far as I am concerned, Involuntary Imprisonment due to potential illness is Martial Law. They just aren't calling it that yet.

Kotin
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
I do not like anything like this and especially the precedence it sets..

who knows how bad it could get.. maybe they will claim political dissidents are flu carriers...

UtahApocalypse
04-27-2009, 10:09 PM
More confirmations.....

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/104/story/690814.html

Dr. Jeffrey Engel, the state health director, said Monday evening that officials are involuntarily isolating patients who may have the virus. But he said the handful of cases are sporadic and in different parts of the state. Earlier in the day, Engel had told reporters that there had been no cases reported in the state.

Engel said the suspected cases are related to travel, mostly to Mexico. He said nobody has been hospitalized and that the suspected cases have been ordered to in-home isolation.

torchbearer
04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
"Suspected Cases"? WTF!?
They don't know yet?

politicsNproverbs
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
"Suspected Cases"? WTF!?
They don't know yet?

Right! :(

...involuntarily isolating patients who may have the virus.

So, as legalists go, you only have to "maybe" have it.

UtahApocalypse
04-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Right! :(

So, as legalists go, you only have to "maybe" have it.

Scares the shit out of me, if I lived in NC, and since I have a stuffy nose right now I could potentially be locked in my home! this is very very major news that we have all dreaded. Today it begins :(

revolutionary8
04-27-2009, 11:15 PM
This is a catch 22
If ya head in to the hospital, you might become a living guinea pig, or at the least be quarantined. If you let the symptons progress to rapidly, by the time you get to the hospital, it might be too late.

stocking up on Vitamin D, C, elderberry, B12, witch hazel, any kind of hot peppers you can get your hands on, hand sanitizer, nano masks, ibuprofen, alkaselzer, chicken soup, etc. might make you feel better in the mean time.

I don't know what to think of this, but any of the things I listed above will come in handy at some point in my life.

puppetmaster
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Also folks Oregano Oil is one of natures strongest antibiotic.

Kludge
04-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Well... We've always imprisoned potential ("proven") threats so that they no longer pose a threat to others.

I imagine the CDC has something similar to a jury to decide whether or not a person needs to be detained.

If 10,000,000 people became infected with this virus, would y'all still oppose mandatory quarantine?

revolutionary8
04-28-2009, 12:03 AM
antibiotics do not fight a virus. This is why Rick Perry is "up in arms" about getting anti-virals, (tami flu) and Mexico wants to poke everyone w/in a mile radius.

It's funny how this is a "New, never before seen" virus with a cure (vaccine), isn't it?

I think it'll probabaly be the vaccines and anti-virals that get everybody. IMHO

revolutionary8
04-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Well... We've always imprisoned potential ("proven") threats so that they no longer pose a threat to others.

I imagine the CDC has something similar to a jury to decide whether or not a person needs to be detained.

If 10,000,000 people became infected with this virus, would y'all still oppose mandatory quarantine?

It would depend on the point of the quarantine. If the quarantine would kill or infect more than if there was no quarantine, then yes, I would oppose a quarantine. I'm sure the Nazi death camps started out as "quarantines" of some translation...

edit-
isn't "mandatory quarantine" an oxymoron or, at the very least, a bit redundant? :D

Roxi
04-28-2009, 12:21 AM
antibiotics do not fight a virus. This is why Rick Perry is "up in arms" about getting anti-virals, (tami flu) and Mexico wants to poke everyone w/in a mile radius.

It's funny how this is a "New, never before seen" virus with a cure (vaccine), isn't it?

I think it'll probabaly be the vaccines and anti-virals that get everybody. IMHO

there isn't a vaccine, only antivirals... so says the CDC anyway

revolutionary8
04-28-2009, 12:26 AM
there isn't a vaccine, only antivirals... so says the CDC anyway

I am talking about Mexico. They were pushing vaccines in Mexico. Texas, they are pushing anti virals. Next will be the vaccine from Baxter. I'll try to find the links again.

