PDA

View Full Version : Poll Suggests Obama’s Term Is Altering Views on Race

BlackTerrel
04-27-2009, 05:36 PM
I've said this before one of the great side effects of Obama being elected is the improvement in race relations that it will lead to. In the neighborhood I grew up in kids wanted to be rappers, athletes or drug dealers and being smart or doing well in school were considered "acting white" and uncool.

Suddenly it's cool to be smart. Doing well in school is cool. Doing well in business is cool. Speaking correct English is cool. It's an amazing change in a very short amount of time.

I disagree with Obama on a lot of policy matters and to be fair he doesn't really deserve the credit since it is not due to anything he has done. But there is no doubt that his election has brought some positive effects to the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/us/politics/28poll.html?_r=1&hp

Barack Obama’s presidency seems to be altering the public perception of race relations in the United States. Two-thirds of Americans now say race relations are generally good and the percentage of blacks who say so has doubled since last July, according to the latest New York Times/ CBS News poll.

Despite that, half of blacks still say whites have a better chance of getting ahead in American society, the poll found. Black Americans remain among the president’s staunchest supporters; 70 percent of black respondents now say the country is headed in the right direction, compared to 34 percent of whites...

Original_Intent
04-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I agree. He doesn't deserve credit, but I am sure your observations are correct.

tangent4ronpaul
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I didn't vote for him and if anything, this treasonous SOB's actions have made me much less likely to vote for any black (or democrat) candidate in the future. This "stick it to whitey / rich people", "lets embrace communism and sell out the country" sack of shit just re-enforces everything bad I've experienced and heard about black people.

That said, I *WOULD* vote for Collin Powel if he ever ran, unless Paul was running against him. In that case, I'd vote for Paul. He's one upstanding American that got screwed by the administration over Iraq. I trust the guy.

-t

Working Poor
04-27-2009, 07:13 PM
I will say he is very smart. I don't like what he is doing but it has nothing at all to do with him being black. I did not like Bush either and it nothing at all to do with him being white.

Actions always speak louder than words.

ArrestPoliticians
04-27-2009, 07:52 PM
I've said this before one of the great side effects of Obama being elected is the improvement in race relations that it will lead to. In the neighborhood I grew up in kids wanted to be rappers, athletes or drug dealers and being smart or doing well in school were considered "acting white" and uncool.

Suddenly it's cool to be smart. Doing well in school is cool. Doing well in business is cool. Speaking correct English is cool. It's an amazing change in a very short amount of time.

I disagree with Obama on a lot of policy matters and to be fair he doesn't really deserve the credit since it is not due to anything he has done. But there is no doubt that his election has brought some positive effects to the country.

I said at the time that Obama was the lesser of two evils ONLY because he is half Black and it will do a lot to provide a good role model for kids and help with racial divisions. People say that it was wrong to vote just because of race, but that literally was the only difference between him and McCain.

Vessol
04-27-2009, 08:02 PM
I disagree with Obama's policies and actions, however there is no doubt in my mind is is an intelligent man and believes in what he is doing.

Dieseler
04-27-2009, 08:06 PM
I wish Obama would cause these ignorant motherfuckers next door to me to turn the rap music off when they pull in the drive way.

tangent4ronpaul
04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
I disagree with Obama's policies and actions, however there is no doubt in my mind is is an intelligent man and believes in what he is doing.

YEAH MARXISM! - NOT!

-t

Brian4Liberty
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM

I agree. It's good to have role models.

Now if the media would stop their constant attempts to make race relations worse. CNN has been really bad in the past few years, for a variety of reasons. One of those reasons may have been an attempt to help Hillary defeat Obama. Glad it didn't work.

Liberty Star
04-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Was Rev Wright polled?

RevolutionSD
04-27-2009, 08:17 PM
I didn't vote for him and if anything, this treasonous SOB's actions have made me much less likely to vote for any black (or democrat) candidate in the future. This "stick it to whitey / rich people", "lets embrace communism and sell out the country" sack of shit just re-enforces everything bad I've experienced and heard about black people.

That said, I *WOULD* vote for Collin Powel if he ever ran, unless Paul was running against him. In that case, I'd vote for Paul. He's one upstanding American that got screwed by the administration over Iraq. I trust the guy.

-t

You're a total collectivist and Powell is 100% neocon.

