PDA

View Full Version : Fed didn't really fix much.

yaz
09-19-2007, 01:10 PM
http://video.msn.com/v/us/fv/money/fv.htm??g=fabf5cb8-ce66-4343-b306-2c9666b44ff4&f=15/64todayspick&p=hotvideo_money%20top%20ten&fg=

apropos
09-19-2007, 01:14 PM
The thing that killed me yesterday afternoon was that, on CNBC, people were saying how 'the bull was back'. Several people were repeating this. I just found that crazy.

Green Mountain Boy
09-19-2007, 01:17 PM
The thing that killed me yesterday afternoon was that, on CNBC, people were saying how 'the bull was back'.

Yeah, the gold bull, lol

nullvalu
09-19-2007, 01:26 PM
You know what else is funny is that the talking heads are saying how much the rate cut is going to help and that up until that point the FED hadn't done anything..

What, may I ask, were all those billions being pumped into the markets over the last couple months about??? No one sees the bigger picture!!

Kregener
09-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Smoke and mirrors.

Nothing to see here...move along...

Abobo
09-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Fake fix or not, I made a killing on EWZ, the Brazil ETF. And DDM ultra long DOW. :D

We all knew investors wanted a rate cut, and that the fed would do it, so why not profit?

Johnnybags
09-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Smoke and mirrors.

Nothing to see here...move along...

for the sake of wall st and raising prices on all goods. Bernanke and this administration are the most corrupt ever. The banks made mistakes and we pay for them. They will continue to every time knowing the Fed and corrupt politicians will bail them out. Its like we arre living in the Soviet Union. Central planning.

briatx
09-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Funny to see all the WSJ reading free marketeers cheering on this decidedly non-free market intervention.

john_anderson_ii
09-19-2007, 01:38 PM
The media may think they are doing the right and noble thing by floating the economy, and they are in fact attempting to float the economy. They are trying to quell fear, which is what can rapidly deflate a fiat money system. If the investors fear the market, and liquidate their investments, the banks know they can't possibly cover every dollar, and we have another black Friday. The media is attempting to control the market by easing investor concerns so investors will continue to keep their cash in their investment accounts. Unfortunately, the real issue is that the cash in their investments doesn't really exist, and thus cannot be liquidated.

Does this media charade to quell fear helps? Well, it helps keep investors interested in floating a failed economy, and it helps to keep the bubble from bursting...for now. I don't want to see an economic crash. I'm kind of fond of making sure my kids have food on the table. However, I'm also keenly aware that America won't wake up and realize they are perpetuating a big mistake until that bubble bursts and people starve.

Either way, it's not "fair and balanced" reporting, that's for sure.

nullvalu
09-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Is there anything other than a Ron Paul presidency or a market crash, that would wake the public at large up to what's really going on?

We need to make a 1-2 minute video on what really causes inflation, what it is, and what is does to our economy.. And somehow get it on all major networks for a month straight.. :) keep dreaming right.. and still that may penetrate what.. 5-10% of voting Americans? Wow.. maybe it really will take a crash..

Green Mountain Boy
09-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Is there anything other than a Ron Paul presidency or a market crash, that would wake the public at large up to what's really going on?

We need to make a 1-2 minute video on what really causes inflation, what it is, and what is does to our economy.. And somehow get it on all major networks for a month straight.. :) keep dreaming right.. and still that may penetrate what.. 5-10% of voting Americans? Wow.. maybe it really will take a crash..

The thing is, if the majority of people finally come to the realization that the boat has been leaking and the captain lied - the system would crash right then and there.

nullvalu
09-19-2007, 02:04 PM
^ so true

Abobo
09-19-2007, 02:04 PM

A market crash might make things worse. Last time that happened we got the "new deal". When things go wrong don't expect the government to fess up to their mistakes. They will find a scapegoat, they will blame corporations, greed, and profit for their failed policy.:rolleyes:

Green Mountain Boy
09-19-2007, 02:17 PM
A market crash might make things worse. Last time that happened we got the "new deal". When things go wrong don't expect the government to fess up to their mistakes. They will find a scapegoat, they will blame corporations, greed, and profit for their failed policy.:rolleyes:

Well, it is the banking system that is mainly to blame and that certainly involves greed and profit. But you are right, there will be a scapegoat. If there is a crash it will be a global systematic crash and the scapegoat will probably be the USA. The real culprits (the banking interests in Europe) will go unnoticed.

"Banking was conceived in iniquity, and was born in sin. The Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create deposits, and with the flick of the pen, they will create enough deposits, to buy it back again. However, take it away from them, and the great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But if you wish to remain slaves of Bankers, and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create deposits." - Sir Josiah Stamp, President of the Bank of England in the 1920īs, the second richest man in Britain