KoldKut
04-28-2009, 12:34 AM

revolutionary8
04-28-2009, 12:39 AM
Viruses don't give a crap about your inalienable rights.

So does this make the majority of Congress, as well as the Judicial and the Executive Branch "A Virus"?
;)

Ninja Homer
04-28-2009, 12:44 AM

It's also antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic, anti-venom and antiparasitic. The good stuff is expensive... you want Oil of Wild Oregano with a high percentage of carvacrol.

revolutionary8
04-28-2009, 12:47 AM
It's also antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic, anti-venom and antiparasitic. The good stuff is expensive... you want Oil of Wild Oregano with a high percentage of carvacrol.

Do you have any recommendations on where to get some good oil of oregano, or how to make it?

There should probably be a good natural remedy flu thread here, but I'll admit I haven't checked. :o

Roxi
04-28-2009, 12:57 AM
I am talking about Mexico. They were pushing vaccines in Mexico. Texas, they are pushing anti virals. Next will be the vaccine from Baxter. I'll try to find the links again.

oh sorry i didn't realize... and your right... i spoke to an aquaintance today who is from mexico city, his sister is there now, he is completely convinced she is safe since she has had the vaccine... and I said "there is no vaccine" and he said "yes there is she got it" and I said, look im telling you i don't know what they are giving out and calling a vaccine, but there is not a vaccine for this strain, and won't be for months" and he said oh ya your one of those anti government people chuckle chuckle"

ugh... no point arguing with imbeciles

Minarchy4Sale
04-28-2009, 12:58 AM
oh sorry i didn't realize... and your right... i spoke to an aquaintance today who is from mexico city, his sister is there now, he is completely convinced she is safe since she has had the vaccine... and I said "there is no vaccine" and he said "yes there is she got it" and I said, look im telling you i don't know what they are giving out and calling a vaccine, but there is not a vaccine for this strain, and won't be for months" and he said oh ya your one of those anti government people chuckle chuckle"

ugh... no point arguing with imbeciles

How disturbing is it that you live in the BFE of BFE and you know someone who's sister is in Mexico City.

boo globalism.

Roxi
04-28-2009, 01:03 AM
How disturbing is it that you live in the BFE of BFE and you know someone who's sister is in Mexico City.

boo globalism.

i live right near Eureka springs arkansas, i work in a retail store that sees hundreds of customers per day, this guy works at a mexican restaurant in E.S. and is a frequent customer who buys mexico phone cards daily... he was in today and was teasing me about my paranoia (lysol can in my hand at that moment)

and you would be AMAZED at the diversity of this area, there are people from all over the place, weird people, normal people, rich as hell people, and poor dirty live in shack type people... the area i live in is a resort/golf community

I have also lived in LOTS of different states, and have friends from all over the world because of the RP campaign and the liberty movement

why is that disturbing?

politicsNproverbs
04-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Do you have any recommendations on where to get some good oil of oregano, or how to make it?

Here's a link: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/immune-system-support_oil-of-oregano.html

That's the market/store page for Doug Kaufman's TV show "Know The Cause." Kaufman was a VietNam vet who came back to the USA with some real health problems which took him years to figure out what it was... yeast all over his body, made the creases in his arms crack and bleed, etc. The point being, that's how he got his start learning of natural healing remedies, and he has a health show on TV, on which he has various guests, usually the same solid ones over and over: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/know-the-cause.html

And one of those guests is the owner of North American Herb & Spice which offers the super-strength Oil of Oregano products in that first link further above, and which they often discuss on Doug's program over the years.

That's just one source.

I bought some cheaper brand, NOW probably, in the past in enteric coated softgels (enteric coating not a good thing for your intestines, btw) and it leaves a taste in your throat but not bad. The bad part was it made me feel worse so I finished off one bottle and that was it. It probably was helping to detox but I wasn't ready for extra misery. :)

Olive Leaf Extract has the same antifungal/antiviral capacities.