RevolutionSD
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
I said at the time that Obama was the lesser of two evils ONLY because he is half Black and it will do a lot to provide a good role model for kids and help with racial divisions. People say that it was wrong to vote just because of race, but that literally was the only difference between him and McCain.

It's not a good role model.
He's a huge part in destroying our country.
By the end of Obama's first term we are going to see the end of the dollar and the Great Depression Part 2. In fact, it may be worse for blacks, being that Obama will go down as a total failure.

Being that we live in a collectivist culture, he represents all black people, so the racists will have fuel to add to their fire.

I do not recognize the office of the president.

Vessol
04-27-2009, 08:22 PM
So much name calling here. So sad.

You'd think people could discuss civil and avoid throwing insults.

I do not recognize the office of the president.

Congratu-fucking-lations. Would you like a gold star for that?

Seriously now. Why do you not recognize the office of the President? So many kids being etough on here.

satchelmcqueen
04-27-2009, 08:23 PM
word

RevolutionSD
04-27-2009, 08:27 PM
So much name calling here. So sad.

You'd think people could discuss civil and avoid throwing insults.

Congratu-fucking-lations. Would you like a gold star for that?

Seriously now. Why do you not recognize the office of the President? So many kids being etough on here.

Why the anger? I just stated how I felt and you snapped.

I don't need a president. This is forced on me. I can certainly live my life just fine without a president. Name 1 president in the last 100 years that wasn't corrupt? I'm perfectly okay without corrupt leaders in my life.

If I want a leader, I will choose one. I should not have to accept a leader forced upon me. I never signed up for it, why shouldn't I be allowed freedom to not recognize the office of the president?

The_Orlonater
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
It's pathetic that people need someone like Obama to suddenly just "inspire" them. I don't buy it.

I also don't think it's a very honorable act to be a politician in the first place.

A. Havnes
04-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Next time, I suggest we elect Larry Elder (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Elder), since he's a black Libertarian, erm...libertarian, since he doesn't want to be affiliated with the actual party.

Eh, maybe not, since he supports the War on Terror, not to mention the fair tax. However, he doesn't seem to be a bad choice in other areas. I'll see what you guys think. In some ways, I think he'd make a good senator (he may run in 2010), but he's kind of a neocon at the same time.

Elder's political views are philosophically libertarian, and include support for free trade, school choice and abortion rights.[8] He opposes the income tax and supports replacing it with the FairTax, a national retail sales tax. He is also a firm opponent of the war on drugs and has been quoted as saying "Philosophically, I think that if somebody wants to sit around and get stoned that's up to him or her. And if that ruins your life, so be it....So I am for drug legalization."[4] Although he is not an Objectivist, he says that Atlas Shrugged, written by novelist Ayn Rand, is one of his favorite books.[9]

He has called himself a "libertarian with a small 'l'" to distance himself from the national Libertarian Party concerning the 2003 invasion of Iraq. Elder was registered as Decline to State, but became a Republican in May 2003 in support of the War on Terror,[10] to be more influential within the Republican Party and to open up the possibility of running for office.[9] In his May 13, 2003 column for Jewish World Review, Elder explained reregistering as a Republican by quoting Nobel laureate economist Milton Friedman, who said, "I am a Republican with a capital 'R,' and a libertarian with a small 'l.' I have a party membership as a Republican, not because they have any principles. But because that's the way I am the most useful and have the most influence. My philosophy is clearly libertarian."[10] Elder ended his column by saying, "Make no mistake: My libertarian principles remain unchanged. But as writer Midge Decter once said, 'There comes a time to join the side you're on.'"[10] Elder has said that the Libertarian Party differs in ways from the libertarian philosophy, which has roots in the Whig and Republican parties[citation needed]. Melding the two parties, he sometimes refers to himself as a "Republitarian," which he defines as a Republican Party member who holds libertarian political ideals.[11]

AutoDas
04-27-2009, 08:39 PM
YouTube - Militant BLACK Obama Youth Group: Let's SCARE the SHIT out of WHITE Grandma? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY)
:rolleyes:

max
04-27-2009, 08:39 PM

Oh puuuleeeze. The same mass media that poisoned race relations in the first place could have achieved the same thing years ago WITHOUT force feeding us that communist Obama.

