PDA

View Full Version : Peroutka, 2004 Constitution Party Presidential Candidate, Endorses Ron Paul

jimbarbale
09-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Endorsement

http://www.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=926

OceanMachine7
09-19-2007, 01:06 PM
Sweet, he lives close to me (my cousin actually taught his sons) and has a lot of respect in my community.

Richie
09-19-2007, 01:09 PM
I went to Michael Peroutka's "victory party" back in 2004. It was really fun. I'm glad to see him endorse Paul.

Karsten
09-19-2007, 01:55 PM
"I endorse Rep. Ron Paul for President. And I endorse him not because he is the lesser of two evils. A Christian can never endorse any kind of evil. I endorse Rep. Paul because — from a Christian/Biblical and Constitutional perspective – he is, by far, the best candidate running for President."

http://www.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=926

ARealConservative
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Way to do the right thing (i'm looking your way Libertarian Party)

Karsten
09-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Whopps I didn't notice the other thread. Sorry to duplicate.

Karsten
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM

Actually, 2004 Libertarian candidate Michael Badnarik endorsed Ron Paul a long time ago.

Syren123
09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Sounds like he's struck a good balance between God and the government.

V4Vendetta
09-19-2007, 03:45 PM

Peroutka, was a the (Constitution Party) candidate in 2004
He is not a libertarian.

drednot
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
This is not insignificant. I remember seeing some CP posters saying they would rather write in Peroutka than vote for Paul.

The CP is small, but having the support of several small parties could provide a huge boost in the fight against the established party machines.

Delaware
09-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Got this in a an Email from the american view

Just a short note, please, to let you know I have endorsed Ron Paulfor President. Here is the statement I have released. God bless youall. I endorse Rep. Ron Paul for President. And I endorse him not becausehe is the lesser of two evils. A Christian can never endorse any kindof evil. I endorse Rep. Paul because &ndash; from a Christian/Biblicaland Constitutional perspective – he is, by far, the best candidaterunning for President. &ndash; Rep. Paul believes, correctly, that the Bible is theinfallible, inerrant word of God and thus it is not the role ofGod-ordained civil government, at any level, to feed, house, clotheor educate anybody. &ndash; Rep. Paul takes his oath to God as a Congressman seriouslyand believes, correctly, that the Constitution is the highestman-made law in our land, that it severely restricts what the FederalGovernment can legally do, and it must be obeyed. This is why, as hestates on his campaign web site, he has: never voted to raise taxes;never voted for an unbalanced budget; never voted for a Federalrestriction on gun ownership; never voted to raise Congressional pay;never taken a government-paid junket; and has never voted to increasethe power of the executive branch. In addition, Rep. Paul has voted against: the Patriot Act; regulatingthe Internet; and he voted against the Iraq war. He does notparticipate in the lucrative congressional pension program. Hereturns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to theU.S. treasury every year. &ndash; Rep. Paul, again correctly, is truly pro-life and believesthat there are no circumstances under which it is OK to murder byabortion any innocent unborn babies. Another admirable characteristic demonstrated repeatedly by Rep. Paulis that he speaks honestly and plainly. In one of the recent GOPcandidate debates, re: the Iraq war, he said: "Yes, I would leave. Iwould leave completely" – no troops in the region there, none.Period. He added: "We need a new foreign policy…to mind our ownbusiness, bring our troops home, defend this country, defend ourborders." When his questioner dishonestly accused him of saying that we shouldtake our marching orders from Al Qaida who also want us to withdrawfrom the Arabian Peninsula, Rep. Paul replied: "I'm saying we shouldtake our marching orders from our Constitution. We should not go towar without a declaration. We should not go to war when it's anaggressive war. This is an aggressive invasion. We've committed theinvasion of this war. where I take my marchingorders, not from any enemy." Well, amen!, Rep. Paul. God bless you, sir, and your family as youproceed in this campaign. And God does bless us when we obey Him. Rep. Ron Paul is a real patriot who understands that true love ofcountry requires, first, trusting in God's Providence and nextobedience to our Constitution. He is a man who rejects mindlessjingoism such as "My country right or wrong." Instead, he believesthat when our country is wrong – as it is today in many ways &ndash;true patriots must work to set us right. As President, Ron Paul, Ibelieve, would work Christianly and Constitutionally to set ourcountry right. This is why, in good conscience, I endorse hiscandidacy for President of the United States. A footnote: You may hear our recent interview of Rep. Paul by vistingthis web page <http://www.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=898>. For God, Family and the Republic, Michael A. Peroutka Publisher, TheAmericanView.com

guntherg16
09-19-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm glad to hear it.

Peroutka got my vote in 2004.

CurtisLow
09-19-2007, 07:31 PM
Who's Peroutka?

manuel
09-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Constitution Party

smtwngrl
09-19-2007, 07:33 PM
He was the Constitution Party Nominee for President in 2004.

john_anderson_ii
09-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Who's Peroutka?

Woot! I'm not alone on this one.