Here's Kaufman's Immune products page: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/immune-system-support.html?osCsid=efaa5eebc83228af7dcfd448d3b3ad 6f

politicsNproverbs
04-28-2009, 01:18 AM
Speaking of natural healing, I mentioned above "enteric coated" pills... this was an eye-opener... a portion of an article by Dr. Greg Haag (went to medical school, he and his wife, but they chose not to practice allopathic medicine, but rather natural healing), and this is his experience during internship/surgeries and enteric coated pills in the guts of patients...

I think you'll "enjoy" or at least benefit from knowing this...

If It is enteric coated or not, basically determines whether or not the pill will simply lodge someplace in the person's digestive system (which is 10 times our body length) and eventually just become encapsulated (or pearlized as it is) in the lining of the intestine.

I did a lot of surgery as an assistant while in medical school and during my internship, and I worked in two very small hospitals. Between both hospitals, the bed count was less than 250. When one considers the size of just one hospital in a city like San Antonio that has 2000 beds, you get the picture that I worked in a very small community. This is relevant only to more fully demonstrate that if I encountered a certain phenomenon fairly often in a very small hospital, how common it must be throughout the rest of country, and the world for that matter.

What I'm referring to brings us back to the entero-coating, or lack of, in cheap bargain basement priced pills. Whenever we did surgery that involved going into the stomach (especially) or digestive system in general, we (the surgical team) always did a final hand or eye inspection of the lining of the stomach and portions of small bowel, and we physically removed the pills that had been encapsulated or pearlized in the lining of the stomach. I referred to this process as the tiddly-wink process of the surgery, where we would take the back end of a scalpel after removing the razor blade, and snap (tiddly-wink) the pearls out of their encapsulation.

Once the pill was snapped loose and removed, a pocket or bloody void was instantly created. Either the surgeon or myself would take an electric scalpel and cauterize the wound to the point of a dry field. This was encountered surprisingly often during gastric or intestinal surgery and in my brief experience (about two years) I often saw as many as 30 pills removed from one person's intestinal linings.

In the post-op follow-ups when no one, doctors or medical staff was in ear shot, I would always strongly suggest that this patient reconsider their use of pills in general, but especially the cheap bargain basement brands!

Source article:
Why "Just Say No" Just Won't Work
By Dr Gregory Haag, M.D.
http://www.roylretreat.com/articles/just_say_no.html

revolutionary8
04-28-2009, 01:24 AM
Here's a link: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/immune-system-support_oil-of-oregano.html

That's the market/store page for Doug Kaufman's TV show "Know The Cause." Kaufman was a VietNam vet who came back to the USA with some real health problems which took him years to figure out what it was... yeast all over his body, made the creases in his arms crack and bleed, etc. The point being, that's how he got his start learning of natural healing remedies, and he has a health show on TV, on which he has various guests, usually the same solid ones over and over: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/know-the-cause.html

And one of those guests is the owner of North American Herb & Spice which offers the super-strength Oil of Oregano products in that first link further above, and which they often discuss on Doug's program over the years.

That's just one source.

I bought some cheaper brand, NOW probably, in the past in enteric coated softgels (enteric coating not a good thing for your intestines, btw) and it leaves a taste in your throat but not bad. The bad part was it made me feel worse so I finished off one bottle and that was it. It probably was helping to detox but I wasn't ready for extra misery. :)

Olive Leaf Extract has the same antifungal/antiviral capacities.

Here's Kaufman's Immune products page: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/immune-system-support.html?osCsid=efaa5eebc83228af7dcfd448d3b3ad 6f

Thank you! I sure appreciate it. :)

politicsNproverbs
04-28-2009, 01:28 AM
You're welcome! I love sharing if I know something, especially if it's fresh in my memory and I don't have to do a lot of re-digging. :D

Anti Federalist
04-28-2009, 06:36 AM
CRAWFISHING CAUGHT!!

This story got changed.