That's like saying a mother's rape and murder had the effect of bringing all the siblings closer together.....wholly inappropriate..

Besides....all this cum bah yah crap will disppear in a flash as soon as Obama's Great Depression really gets going and his "volunteer" black youth brigades start killing "extremists"

sailor
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Obama isn`t a Communist, he is a sellout to the man.

max
04-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Obama isn`t a Communist, he is a sellout to the man.

true....but "the man" approves of communism because its a tool of economic consolidation

BlackTerrel
04-28-2009, 12:16 AM
I agree. It's good to have role models.

Now if the media would stop their constant attempts to make race relations worse. CNN has been really bad in the past few years, for a variety of reasons. One of those reasons may have been an attempt to help Hillary defeat Obama. Glad it didn't work.

CNN is not that bad. FOX is the worst - racist assholes.

BlackTerrel
04-28-2009, 12:20 AM
It's pathetic that people need someone like Obama to suddenly just "inspire" them. I don't buy it.

Perhaps. But as a young black kid growing up you looked to other black people to see what you could become. When I was growing up you saw drug dealers, rappers, actors and athletes as the most successful black people.

The idea that a black person could do well in school, work hard, and do well in the business world was foreign to many people. They didn't believe (right or wrongly) that they'd be accepted, and that white people would hold them down and not let them succeed.

To see that a black man can make it is very inspiring.

BlackTerrel
04-28-2009, 12:23 AM
YouTube - Militant BLACK Obama Youth Group: Let's SCARE the SHIT out of WHITE Grandma? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY)
:rolleyes:

I missed it.... what is the point of this video?

Vessol
04-28-2009, 12:23 AM

I've never really seen anything on Fox I'd call racist...though I don't really watch any TV news much.

CNN however to me gets negativity points for the whole black history month thing(I find the whole thing silly and not constructive IMO, why not report on black history all year? don't need a special month to set aside special documentaries to make extra money) and their constant attempts to seem "hip" and "urban". Plus it was awesome when their reporter was at the tax day protests saying they were anti-government and anti-CNN :rolleyes:

Fuck Fox
Fuck CNN
Fuck MSNBC
Fuck ABC
Fuck CBS
Fuck Comedy Central
Anyone else I'm missing in the U.S mainstream?

That Obama is a populist. Who would've thunk.

BlackTerrel
04-28-2009, 12:26 AM
Oh puuuleeeze. The same mass media that poisoned race relations in the first place could have achieved the same thing years ago WITHOUT force feeding us that communist Obama.

How did the mass media poison race relations? Before mass media blacks were slaves, through time race relations have only gotten better and better. Whites were exposed to blacks on TV and movies. Black athletes, black Presidents in movies and TV shows and eventually became comfortable with it. Obama would not have been possible without black musicians, actors, and athletes.

Besides....all this cum bah yah crap will disppear in a flash as soon as Obama's Great Depression really gets going and his "volunteer" black youth brigades start killing "extremists"

Yeah I'm sure this will happen :rolleyes:

KoldKut
04-28-2009, 01:12 AM

Objectivist
04-28-2009, 02:48 AM
I heard this on the radio and it has changed my opinion. When Robert Reich came before Charlie Rangel in a House Committee hearing and he said that they(Obama Administration) didn't want the stimulus jobs going to White Male Construction Workers, I was convinced Obama is a racist dirtbag.

YouTube - Explosive Video Reich, Obamas economic advisor no "White Male Construction Workers" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4)

tangent4ronpaul
04-28-2009, 02:59 AM

Collectivist... Riiiiggghhhttt...

Obama is a Marxist! - total Commie!

-t

AutoDas
04-28-2009, 03:23 AM

It's altering views on race.

GunnyFreedom
04-28-2009, 04:06 AM

LOL my first two impressions on the money.

I voted for Keyes in 2000 because his rhetoric was entirely Constitutionalist. I love it when people call me 'racist' for opposing Obama when I promoted and voted for Keyes in 2000 on principle. (I would not have in 2004 or 2008 because of what I perceived as family irresponsibility, and by 2008 he was not quite rational anymore, I think)

GunnyFreedom
04-28-2009, 04:14 AM
I heard this on the radio and it has changed my opinion. When Robert Reich came before Charlie Rangel in a House Committee hearing and he said that they(Obama Administration) didn't want the stimulus jobs going to White Male Construction Workers, I was convinced Obama is a racist dirtbag.

YouTube - Explosive Video Reich, Obamas economic advisor no "White Male Construction Workers" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4)

wow, that's just horrible

moostraks
04-28-2009, 05:34 AM
Sorry, but as far as Obama goes, what has come with him is an attitude that if you are white and oppose him: you are a racist. It would not have anything to do with the fact they think he is a horrendous choice based upon his agenda for this country.

Furthermore, exposure to a race of people on television is not what makes a person tolerant to progressive social acceptance. Exposure to decent individuals in real life is what really matters. Intelligent, kind, and thoughtful people lower ones capacity to vilify a particular race or group of people by creed.

That said Obama was elected based upon marketing and the systemic void of intelligence in most younger voters. A Chicago gangster who parties weekly in the whitehouse is definately not what I would have wanted as the representation of my race as first POTUS. Review some of the youtubes regarding why the President was supported by his mouth breathing fans. It all came back to race and not policy reasons. With an entire race of people with their fair share of charm and intellligence this is the best that could be chosen? Give me a break!!!!

As for a race of people finding it socially acceptable to speak articulately, wonderful!! However, aren't they also now going to pick up on his (the President's) negative traits as well? Will it be the agenda of all blacks to become Marxists? To throw their children in a trash can because of how it will affect their future? To spy on their fellow man to aid the gubermint? Geesh was it not enough tptb destroyed Christians with the neocon agenda, now they will pick us off by race?

muh_roads
04-28-2009, 09:49 AM
I don't see any changes where I live. Little black kids all still act like they are kings. Littering, noisey, no respect for others, damaging property.

silverhawks
04-28-2009, 10:19 AM
I think its also accurate to say that Obama's term is altering views on government, and will continue to do so with every tax increase, bailout or insane green policy.

Brian4Liberty
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM

CNN is more subtle.

They just repeat over and over "look at what the evil white male did, you should fear them" and "look at these angry black people, you should fear them." "Now go out and fight amongst yourselves, and ignore our wars and Wall Street rip-offs."

Andrew-Austin
04-28-2009, 10:20 AM
There were plenty of successful black people in the private sector before Obama was elected.

That a black man climbed to the top of the political ladder is nothing to celebrate, who knows how many dicks he had to suck to become President. To me it seems only the most immoral people become powerful politicians, and Obama isn't exactly an exception to this rule... The black populace is just like the rest of American though, in that it has been induced by the media to worship the Presidency.

sailor
04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
true....but "the man" approves of communism because its a tool of economic consolidation

Wrong. The establishment is corporatist.

surf
04-28-2009, 10:44 AM
you know guys, sometimes its nice and even healthy to take a "glass-half-full" view of things. Thanks Terrel.

Picture what RP sees in King Obama: a hope that he delivers on promises of diplomacy over war, perhaps that we can vacation in Cuba someday if we desire, etc.

Some people need role-models. for many of us here, it is Dr. Paul or perhaps someone we have met earlier with similar beliefs. If Obama serves as one for ability to articulate (go ahead and make your teleprompter joke here if you must), his history of seaking an education, his ambition, etc. - that's a good thing.

Crash Martinez
04-28-2009, 11:05 AM
To anyone here who talks about "black people" and how "they" act:

Your prejudice really pisses me off. People who categorize individuals based on ethnicity have no place in the freedom movement, and their views are exactly the opposite of Dr. Paul's.

I for one couldn't possibly care less what color skin the current First Thief has, and as long as his skin color is heralded (or lamented) as having some kind of impact on people, we have not made the kind of "race relations" progress that is needed. Namely: people need to STOP CARING WHAT COLOR OTHER PEOPLE ARE, altogether!!

And no, Barack Obama is NOT a good role model, for "blacks" or anyone else. He is a criminal just like every President in recent memory. If some people in our country are now "inspired" to follow his example, THAT'S A BAD THING!!!

BlackTerrel
04-28-2009, 04:32 PM
It's altering views on race.

Ok that's what I thought. The "let's scare the shit out of white grandma" bit in the title I didn't really get.

BlackTerrel
04-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Sorry, but as far as Obama goes, what has come with him is an attitude that if you are white and oppose him: you are a racist. It would not have anything to do with the fact they think he is a horrendous choice based upon his agenda for this country.