The Orginal:

Raleigh, N.C. — The state's health director said Monday afternoon that there are suspected cases of swine flu in North Carolina, but declined to say how many cases or where they were located.

Dr. Jeffrey Engel said Monday evening that officials are involuntarily isolating patients who may have the virus. He declined to specifically say how many suspected cases were in the state, noting that the number is always changing, and he declined to say where they were located.

"We're working very closely with providers, and they are investigating cases on a daily basis," Engel said. "It's a very fluid situation and there will be suspect cases. People travel all the time."

The Crawfished version

Raleigh, N.C. — Health officials hope to determine Tuesday whether there are any "probable" cases of swine flu within North Carolina. Dr. Jeffrey Engel, the state health director, said Monday there were a handful of suspected cases in sporadic locations, linked to people who recently traveled.

He said nobody has been hospitalized and that the suspected cases have been ordered to in-home isolation.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5034385/

Must have caught some heat...

diggronpaul
04-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Swine Flu Revealed! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=190427)

Ninja Homer
04-28-2009, 07:56 AM

There should probably be a good natural remedy flu thread here, but I'll admit I haven't checked. :o

politicsNproverb's link is good. This is what I get, and that's a good price on it: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/north-american-herb-spice-oil-of-oregano-oreganol-superstrength-p73-1-oz-30-ml.html

The P73 formula is the one that has been tested thoroughly, so that's what I use. You can probably find it at a local health foods store as well, but it will most likely cost more. The extra strength stuff is 3 times as potent as the regular. The drops are much more versatile than the capsules. Most of the things I use it for, the capsules wouldn't work.

The first time you use it, it will seem a little strange. It tastes and smells like oregano, but it's spicy hot kind of in the way ginger is. Put a couple drops under your tongue for 15 minutes (or as long as you can, it gets hot), and a lot of it will enter your blood stream directly, then swallow the rest down. It will disinfect anything. I read somewhere that they used to use it to disinfect surgical instruments. If you are in a situation where you would want to wear a mask, and you don't have any good ones (surgical masks do very little to keep the flu out) you can rub a little of it on a mask or handkerchief. To help with a virus in your lungs, you can pour some boiling water in a coffee mug, put some drops on top, put a towel over your head, put your face near it being careful not to burn yourself, and breathe the vapor in and out as deeply as you can (keep your eyes closed or they will start to burn). Drink the water down when it cools off. You can rub some on your hands to keep them disinfected, but keep your hands off your face or you'll end up getting some in your eyes (you should keep your hands off your face anyway, if you're worried about a virus). Treat it like a hot sauce; you don't want it in your eyes, nose, etc. There's other uses for it as well, but that's about it for dealing with a flu.

Roxi
04-28-2009, 09:52 AM
so far this story hasn't changed:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/104/story/690814.html

so i printed and made a screenshot :)

American Idol
04-29-2009, 09:42 AM
YouTube - Martial Law (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiUUwA63eoo)

revolutionary8
04-29-2009, 10:09 AM
politicsNproverb's link is good. This is what I get, and that's a good price on it: http://www.mynaturalmarket.com/north-american-herb-spice-oil-of-oregano-oreganol-superstrength-p73-1-oz-30-ml.html

The P73 formula is the one that has been tested thoroughly, so that's what I use. You can probably find it at a local health foods store as well, but it will most likely cost more. The extra strength stuff is 3 times as potent as the regular. The drops are much more versatile than the capsules. Most of the things I use it for, the capsules wouldn't work.

The first time you use it, it will seem a little strange. It tastes and smells like oregano, but it's spicy hot kind of in the way ginger is. Put a couple drops under your tongue for 15 minutes (or as long as you can, it gets hot), and a lot of it will enter your blood stream directly, then swallow the rest down. It will disinfect anything. I read somewhere that they used to use it to disinfect surgical instruments. If you are in a situation where you would want to wear a mask, and you don't have any good ones (surgical masks do very little to keep the flu out) you can rub a little of it on a mask or handkerchief. To help with a virus in your lungs, you can pour some boiling water in a coffee mug, put some drops on top, put a towel over your head, put your face near it being careful not to burn yourself, and breathe the vapor in and out as deeply as you can (keep your eyes closed or they will start to burn). Drink the water down when it cools off. You can rub some on your hands to keep them disinfected, but keep your hands off your face or you'll end up getting some in your eyes (you should keep your hands off your face anyway, if you're worried about a virus). Treat it like a hot sauce; you don't want it in your eyes, nose, etc. There's other uses for it as well, but that's about it for dealing with a flu.

Awesome. Thank you so much.

Just as an aside, there have been some sites that have sold out of NanoMasks and I found this site that sells them for cheaper than I have seen anywhere else- I figure if you get the ten pack, you can sell them on ebay and make a good profit. People are hysterical over this :p
http://www.first-aid-cpr.com/Industrials/Cpr-products/Masks/avian-bird-flu-protection-mask-nano-mask.html

torchbearer
04-29-2009, 10:13 AM

I'd quarantine myself away from everyone else.
Yes- it makes sense. All my neighbors of coming down sick. I stay home and lock the door.

Pepsi
04-29-2009, 10:17 AM
There is an old Cold War fall out shelter at my Grand Fathers farm. Its pretty well hidden, and he keeps it stock up pretty good with his own food that he grows. He has always been telling us that some day we might have to use it for real.

danielboon
04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Illuminati Card Game Cards from 1995"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

I don't know if you've ever doubted whether or not there has been a New World Order plan at least a couple of centuries old.
It's only believed by the conspiracy theorists and nut bags amongst us. I have recently compiled some strange and small artifacts
from 1995. If you're interested in researching it further, google search terms such as Steve Jackson Games, INWO, Illuminati Card Game,
and see what you find.

think that the current events of today were not planned years ago.

Maybe it just means that like Hollywood, the government has run out of ideas, and they are using a weird card game from 1995 for new ones!

politicsNproverbs
05-02-2009, 03:45 AM
Enjoyed all the comments...

The Crawfishing article switch - funny! Good catch.

The Swine Flu Revealed, other thread link... great video of TV ad re: 1976 Swine Flu Scare. Ha! That's a keeper.

Great extra tips re: the Oregano Oil, thanks. Also a keeper!

I agree re: "Quarantine'ing myself away from" the "10,000" future Swine Flu victims. Thankfully, I don't have to interact with the public much anyway. (Whatever the press/media says, how do we really know anybody really has it? Know anybody who has it and died?) It's now supposedly in FLA as well, 2 cases mentioned in news yesterday.

Love the "grandfather's Cold War Shelter" stocked w/food. Very wise of him to predict its necessity someday. My father sold Bomb Shelters during the 1962 Cuban Crisis. Wish I had one now. ;)

Thumbs Up to the Illuminati Card Game. I've never seen the original cards... I don't think anyone has posted copies of the cards online, maybe due to copyright issues, or did the FBI totally destroy the 1995 version when they raided Jackson's shop back whenever? CuttingEdge.org has done "renditions" of the most of the cards, but I don't think what they show online are photos of the originals: http://www.cuttingedge.org/articles/icg.html and http://www.cuttingedge.org/detail.cfm?ID=1133 (Interesting that the Item # is 1133).

Steve Jackson's site: http://www.sjgames.com/illuminati/ Titles of cards but no photos...

LOL some of them are too funny, like the Triliberal Commission and the Semiconscious Liberation Army, lol: http://www.sjgames.com/illuminati/img/illuminati_cards.txt

Ha, he sells gag gifts, too, and gift cards, one which says:
"The Illuminati Told Me What You Like... I Hope They Were Right..." - lol.
http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=SJG9651

A "must have" for us tinfoil-hatters: The Illumi-Nutty Pendant:
http://www.warehouse23.com/item.html?id=ZMG9008

Hahaha. All very funny. Enjoyed the laughs. :D