I call BS. There are plenty of white people who oppose Obama and are not racist. I actually think this is used as a defense by people who are truly racist. They say something racist and then say "oh no, not me, just because I'm white and oppose Obama you say I am racist?" If you oppose Obama on principal then 99% of sane people will not call you racist.

The same is true of anti-Jewish attitudes. It's a tired excuse "oh no anyone who says anything remotely Israel is anti-Jewish all of a sudden". No, there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of Israel, as there are of Obama.

It's the racists that use it as an excuse which I have a problem with.

BlackTerrel
04-28-2009, 04:41 PM
I don't see any changes where I live. Little black kids all still act like they are kings. Littering, noisey, no respect for others, damaging property.

Oh no, noisy black kids! That's what kids do, they make noise. An election isn't going to change that.

What are the white kids like where you live?

BlackTerrel
04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
CNN is more subtle.

They just repeat over and over "look at what the evil white male did, you should fear them" and "look at these angry black people, you should fear them." "Now go out and fight amongst yourselves, and ignore our wars and Wall Street rip-offs."

You may be right. I rarely watch the news. I use Google News as my home page and follow the stories I'm interested in.

Working Poor
04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
who knows how many dicks he had to suck to become President.

I hope not as many as Bush did.:eek:

Time for Change
04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
another poll?

Hey Frank....Fuck YOU!

Paulitical Correctness
04-28-2009, 06:53 PM
On the contrary, I think the racism pendulum just swung the other way.

satchelmcqueen
04-28-2009, 09:06 PM
word to ya mutha

BenIsForRon
04-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Posters in this thread are crazy. All the OP was saying is that black people aren't as cynical about being able to succeed as they used to. Is that so hard to believe? Is it a bad thing? Of course not

GunnyFreedom
04-28-2009, 10:20 PM
I call BS. There are plenty of white people who oppose Obama and are not racist. I actually think this is used as a defense by people who are truly racist. They say something racist and then say "oh no, not me, just because I'm white and oppose Obama you say I am racist?" If you oppose Obama on principal then 99% of sane people will not call you racist.

The same is true of anti-Jewish attitudes. It's a tired excuse "oh no anyone who says anything remotely Israel is anti-Jewish all of a sudden". No, there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of Israel, as there are of Obama.

That's just not true.

I have on many occasions been informed that I "just don't like Obama because he is black." I would say black and white people tell me this in about equal numbers.

And all I ever tell them is that his rhetoric doesn't match his record, he says one thing and does another, and he has a completely wrong theory of government.

People who know me know that I am not even remotely a racist.

Likewise, I make criticisms of Israel, and I am called an Anti-Semite.

So I'm not so sure where you are getting the information that "If you are not a racist and you oppose them on principled grounds, people won't accuse you of being a racist." It's simply not true.

I have actually annoyed black and white people ALIKE because I lack any sort of racial collectivism whatsoever. In High School, when kids were making fun of X-Y-Z people liking "fried chicken and watermelon" I went around confused and had to ask, "I don't get it, I like fried chicken and watermelon too. Why do people think this is funny?" I once admitted that "black people as a race tend to have more melanin content in their skin" because some 'good-ol-boy' asked me if I couldn't point out anything physically or morally different about 'that race' and I couldn't really come up with anything else.

If, as you say, people would not be accused of racism for opposing Obama unless they were really racist, does that mean if I get accused of being a racist on account of opposing Obama then I must be a racist; even though in my personal view all human beings are created equal, and should treated so, regardless of race or gender?

GunnyFreedom
04-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Posters in this thread are crazy. All the OP was saying is that black people aren't as cynical about being able to succeed as they used to. Is that so hard to believe? Is it a bad thing? Of course not

For the record, I agree with the OP. I think a lot of these Paulers misread or misconstrued what was being said.

Now, the top role model for black children is no longer a violence encouraging drug slinging hip-hop star with millions of dollars, but an articulate well spoken educated President.

This can be nothing but good for the community; as with more education, at least some proportion of the community will become moved to our very cause.

Not that Obama deserves any credit based solely on the shade of his skin -- but in this specific area the long term effect will be very positive and very positive for our Constitutionalist movement also, I think.

GunnyFreedom
04-28-2009, 10:46 PM

I want to state up front that I wholeheartedly agree that it is not on account of Obama himself; but that you are correct. The shifting of 'top role models' from what is essentially a glorified thug, onto an articulate, educated, well spoken and very successful man -- regardless of any other circumstance in the world, can only be a good thing.

I say it has gone even further. That this affects more than just children, and already the effects are startling and positive.

All of the sudden, I think knowing now that it's actually possible to go all the way, a lot more black adults have gotten involved...in the Republican Party.

I don't think that Obama as President will shift the black community further Democrat; but will instead encourage more activism in general. And since more people in the black community are conservative than a lot of people probably think, more activism in general means good things for Conservatives and Constitutionalists.

If there was ever in this world a time for Republican outreach into the black communities it is now. Not out of desperation but more "hey, you are starting to get active and we just want you to know there is a better way. It's called the Constitution, and it answers ALL of these problems...."

BlackTerrel
04-30-2009, 03:35 PM
That's just not true.

I have on many occasions been informed that I "just don't like Obama because he is black." I would say black and white people tell me this in about equal numbers.

Where are you being accused of this and in what context? All you say is that you don't support Obama and you get accusations flung at you? I'm a bit skeptical.... lots of white people don't support Obama. Heck McCain didn't support Obama - I've never heard him be accused of racism.

BlackTerrel
04-30-2009, 03:38 PM
For the record, I agree with the OP. I think a lot of these Paulers misread or misconstrued what was being said.

Now, the top role model for black children is no longer a violence encouraging drug slinging hip-hop star with millions of dollars, but an articulate well spoken educated President.

This can be nothing but good for the community; as with more education, at least some proportion of the community will become moved to our very cause.

Not that Obama deserves any credit based solely on the shade of his skin -- but in this specific area the long term effect will be very positive and very positive for our Constitutionalist movement also, I think.

You summed it up nicely. That is exactly my point.

I don't think that Obama as President will shift the black community further Democrat; but will instead encourage more activism in general. And since more people in the black community are conservative than a lot of people probably think, more activism in general means good things for Conservatives and Constitutionalists.

I tend to agree but I do think it's complicated. Blacks are much more Christian (on average) than whites and conservative on some issues, but not always in the way that RP supports will like. For instance the real reason prop 8 passed in California was that black people voted in record numbers, and blacks (being largely Christian) oppose gay marriage.

Aratus
05-01-2009, 09:19 AM
folks, having potus dna is genetic. ...yes, obama's father was a kenyan, however his mother was of the good ole usa, and he's also part indian! turns out he has distant potus cousins, and like caroline kennedy, his daughters mayhap will be prominent democrats when they are adult...
methinks even so, like honest abe lincoln, barack obama has opened up this narrow oligarchical decision process!!!

Aratus
05-01-2009, 09:25 AM
our six or seven first few potuses were esoteric sons of Edward III...
maybe martin van buren is the first true commoner... even though
there is a minimalism of information on andrew jackson's ancestry...

Aratus
05-01-2009, 09:32 AM
we are more closer to being a true democracy because of the way the internet has changed
our political selection process. our rEVOLUTIOn is now changing the mindframe of the g.o.p!!!

moostraks
05-01-2009, 11:30 AM

I am referring to something heard just recently on local radio, and a sentiment which has been often repeated on local radio. The quote was regarding something to the effect that the tax protests were merely a kkk sheet meeting not a means to protest against unfair taxation practices. Guess you needed specifics before you believe it? This wasn't the first time this statement has been uttered by locals here regarding those that oppose this President and any negative utterances against him. Guess I am racist for pointing this out now, eh? Even though you don't know what race I am???:confused:

moostraks
05-01-2009, 11:32 AM

silly us, we shouldn't say anything negative or in opposition, where are my manners...:rolleyes:

Todd
05-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I am referring to something heard just recently on local radio, and a sentiment which has been often repeated on local radio. The quote was regarding something to the effect that the tax protests were merely a kkk sheet meeting not a means to protest against unfair taxation practices. Guess you needed specifics before you believe it? This wasn't the first time this statement has been uttered by locals here regarding those that oppose this President and any negative utterances against him. Guess I am racist for pointing this out now, eh? Even though you don't know what race I am???:confused:

You racist. :mad:;):D

GunnyFreedom
05-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Jeanine Garagolo comes to mind. "Anybody who doesn't like Obama is a racist"